In case you forgot how big POS Uncle Luke is...

That has nothing to do with my post nor does it have anything to do with Dino Babers. I guess Arkansas made a stupid hire. I'd probably be ****ed off if my team hired a coach with a career losing record and he proceeded to suck at my school. Oh wait, that happened. I hated Al Golden too.

Also, prior to this season's 3-0 start, Babers was 8-16 at Syracuse. I'd be ****ed off if Blake James hired a guy who went 8-16 to be the next coach at Miami.

In my post that you first responded to, my point was that some pull extenuating circumstances out of their @$$es for Morris' losing record at SMU, but don't look at Taggart's record in context.

Advertisement
And?

Chad Morris was 14-22, how'd He get the Arkansas job over a Charlie Strong, who's a hometown guy, with a winning record?

andddd Strong has a great tenure at Lousiville from 2010-2013 (37-16 overall) however from 2014-2016 his record at Texas was 16-21 and he never had more than 6 wins in a season at Texas. Morris went 2-10, 5-7, and 7-5 at SMU. One Coach was trending up, the other down.

Also in reference to your earlier post, Strong did not have to "wait" he was an assistant at a few schools and his first head coaching job was at Louisville.

This talent you talk about, where is it? Is it the same talent that Jimbo went 6-6 with last year?

Well technically no.... last year they were hit with some injuries. MOST teams losing their starting QB week 1 and being forced to play a true freshman would not pan out too well.

Advertisement
andddd Strong has a great tenure at Lousiville from 2010-2013 (37-16 overall) however from 2014-2016 his record at Texas was 16-21 and he never had more than 6 wins in a season at Texas. Morris went 2-10, 5-7, and 7-5 at SMU. One Coach was trending up, the other down.

Also in reference to your earlier post, Strong did not have to "wait" he was an assistant at a few schools and his first head coaching job was at Louisville.

Understood, but either way it's a crap shoot. How many coaches got fired from their P5 jobs last year, that were trending up at their previous non-p5 jobs?

In my post that you first responded to, my point was that some pull extenuating circumstances out of their @$$es for Morris' losing record at SMU, but don't look at Taggart's record in context.

The first post I responded to was the one where you said none of these other coaches had to wait for big jobs. I've never defended the Arkansas hire. Still, I'm inclined to think the head coach at FSU is a far more prestigious position than the head coach at Arkansas. Either way, a coach with one winning season out of three (even if he's trending up) still makes me weary.

Luke is full of it. Howard has just won UM's 1st National Championship and JJ replaced Howard to go for to the USFL NYC team owned by Trump that never was created. JJ's first year there were tons of Canes fans calling for JJ's head. Especially after the lost to Michigan & FSU but the last three games JJ's team lost to Maryland 40-42 after blowing a 31-0 lead in the start of the 3rd Quarter, then the Hail Flutie game that I still have nightmares over and then the UCLA Bowl game at the Fiesta Bowl. Yes, Canes fans were calling for JJ's head since we just won the National Championship.

However back in 1984 few people had access to usenet rec.sport.football.college where it would take up to 6 days before anyone saw your post and another 6 days to see someone reply to your post. This was before the World Wide Web was invented and it was super slow in those days and a lot harder to complain about coaching. The only way back then to argue about the coaching was tailgating at the game. Sorry Luke is just making crap up or he was too drunk or high to know what was going on tailgating.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I dont think people are that upset with taggart at being 1-2 or because of his race.

They are upset bc the team was dancing, becoming bunk buddies, traveling to IMG, has fumbled, penalties, poor clock management and cant block anyone. they look lost and got pounded by 2 conference teams to start the year.

If they looked like a football team he wouldn't have so much criticism.

This talent you talk about, where is it? Is it the same talent that Jimbo went 6-6 with last year?
Yup same team that started the year ranked #3 n lost their starting qb for the year. The 6-6 record reflects the team n players quiting on each other not the talent. But hey u keep supporting race based decision making n we'll see how that worksout cutie pie. Taggart will destroy that program doesnt matter if hes pink green aqua black or white.

seems like canesince4ever is the racist here, all his cryin about the black man being held back by the white man has me wanting to get him a kleenex. Same ole same ole, anytime something dont go his way he cries racism, man that **** gets old. I sure thought when obama got to be POTUS it would change some of that attitude, but it didnt. IMO in this country you can achieve pretty much anything you want you just have to be willing to work for it. Like someone else stated, in cfb winning trumps everything, dont matter if your purple, you keep winning, you'll go to the top

Advertisement
I get why he wants to make it about race, but Willie ain't helping himself there. Any FSU coach that puts a team in the field like he has this year would be getting the same heat. It was weird to me that him and Franklin were close to the top of the most overrated coach rankings before the year, I think there was some unconscious bias there, but FSU has been trash so far.

I might be wrong but pretty sure he kept it because of the insane contract. The question then is why they gave that to Weis so fast. I think it's because they thought an NFL team was going to steal him. Can quibble about whether that was a legit threat but not sure the records tell the full story either.

Advertisement
Charlie may own the goat milk job, is there anybody else that can touch the money he milked outta the domers. Jeez their prolly still payin that guy, anybody have those numbers ? I know their insane

Charlie may own the goat milk job, is there anybody else that can touch the money he milked outta the domers. Jeez their prolly still payin that guy, anybody have those numbers ? I know their insane

I think that fat**** has duped all His employers outta money.

Advertisement
Back