I'm still not sold on CMR the play caller.....

Other issue could be people setting themselves up for failure.

Posters bought the spring and preseason Kaaya hype added in a sprinkle of highlights of 90's FSU offenses heard Coley was staying and immediately thought we would score 70 a game. 4 games in and people were still thinking there was a hidden playbook and Kaaya was messing with defenses saving it for big games.

Advertisement
Halfback pass in a Blizzard, during a Bowl game...

#NeverForget

Lol classic, I'm glad those days are in the past
Gotta always keep things in perspective, before people start bhitchin about Richt's playcalling they should be thankful we don't have JC anymore.

It also needs to be noted that Richt's playcalling was hampered by Kaaya's inability to actually come off of his first read.
Combine that with a lack of any kind of pocket presence or escability whatsoever, then add on a suspect OL & you get the 4 game stretch from last year.

I'm not saying that Richt is some kind of offensive genius, but his resume is solid enough from his days at FSU & UGA that should give him a lil more leeway as playcaller amongst our fanbase.

The 2nd half of the season he showed he was willing to adjust things & make Kaaya more comfortable & it played a huge part in the 5 game win streak.

However, it's a little unfair to be to hypercritical of him considering he hasn't had his QB run his system yet.

Nailed it. Richt isn't Chip Kelly when it comes to offensive innovation, but he's shown that he's extremely flexible. He adjusted more after each game last season than any of the Shannon/Golden OCs did their entire times at Miami.

A head coach has too many duties these days to be an offensive coordinator as well. Recruiting, meeting with the media, community involvement and on and on. Prefer he give his system to an OC, to tweak and work with the OC when he has time. Think he will hand off the duties within the next two years.

I said it before the season and ill say it again. Richts biggest mistake was not studying some game film from the previous year.

A clean slate is a great idea; but you have to know whose who when that game clock is ticking.

Richt got a lil too trusting of those greentree abilities. I believe it was the pregame presser for the bowl game when he addressed what clicked for him after the 4 game skid.

He got to know the personnel better. Its as simple as that. The entire staff needed to get to know the boys better. SEARELS being the main one.

I really dont get why Richts playcalling abilities are even at question. Its absolutely absurd to me, given his track record.

To this day, not one of you questioning Richts playcalling ability can tell me 3, **** even 1, coach that took over a team with a slow, shell shocked qb, and an average at best oline, and made a contender out of them?

Save for a few plays missed, richt was **** close to doing that.

Richts resume' is too strong not to given him the benefit of the doubt. He isnt an uknown like don'know'd'frio

Advertisement
There are defiantly some things cmr can do to improve as a coach. Looking back at his time at uga what his record vs teams with 10 or more wins? How often did he give a team their only loss etc.? I haven't looked all those things up at this point but time will tell if richt is able to get over that championship hump.

He just needs a mobile QB able to take off in the time of need. I still don't understand why Kaaya never took off??? Cost him lots of money....at least our next QB will be capable of sustaining drives with his legs.

So blaming Kaaya's inability to execute is the play caller's fault?? interesting lol

Advertisement
The Notre Dame game play calling was terrible in the first half.

sure, might not have been above critique but players were open, plays were always there to make Kaaya just killed drives during crucial moments and downs like he does in majority of the games he's played in.

He/we need better tempo, expansion of the route tree and a more variation in formations. With the improved OL play and weapons this would be too much to handle for most defenses. No denying the fact we need improved play calling from Richt.

Posters bought the spring and preseason Kaaya hype added in a sprinkle of highlights of 90's FSU offenses heard Coley was staying and immediately thought we would score 70 a game. 4 games in and people were still thinking there was a hidden playbook and Kaaya was messing with defenses saving it for big games.

Yep!! I remember the "we've only shown 40% of the playbook" posts...Good times mane

Advertisement
Groundbreaking thread.

You mean to tell me that in all these months of not playing any ******* football, your thoughts on his playcalling haven't changed?

******* riveting.

Personnel, personnel, personnel! I also remember a time when people were saying that Diaz was a horrible DC. Until Richt has the right pieces (his players) in place, any judgement regarding his play calling is a bit premature, if not unwarranted.

:U5PyXda:

Yep!! I remember the "we've only shown 40% of the playbook" posts...Good times mane

If you watch his offenses of old there's much more.. His install was very much personnel dependent.

Advertisement
All forms of option offenses are for ****** programs that can't recruit big time players to play big dik football. A real Miami QB under center can read the D pre-snap and audible to the run, identify blitzes and go hot, set receivers in motion, change protection, you know, play football. RPO is small time garbage.

All forms of option offenses are for ****** programs that can't recruit big time players to play big dik football. A real Miami QB under center can read the D pre-snap and audible to the run, identify blitzes and go hot, set receivers in motion, change protection, you know, play football. RPO is small time garbage.

You mean like the Dallas Cowboys, as just one NFL example? The team that sucked *** with alll the money and offensive geniuses money could buy, until they found a QB that could run the RPO.

The Notre Dame game play calling was terrible in the first half.

sure, might not have been above critique but players were open, plays were always there to make Kaaya just killed drives during crucial moments and downs like he does in majority of the games he's played in.
can't blame kaaya when richt calls three run plays up the gut and they all get stuffed.

Advertisement
Back