IMO our biggest area of "need/weakness" is a playmaking FS/S

Anyone making excuses or disagreeing with Tweed should slap themselves.

A true hawk sixes that and we need more hawks.

Problem is we're not going to find any who can help us this year unless we can get a guy on the roster ready.

We won the game and are playing for every goal we had at the beginning of the season. So what good does it do to moan about what we don't have on the roster right now? We should have more than enough good material on the current roster to win the Coastal.

Advertisement
Didn't Quan lead the team in tackles in the FSU game?

Yes he did, but what does that have to do with what I said about wanting a safety who can pick off that pass & go 95 yds to the house?

Is Jaquan incapable of picking off that pass or did he just drop that one ball? FSU has that guy at Safety and we still won. Don't make too much of one drop.

If you apply that same thing to Berrios you'd have given up on him after the FSU game his first year. Ahmmon dropped a pass against FSU. Doesn't mean he's incapable of making big plays either.

Amari Carter!!! Play him! Play Dean too and consider Michael Jackson and Delaney at safety. These guys have the talent to be on the field. They will make mistakes like Knowles, but they have the size and speed to play here and need to be groomed.

Yes he did, but what does that have to do with what I said about wanting a safety who can pick off that pass & go 95 yds to the house?

Is Jaquan incapable of picking off that pass or did he just drop that one ball? FSU has that guy at Safety and we still won. Don't make too much of one drop.

If you apply that same thing to Berrios you'd have given up on him after the FSU game his first year. Ahmmon dropped a pass against FSU. Doesn't mean he's incapable of making big plays either.

I imagine on FSU boards they are talking about dropped INT James had on the ball he and Ahmon went up for. Totally agree about not making too much of one drop.

Advertisement
I think you guys missed the point of what I was saying.

A PLAYMAKING safety, MAKES that play & houses it. Nothing against JJ at all, he played a good game.

Didn’t JJ have a pretty big pick in last year’s FSU game?

A PLAYMAKING safety, MAKES that play & houses it. Nothing against JJ at all, he played a good game.

There is no guaranteed a playmaking safety makes that pick. I have seen safeties and corners in the nfl with ball skills drop picks on very similar type plays.

There is a need for more playmakers back there but i think the issue is you singled out that one play as the reason why we need them.

Advertisement

Been a while since we had one....no disrespect to any current/former Canes.

And a playmaking WR catches the passes Ahmmon dropped and houses them. You're using one play to try to make a point, and that's always a dopey way to try to make a point. You only compounded that goofy argument by making Mo Sikes your centerpiece.

Advertisement

I imagine on FSU boards they are talking about dropped INT James had on the ball he and Ahmon went up for. Totally agree about not making too much of one drop.

One **** play. Even the all-time greats miss a play here and there.

If you want to say you don't like JJ, then make your case. But to base it off one tough missed pick is ridiculous. Every HOF player has dropped a ball or missed a hole or missed a tackle at some point.

The funny part about this whole thread is we have the guy on our roster..He''s just 8th on our wr depth chart and 3rd or 4th rb now with the injury to Walton....I've been saying it for months.

Advertisement
The first couple of weeks I kind of wanted to see Bandy across from Young with Dee at safety. With Dee playing better and making strides that would be a bad idea. I just think a lot of Bandy and thought we could hide some of Dee’s issues then.

64th in the nation in total defense. Terrible. Its morethan just a playmaking safety.

PPG is more important

#17 in points allowed. That's the number that matters in real life. Total defense is important if you are playing Madden. Also game should have ended 17-13 Miami after Miami clearly stripped the ball on the play before FSU threw the td to take lead.

Advertisement
Back