Incoming Receivers

Except our staff rather play Pope, Wiggins, and Harley over young WR's. And guess what.....Pope, Wiggins, and Harley are ALL coming back next year (yay! i mean f***) cuz none of them are going to the NFL that's for **** sure.

Time for Manny to stop being a players coach favoring upperclassmen and bench them. Honestly, i legit hope they transfer out
Those 3 bums spent there bye week putting gold teeth in their mouths like that was suppose to intimidate clemson, when they should of been working on getting of a jam or and catch god dammit

Advertisement
The incomers won’t have the maturity Pope, Wiggins and Harley have. They need to earn their stripes

Maturity without talent doesn’t mean sHT.Im mature.Doesn't mean I can play WR at Miami.

We need guys that can catch the ball and fight for 50/50 balls not these “ mature” clowns we are running out there now that can’t catch their breath.
It’s great to be mature but being older doesn’t necessarily mean better...

Advertisement
Pope Harley and Wiggins are soft asf. I have high hopes for payton but theyre quickly dying, still gotta give him more of a chance to see whats real but hopefully Redding, Smith, Restrepo, George, Smith, and Brinson are the real deal.
Both Smiths, Restrepo, and George, are were/are very productive highschool Wrs, and Redding though not as productive is just physically a different breed. Hopefully they all contribute to the WR room, because UM needs it.

Redding has a 40 inch vert and a 4.5 40 in HS dude. Those numbers are already Starting NFL WR.
Pope and Harley wouldn’t even get a combine invite. I hope they both transfer.
I don't care much about Redding's measurables per say, all I care about is when he get his shot he uses his skillset. I hope he, Smith, and Payton are on the field together sooner rather than later. Since our starters aren't dawgs anymore let the youngins have a fair chance.

I don't care much about Redding's measurables per say, all I care about is when he get his shot he uses his skillset. I hope he, Smith, and Payton are on the field together sooner rather than later. Since our starters aren't dawgs anymore let the youngins have a fair chance.
The pop warner starters were never “dawgs” to begin with

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just want to know who on this staff has ever seen #3 #6 #8 ever make a contested catch for them to keep trying to go to the well.

These three dudes have a hard enough time trying to catch a ball wide open.

It’s pretty amazing actually. I watch a lot of football and see WR dunking in DB’s, catching back shoulder passes etc.....not one of our starting WR have done that in their whole career. It’s laughable at this point.

I watched the Virginia vs Clemson game and the reason Virginia moved the ball was because of their big WR making contested catches.

Or....

We could get more PT for the youngins we already have on this roster. I can’t say with 100% certainty that 3/6/8 makes that catch that Smith made tonight on that trick play. Get him and Redding more reps, asap.

To your point though, yes. Brinson, George, and Smith better be ready to play. Also, just because those guys are coming back doesn't mean ****. Aint no job guaranteed for their weak ***.
Lol bruh I wish you were right with the ain’t no job guaranteed but bruh with this staff it is! It’s been proven time and time again. They ain’t gonna bench anyone.

Advertisement
I think it’s all about physicality and toughness with these receivers. They create no separation, they don’t complete contested throws, and they barely EVER get YAC. S***....half the time they fall down like little kids when they go up for a catch. We already don’t have the biggest receiving corp, and their physical toughness is exposed wayyy too much. Oh yeah, and of course they drop passes

Advertisement
I just want to know who on this staff has ever seen #3 #6 #8 ever make a contested catch for them to keep trying to go to the well.

These three dudes have a hard enough time trying to catch a ball wide open.
None of them have strong hands or confidence in them. It’s mostly chest catching.

Last edited:
I wanted to take a couple days after that L to collect my thoughts before posting anything.

But the most obvious deficiency in that game was the lack of toughness and physicality we have at the starting WR positions

Advertisement
Back