Important We Crush App St

Advertisement
Nor am I. There's a difference between politics and civics.

There's nothing wrong with acquiring accurate knowledge about how our government actually works. Nothing more to discuss on this tangent.
Well its off topic. Youre right though. Talking about our government has nothing to do with politics.

Good day.

Well its off topic. Youre right though. Talking about our government has nothing to do with politics.

Good day.

It's all good. Things can remain respectful. But when you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I aced my First Amendment class in law school, well, yeah, then I'm going to tell you otherwise.

Now let's beat Appalachian State.

That CONGRESS shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech. The First Amendment applies to the government, not to individuals or corporations or employers.

Not to mention that every clause of the First Amendment has well-known exceptions where Congress (and/or the government) actually CAN abridge First Amendment rights.

But you keep right on believing that you have an unlimited right to say what you want as long as you aren't "endangering anyone". You don't have that right, but it's amusing to watch people insist that they do.
Like the Military..

Advertisement
I mean, App is ranked higher than more than half the ACC according to most computer models, including UVA.

If you watch App, and are familiar with them, you'd know why some people say it won't be easy. You guys "rolled" UAB 31-14 last year. To close 2019 App beat UAB 31-17, finishing the game on a 31-3 run. Beat UNC who you lost to, beat USC who had beaten UGA. In 2018 it was taking Penn State to OT, after App held a 38-31 lead with 30 seconds left. There is a history of success here, and against like opponents, it would seem the teams are even.

We will see. I think Miami's chip from the Alabama game is going to be what drives this game good or bad. Are guys pressing? Did they prep harder than usual? Are they looking forward to Michigan State, who App would be favored to beat, because they are in the Big 10? Time will tell.

Also, 85 degrees at 9 PM is ridiculous and that may end up being the deciding factor of the game by the 4th quarter.
My last response to you covered most of these points. Again, the argument that “we beat someone who beat you guys” and “we played some good teams tough a few years ago” has no bearing on this game. If it were 2019 and we were playing you guys I’d be concerned. Thankfully, we have a QB & kicker now. However, If your argument is premised on hanging with and almost beating some good teams, a few years ago, that’s not going to have any bearing on tomorrow’s game. In the time from 2016 to now, your best win against a P5 was against an 8-5 Wake Forest team.

I think it’s admirable to see how such a small school has been able to play some competitive games and even pull off the occasional P5 win. That though, has no bearing on tomorrow’s game. For us Miami fans, we’re skeptical of your team because of our talent/size advantage, and our previous history. The 2016 game has no bearing on tomorrow, but our only history of playing you guys is bubble screening you to death and blowing you out in your program’s biggest home game ever. Any given team can win in any given Saturday, but I don’t think the final score will be all that close.

Agree. Don’t understand the hesitancy/concern with App State. They’re a sunbelt team that’s only known for an upset they pulled 14 years ago. Their best win since 2016 was against an 8-5 Wake Forest squad back in 2017. Funny enough, if you look at their board, they think they win on Saturday and that it boosts their “up and coming” program. I disagree, I think we win comfortably. If we don’t and struggle, or if we somehow lose, it’s curtains for Manny.
The concern isnt necessarily about App State. It's about whether our coaches will have the team ready to play with a solid gameplan. We have more than enough of a talent advantage to beat App State. But we also have coaching that can keep App State in the game.

Advertisement
Fun fact, they run a 3-4 and their 3 down linemen are all under 300 lbs. Their NT is 6'2" 298. One of their starting DEs is 5'11" 235 lbs. Miami should easily pick up 5 ypc. This is Lashlee's wet dream, he can run, run, run, run, and run some more and then give King an easy deep shot with a PA pass. It's going to be 90 degrees with high humidity- App State's severely undersized DL should be gassed early in the game. If Miami plays sloppy, App State can certainly make the most of it (they have a very good run game), but the game really shouldn't be competitive.

Those who think we come out tomorrow and crush App State are in for a long night.

The great thing about a message board is you can make silly statements like this with absolutely no repercussions or hits to credibility. I wish there was a prediction success rating for members; if you think Miami is going to struggle against App State and we end up winning easily, that should stick with you so the next time you make a prediction, everyone will be fully aware that you don't know what you are talking about. It goes both ways of course, if someone thinks Miami is going to win easily and we struggle, the poster should get dinged as well.

Advertisement
The great thing about a message board is you can make silly statements like this with absolutely no repercussions or hits to credibility. I wish there was a prediction success rating for members; if you think Miami is going to struggle against App State and we end up winning easily, that should stick with you so the next time you make a prediction, everyone will be fully aware that you don't know what you are talking about. It goes both ways of course, if someone thinks Miami is going to win easily and we struggle, the poster should get dinged as well.
Why would you want to ruin a great thing?

The USA Today:
Money line: Appalachian State +250
Miami -320
Spread: Appalachian State +8.5
O/U. 54.5

Their Official prediction is UM 34
AS 27

Advertisement
I see this game as nearly identical to the UAB game last year. Both teams will try to establish the run. At the end our talent advantage should win out. Canes 31-17.

I’m not swayed by losing a blowout we were always going to lose in that fashion. App is a solid team and will have some plays. We still cover with relative ease

Advertisement
Back