Incoming Receivers

Seem enough of the three amigos. How many more times are we gonna have Harley catch three yard passes
And get tackled right away. How many more times are we gonna see pope get ten yards on a bubble screen and then have the wind knock him down or have him step out of bounce instead of making a cut and going up field. How many times are
we going to throw deep to Wiggins and have him flop around like he has been shot when he should be fighting for the ball. Enough with these cats man they don’t have it. They have been around for 3 and 4 years and they are terrible.

Advertisement
I wanted to take a couple days after that L to collect my thoughts before posting anything.

But the most obvious deficiency in that game was the lack of toughness and physicality we have at the starting WR positions
Exactly what I’ve been thinking man...they’re just soft

Payton's been here a full year already. If he doesn't grasp the playbook, then he should be encouraged to look for other opportunities. How many busts do we need to have lingering on the roster?

I'm sick and tired of hearing about potential and seeing a flash here or there. We had it with Jeff Thomas, we're having it with Mallory, and I don't want to keep that tradition alive with Payton.
These dudes make Jeff look like an AA!
you cannot tell me that Jeff would not have went off in this offense! Still mad he left but he had to do what is best for him and his.. he was tough af to guard 1v1 and would routinely run by two defenders

Pope Harley and Wiggins are soft asf. I have high hopes for payton but theyre quickly dying, still gotta give him more of a chance to see whats real but hopefully Redding, Smith, Restrepo, George, Smith, and Brinson are the real deal.
We won’t know because the young guys won’t play smh

Advertisement
These dudes make Jeff look like an AA!
you cannot tell me that Jeff would not have went off in this offense! Still mad he left but he had to do what is best for him and his.. he was tough af to guard 1v1 and would routinely run by two defenders
Possibly, but even after he's moved on to the NFL, he's still nothing but untapped potential. Maybe with Likens it would have been differnet, but who knows?

How do we not have wr's like this? AJ Brown and DK Metcalf at Ole Miss were huge after just 3 years there. Compare them to Pope, Harley, etc.. and something is just off.

Attachments

• aj-brown-dk-metcalf.jpg
    aj-brown-dk-metcalf.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 12
Advertisement
Nope, I want us to recruit kids with frames that can develop into this. Of course none of our guys were every going to be that type of player. But, how many times are we going to watch as our wr's get bodied all over the place.
I hear that, but we just need to recruit better receivers. The NFL is trending towards guys who can get open, versus the "big bodied" WRs of the past.

I would replace Wiggins with Smith....he's had enough chances to prove himself...
first one out to me is Pope: Wiggins occasionally flashes : Harley tire of him dropping passes, then on 3rd an 9 : he runs 7 yards and has no ability to get YAC's

Advertisement
Ok comparing our guys to dk and aj from ole **** is a fools errand. Those guys are freaks. But Redding has potential. He’s got a stupid frame and speed. All the potential in the world. Let’s see what he’s got. He also made a great block to spring brevin. So we know he gives great effort. Pope and Harley have no frame man. Wiggins looks smaller than last year. I think he ate **** during quarantine

Advertisement
The incomers won’t have the maturity Pope, Wiggins and Harley have. They need to earn their stripes
If the incoming receivers are as good on Greentree in the Spring as they are on paper; Pope will be 3rd string, Wiggins 2nd, and Harley is a Senior. No guarantee he'll use the COVID eligibility waiver.

Advertisement
Back