I'm still not sold on CMR the play caller.....

Are you new to the game of football?

I'm not. So much so that watching the awkward, silly looking offense Miami trotted on the field last year has me wondering if Richt's vision for this program is something us longtime Cane fans won't recognize as Canes football. I guess as long as they win I won't care how they look doing it, but I'd certainly prefer a traditional Miami offense to go with this throwback Miami defense we've got.

p.s. *** you too

You're dumb as ***. The problem isn't the RPO plays, which are commonly used in both college and the NFL. As a concept there's nothing wrong with it, it wasn't run as well as it could have last year, for reasons we've all discussed. Also, genius, check out Dallas' offensive output last year, including in their playoff game.

My problem with the offense last year was that Rick got away from playing to Kaaya's strength and around his limitations with the playcalling. He finally adapted in the last 5 games.

Don't be a clown and know what you're talking about before you show your ignorance.

Whatever cvnt , I've seen enough of you around here to know a dry hole when I'm talking into one. I'm really not trying to write off Richt or his system, just stating a simple preference for the way things had always been done around here. The way you lose your mind at the suggestion and teabag yourself for richt and his genius 5 last games after our season was effectively over tells me somewhere in the back of your childlike mind a seed of doubt may have been planted, but that's pretty barren landscape in there so nothing may grow from it. Anyway, nice conversing with you *******.

You're doubling down on being dumbfūck of the month. I'm not defending Rick in the slightest and have stated my opinion of his limitations last year as a playcaller/offensive coordinator, so you're wrong there.

Where you're stupidity really shines through though, is when you talk about getting back to a "traditional Miami offense". There's no such thing, you drooling fūcktård. Educate yourself on the offenses run during the Schnellenberger, JJ, Erickson (considered wildly different at the time) up until this era. Some offenses have been similar, some very different.

You just outed yourself as an ignoramus with the "traditional Miami offense" comment. There is no such thing.

So how would you describe the major differences between Richt's ideal RPO and say for example the 2001 team?

Advertisement
Isn't the cowboys getting bounced in their first playoff game a good example of what we don't want?

Are you new to the game of football?

I'm not. So much so that watching the awkward, silly looking offense Miami trotted on the field last year has me wondering if Richt's vision for this program is something us longtime Cane fans won't recognize as Canes football. I guess as long as they win I won't care how they look doing it, but I'd certainly prefer a traditional Miami offense to go with this throwback Miami defense we've got.

p.s. *** you too

What's a traditional Miami offense to you? Miami made its bones being on the cutting edge offensively not by attempting to replicate the Wayne Boner Hayes 1970s offense that lots of guys on here want us to use.

Schnellenberger brought pro concepts here when much of college football was still in the wishbone and Wing T. Part of the reason that the pro concepts worked so well is because no one else was doing it. Erickson was a spread revolutionary. Miami didn't make its bones being a traditional power I team.

I'm not suggesting power I or traditional college football. When I think about "traditional" Miami offense I'm just thinking about a QB who can (doesn't always have to) take snaps from under center, throwing to beastly receivers who can separate, handing off to stud RBs, hitting our big fast tight ends between the hash marks, fvckn' A, Miami football.
I know Richt's not trying to turn us into Georgia Tech or Nebraska, and maybe kayaa just made his thing look particularly bad, so I'll try harder to keep an open mind.

I think the offense looked like crap for a large part of last season. I'm not sure how much of it was Kaaya, but we'll find out this year. If by "traditional" Miami offense you mean high-powered, then I'm with you. I'm all for getting back to that. Just score points, get first downs, chew up yards. I don't give a **** how he goes about doing it, but just make it happen.

Richt is a proven play caller, having won 2 National Championships and 2 SEC championships as a play caller. The only thing that Dorito proved was that he could be mediocre at Temple and horrible at Miami.

When people were saying that Dorito needed the right pieces in place for his system to be successful (I was NOT one of them, I knew he was horrible from the jump), it was when Dorito was still a bit of a "unknown." Now that you know how horrible he is/was and yet you still managed to formulate a thought to compare him to Richt, is dang near blasphemous.

BUMP

I saw this thought it was a new post.what I thought instantly was where has this op been all season long.I was gonna jump until I saw last year's date.laughing gas plus koolaid messing my mind up like it did those acid induced people back in the 60&70.

Advertisement
Back