In case you forgot how big POS Uncle Luke is...

I think that Uncle Luke is being a responsible citizen and keeping a level head about the current situation at FSU. He is correct. Decades of institutionalized racism have gone unchecked. There is no question that Willie Taggart, if given due time and proper support from the administration at Florida State University, will likely achieve a level of success beyond that of Jimmie Johnson. It is imperative at this time, that we let African-American head coaches succeed at a time when this country is doing all they can to remove them from such a prestigious positions such as the head football coach at Florida State University. I applaud Uncle Luke for his bravery and unbridled enthusiasm in supporting the current African-American head coach at Florida State University, Willie Taggart.

What exactly has Willie Taggart done in his coaching career that would lead you to the conclusion that he will LIKELY achieve a level of success beyond that of Jimmy Johnson? Has Willie really shown you anything in his career that would lead you to believe that he could win two Super Bowls?

Advertisement
What exactly has Willie Taggart done in his coaching career that would lead you to the conclusion that he will LIKELY achieve a level of success beyond that of Jimmy Johnson? Has Willie really shown you anything in his career that would lead you to believe that he could win two Super Bowls?

The Gospel of Uncle Luke, bro.

Did Urban Meyer have to wait?

Did Tom Herman have to wait?

Did Scott Frost have to wait?

NO!

My point stands, if Dino Babers were white, He'd have a top tier P-5 job right now.

Scott Frost is a unique situation, for he had a direct tie to Nebraska.

Tom Herman had to cut his teeth at Houston, and due to his connections at Ohio State had already been a candidate.

Urban Meyer had to go from BGSU to Utah, THEN after doing something unprecedented in the modern era did he get the UF job.

But hey, victimization politics have really helped us.

Here's a fact if you can get the job done you'll beok and keep your job if you can't do a job you lose it.race has nothing to do with keeping a job or nor should it be the criteria for getting a job.it's suppose to be who has the best qualifications.

a black head coach at a school (and alumni community) known for its racial discrimination is not a good fit. add to that a black coach that seems to be over his head (perhaps even worse than Randy Shannon), then you've got a real problem in trailerhassee.

i can't stand Luke and blaming his crack soaked brain is not the source of the problem. he's a POS narcissist who can't stand the fact that his 15 minutes have come and gone. however, i find it difficult to deny that there is no racial discrimination in the hiring of coaches at top level colleges.

i hope Taggert achieves moderate success (rather than full blown tanking) so that he cannot be fired.

Advertisement
Luther Campbell needs to be exterminated, one of the most racist F*****s there is! His music was low class and trashy just like he is. I'm embarrassed that he calls himself a cane fan! Hopefully, he will eventually shoot his self in the temple and America will be greater.
Listen I dislike Puke as much as the next guy, but homie whoooo you went in. At the end of the day sooner or later will see through his fake BS, Vilma already called him out on it. Uncle Puke will be figuratively dead to the Miami Fan Base soon enough.

That’s a lie. Tom Herman’s had one head coaching job before Texas and he was only there for 2 seasons and he didn’t even coach the last Bowl game.
Im not a Herman fan .. but there’s a thread with a lot of peopling wanting Herman from Houston here. You can see why he was an attractive candidate, he was the coordinator for Ohio st when they won the national championship, goes to Houston and starts recruiting (landing ed Oliver) and winning at an elite level, you factor in p5 wins that’s a candidate for a coaching candidate everyone wants

I think that Uncle Luke is being a responsible citizen and keeping a level head about the current situation at FSU. He is correct. Decades of institutionalized racism have gone unchecked. There is no question that Willie Taggart, if given due time and proper support from the administration at Florida State University, will likely achieve a level of success beyond that of Jimmie Johnson. It is imperative at this time, that we let African-American head coaches succeed at a time when this country is doing all they can to remove them from such a prestigious positions such as the head football coach at Florida State University. I applaud Uncle Luke for his bravery and unbridled enthusiasm in supporting the current African-American head coach at Florida State University, Willie Taggart.
Luke does have a point. Historically, AA coaches have not gotten the same treatment when trying to turn a program around. Historically, they have been given a short leash. I do believe things have improved in recent years.

Taggart should have the same opportunity to succeed or fail as anyone else. However, as a fan I understand the overreaction. I would probably feel the same way as their fans and I'm African American.

Their team should be a lot better than what they are. It's not like he inherited a dumpster fire. However it sure looks like it's turned into one!!!

Listen I dislike Puke as much as the next guy, but homie whoooo you went in. At the end of the day sooner or later will see through his fake BS, Vilma already called him out on it. Uncle Puke will be figuratively dead to the Miami Fan Base soon enough.
Why the hate? You can disagree with him, but why the hate. The man loves and does a lot of good for his community. See "Liberty City Warriors " on the Starz network. He has helped many a past, present, and future Canes avoid tragedy and become men. To hate on him is to hate on them.

