Important We Crush App St

Advertisement
If this is truly a ten win team like half the board shockingly thinks, then the defense is what I’m most keeping an eye on.

Couldn’t care less if we hold them to under 20 points if it’s a repeat of CMU two years ago where our opponent beats themselves for us.

The defense needs to:
Hold App St to under 300 yards
Prevent them from crossing midfield in more than half their drives
Avoid 20+ yard plays
Hold them from entering the RZ more than 4 times
Less than 20 points allowed

Miami teams love being able to point to the scoreboard against **** opponents when in reality there are flaws everywhere. Let’s see if we’re capable of a complete performance against a team with a quarter of a pulse
Nailed it! Great job team

Advertisement
The great thing about a message board is you can make silly statements like this with absolutely no repercussions or hits to credibility. I wish there was a prediction success rating for members; if you think Miami is going to struggle against App State and we end up winning easily, that should stick with you so the next time you make a prediction, everyone will be fully aware that you don't know what you are talking about. It goes both ways of course, if someone thinks Miami is going to win easily and we struggle, the poster should get dinged as well.

the silliness.

We win the next three games easily.
UVA should be our next tough test at home.
Actually that stretch of UVA, UNC, NCst and plPitt will be tougher than people think.
All those teams are potential top 20 teams and have good QBs.
What did I tell you about not aging well?

Fun fact, they run a 3-4 and their 3 down linemen are all under 300 lbs. Their NT is 6'2" 298. One of their starting DEs is 5'11" 235 lbs. Miami should easily pick up 5 ypc. This is Lashlee's wet dream, he can run, run, run, run, and run some more and then give King an easy deep shot with a PA pass. It's going to be 90 degrees with high humidity- App State's severely undersized DL should be gassed early in the game. If Miami plays sloppy, App State can certainly make the most of it (they have a very good run game), but the game really shouldn't be competitive.
Lol

Advertisement
He played for Duke. He didn't get to Duke until July of 2020. So no Spring Camp, no summer workouts, a disjointed Fall Camp due to COVID restrictions. He didn't meet his position coach and coordinator until Camp opened. Then you have what Duke has on their team on the offensive line and at receiver. His best receiver was his tight end, and even then, he never had enough time to get the ball out. Then he had 4 weeks of a COVID disrupted camp to absorb, learn, and build chemistry in a David Cutcliffe offense, which by College Football Standards, is fairly difficult on it's own.

He managed to complete 20 of 25 passes against Miami, despite only having 1.5 seconds to throw and being hit on almost every drop back. Last week against ECU he had his best game as a College quarterback. I know that ECU's defense isn't Miami but they are improved over last season. 20-27 for 252 yards and 2 TD's, with multiple long balls on the spot, would be something that Miami fans would appreciate from King regardless of opponent, right?

Chase's situation at Duke was more about COVID and turnover among Duke's existing depth chart than it was about Brice. What you guys are going to see is an offense similar to Louisville, but after watching Louisville the past two years and following what Chase did with Duke and thus far at App since January, I'm fairly certain that Brice is a better pure passer, decision maker, and student of the game than Cunningham is. Cunningham is a great athlete and makes some good throws at times but he has to see the guy open before throwing, whereas Brice is throwing before guys even come out of their breaks.

The only thing really different, talent wise, between App and Louisville was Atwell and Hawkins. App's receivers outside of the Hawkins type are better than Louisville's based on what I've seen, and have been playing in this offense for five or six year (Super Seniors). Nate Noel is going to be your Hawkins comparison, and I believe that they both come from Northwestern High School so that would make sense. Hawkins may be a touch faster but Noel runs with a bit more power and lower pad level for his size.

Obviously Miami beat Louisville last year. Much of that, from what I could tell, was busted plays (see throw to an unaccounted for running back in the third quarter). But Louisville managed to have success on offense in the second half. Now App State has Frank Ponce who helped game plan and give Scott Satterfield plays to call, but he has a more balanced offense to work with, four running backs, and a better QB. We will see what comes of it.

Moral of the story is that if you're discounting Brice because of what happened at Duke, you don't understand football, and you certainly overestimate Duke, who just lost to Charlotte.
I tried telling y'all.

Turns out my synopsis of what was likely to happen was pretty **** spot on. If you want a link to my Blog for the rest of the season let me know.

Not sure I can handle all of the Walmart fan types who think App State is D2, when reality is that they are much closer to a Boise State, and actually have had a better transition to FBS than Boise did.

I tried telling y'all.

Turns out my synopsis of what was likely to happen was pretty **** spot on. If you want a link to my Blog for the rest of the season let me know.

Not sure I can handle all of the Walmart fan types who think App State is D2, when reality is that they are much closer to a Boise State, and actually have had a better transition to FBS than Boise did.
Kill me now.

Advertisement
Back