IMO our biggest area of "need/weakness" is a playmaking FS/S

To be fair to JJ Blackman threw heat. if the ball was thrown like grossman he picks that.

Wait, what? Are you saying that the ball was thrown to hard for Johnson to intercept it? LOL

He's saying that Grossman threw a hanging curve making the play easier for Mo. Not excusing the drop by Jaquan, but it's hard to criticize Jaquan for that one play when he made multiple touchdown saving tackles on Saturday. He was our leading tackler if I'm not mistaken.

Advertisement
[MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] agreed. for the rest of the season, COULD Michael Jackson become that at the FS spot? and put JJ back at SS

I’m really not sure, but the few names that have been mentioned (Jenkins & Bush) weren’t ball hawking safeties that could take it to the house.

Jobe & Hall are both those types. Smith & Carter both lay wood, but can they pic 6 it?

Carter can’t. He’s not as fast as jenkins or bush. Smith can move for how big he is though

agree [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]

Dying to have Hall and jobe back there, guys with range and no more yac when u catch it they rt there ready to make the hit

Advertisement
For the guy that mentioned step/burst, I don't think that was the issue. He just needs to catch the ball.

dog JJ has no explosiveness, it was evident in his HS film i never understood the hype cause the worst weakness to have as a db wr or rb is not have explosiveness or speed. His HS film was good but he didnt translate well in the acc, im going by the hype he was getting. Dudes was saying ed reed and hes not even close to that

For the guy that mentioned step/burst, I don't think that was the issue. He just needs to catch the ball.

dog JJ has no explosiveness, it was evident in his HS film i never understood the hype cause the worst weakness to have as a db wr or rb is not have explosiveness or speed. His HS film was good but he didnt translate well in the acc, im going by the hype he was getting. Dudes was saying ed reed and hes not even close to that

I'm not arguing if he's explosive. I'm saying ON THAT PLAY he was there. He just didn't pick the ball off. Plain and simple.

Advertisement
He came up with a nice Int last year against fsu but I agree a lot of the safeties in recent years doesn't make teams pay for their mistakes consistently it makes you appreciate those guys of old that much more. It's carried over to the NFL also, Deon Bush had an incredible opportunity last year against Green Bay and dropped an Aaron Rodgers interception in the end zone that could've changed the game.

And whoever brought up Grossman as if he was the lesser QB to make an INT off of he is way more physically talented than Blackman was/is and played in the NFL a number of years, even made it to a super bowl despite his horrible play. I'll be surprised if that stick figure takes one snap as a backup in the league

Last edited:
Diaz played him all of over the field last year and I thought once he settled into S that he'd take the next step. Hasn't happened but he's the best safety we have by a long shot. [MENTION=8602]M3N[/MENTION] was completely spot on about Johnson.

I said it a couple of weeks ago, how the fvck is the U lack depth at fvbcking S and ******* RB?

To be fair to JJ Blackman threw heat. if the ball was thrown like grossman he picks that.

Wait, what? Are you saying that the ball was thrown to hard for Johnson to intercept it? LOL

He's saying that Grossman threw a hanging curve making the play easier for Mo. Not excusing the drop by Jaquan, but it's hard to criticize Jaquan for that one play when he made multiple touchdown saving tackles on Saturday. He was our leading tackler if I'm not mistaken.

Where did I “criticize” Johnson? I simply pointed out that we are missing the element of having a safety that can INTERCEPT a pass & go 95 yds for a TD. Nowhere did I mention his tackling ability, productivity, or play as a whole.

Advertisement
Players like Knowles and Johnson are young and will make UM so much better in a year because they will have experience. You add their experience and mesh it with elite talent then you have a championship roster.

We need to get Amari Carter going. Kid has tons of potential and great instincts. Go watch his hs tape. He is able to light people up and play center field (he played wr and safety in hs).

Last edited:
Advertisement

Where did I “criticize” Johnson? I simply pointed out that we are missing the element of having a safety that can INTERCEPT a pass & go 95 yds for a TD. Nowhere did I mention his tackling ability, productivity, or play as a whole.

Never said you did. I'm saying he played a good game...the dropped pick six notwithstanding.

ETA: I agree safety play is our biggest weakness on D right now.

Last edited:
yep, while on this topic add Delaney getting tripped by Murrays pinky when he had a caravan in front of him, and Jaquan also getting snatched last year by one hand on what would of been another pick 6 vs FSU.. demetrius Jacksons drop last week 2, gotta make life easier on our selves down the line, and this week would be a great place to do it... playmaking is tweeds point, and I agree..

Advertisement
Back