Again, you can disagree and even dislike him, but "Uncle Puke?" Come on on man!!!

So, basically you're saying I hate you, but I love the kids you bring to us!!! That's pathetic!!! You can't have it both ways.

Advertisement
Well he’s telling the truth but white ppl don’t like for others to call out their privilege and entitlement. Although they can’t wait to try to call another race out on it.

With that being said it’s a different era... Willie Taggart is no Jimmy Johnson but I hope he stays at FSU until he can get “his players” on the roster.

I don't seem to recall neither that FSU coach type fella nor that 80's music type fella being white, nor black for that matter, both appear to be brownish to me, last time I seen someone black they were from Pakistan, more of a dark green

Why the hate? You can disagree with him, but why the hate. The man loves and does a lot of good for his community. See "Liberty City Warriors " on the Starz network. He has helped many a past, present, and future Canes avoid tragedy and become men. To hate on him is to hate on them.

Again, you can disagree and even dislike him, but "Uncle Puke?" Come on on man!!!

So, basically you're saying I hate you, but I love the kids you bring to us!!! That's pathetic!!! You can't have it both ways.
I applaud him for being in the community, however, my beef with him is the fact that he has openly bashed UM in the past and to many people outside of SFLA he is considered the face of UM fandom. Yet time again he always has a bone to pick with UM, whether it’s calling UM racist for firing Shannon, or threatening UM with the whole Ryan Collins situation. Just this past recruiting cycle with Tutu Atwell, he was crushing UM for not offering him, yet FSU doesn’t offer either but with them he shoves his tongue up his *** and doesn’t say anything about them not offering and continues to slurp on them. He represented UM last year on College Gameday, how is that even allowed at this point, he doesn’t deserve that title.

Lol at calling someone dumb when you couldn't comprehend the sarcasm in the post.
LOL My fault. I'm on day 4 with a new baby and the brain is not functioning well. The sarcasm absolutely went right over my head. I thought he was serious with that post, and it blew my mind.

You do realize there more black head coaches then ever bofore right. Plus uncle puke is a racist, so I don't really give a s**t what that ignorant f**k has to say.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Racism exists, it will always exist, but competent ADs aren't turning down big time coaches, because of skin color. That's how you end up fired. That's how you end up a laughingstock.

Well I haven't read Luke's article,....because I don't really give a sh** what someone whose clearly not an analyst analyzes,.....but isin't the context not necessarily taking aim at the ADs,....but instead, the pressure they are always under to quickly replace a possibly-inept coach.

Boosters responses towards them are usually less patient.

You don't think racism exists, this is an
Scott Frost is a unique situation, for he had a direct tie to Nebraska.

Tom Herman had to cut his teeth at Houston, and due to his connections at Ohio State had already been a candidate.

Urban Meyer had to go from BGSU to Utah, THEN after doing something unprecedented in the modern era did he get the UF job.

But hey, victimization politics have really helped us.

And Dino Babers won the OVC & MAC four times in four years and the best He could do was get a job at a P5 imposter.

Charlie Strong's resume is twice as long as Morris', Moorhead's, & Pruitt's, and not one call from an SEC school.

Trying to convince racists like you that racism exists is an exercise in futility, I should've known better.

I don't think anybody really believes racism don't exist, it has always existed and always will. I believe things are getting better though, lots of blacks in upper level positions, just maybe not football coaches. I know in Texas we have a lot of black high school football coaches, I played for one of the best ever. Since this is a rational discussion, what chaps me the most is when I hear some guy talking about how his people were slaves and therefore he is owed, so he should get free this free that blah blah. How long is that gonna continue, I mean that was what 200 years ago. That just puts a bad taste in everybody's mouth, and truth being that guy prolly just wants to sit on the front porch and drink 40's and play domino's.

Advertisement
You don't think racism exists, this is an

And Dino Babers won the OVC & MAC four times in four years and the best He could do was get a job at a P5 imposter.

Charlie Strong's resume is twice as long as Morris', Moorhead's, & Pruitt's, and not one call from an SEC school.

Trying to convince racists like you that racism exists is an exercise in futility, I should've known better.

Charlie Strong also got a job that was better than Morris', Moorhead's and Pruitt's COMBINED when he took the Texas job. He didn't succeed at a high level, and ended up having to take a step back. We can argue WHY Strong didn't get the job done at Texas, but the fact remains that he didn't do much of anything there other than turn the roster over a bit. Very few coaches fail at a major program and then get a chance at another one right afterwards. Lane Kiffin is the weird outlier, and even then, he got that SC job based on him having a connection to Pete Carroll, and the fact that SC was about to enter probation.

Guess facts and logic are racist now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back