I'm still not sold on CMR the play caller.....

Advertisement
LOL. Sweet ****ing ****.

I couldn't disagree more. It doesn't work when there is zero threat to the opposing DE that the QB might even remotely keep the ball.

Just stop. I have been disagreeing with every word you've typed on this site for quite some time.

You're talking about a read option.. RPO has to do with the LB covering the slot. The runner in the RPO Richt implemented was the RB and key is the LB. So the QB didn't need to be a threat and the DE wasn't key. You need to understand the call and offense before you criticize. I suggest you use the world wide web to educate yourself and have someone sit next to you to explain what's going on during the games before you log on and respond to people posting.

Screen-Shot-2016-05-28-at-9.35.47-AM.png

Tell us the truth...are you Don Bailey Jr? His understudy? Aspiring to be?

:q3XKXeX:

This isn't about me.. This is about you not knowing WTF you're talking about, at all. You can just down-vote if you don't like what I post because I don't care how you feel about me, but do us all a favor and learn the ******* game before you express outrage over it.

BTW, I just read the second part of your drivel about disagreeing with me.. Well, for whatever it's worth, you're probably just as clueless about the other stuff too! YOU should "just stop" posting for a while, or better yet change your screen name because a jedi master can't possibly be this ignorant.

It's not about you....it's about your type. The type that will point the finger anywhere but the coaching staff.

Like I said before...I haven't agreed with a single sentence you've posted on this board for a while now, so leave it at that. Let's all hope Richt either improves as an OC or comes to his senses and hires an OC.
Except he's right. You want to complain, go right ahead. But you've made it obvious you have no idea what the RPO actually is or what it's designed to do. He makes a valid point. Learn the game first so you can actually make decent arguments.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

all this RPO talk and for about half the season I think half the people on this board thought it meant the QB had to run the ball every other play or be an excellent runner to run that system. Granted, it would have helped some if brad had some wheels, but since he DIDN'T expecting him to pull the ball and go for 20 yards was not realistic.

Also, Mark Richt was calling plays like he had a couple hosses on the O line and adrian peterson back there. He was calling the run to open up the run , which worked great against FAMU FAU and App State.. not so great against teams with a pulse. Hopefully the run game improves a ton because if he's handing the Job to perry we're going to have to be prepared for teams to stuff the box and see if perry can get it done.. they'd do it against brad and richt would just call a run play anyway.

hmmmm when did Kaaya look great under the previous offensive system the last 2 years prior to this season? Ppl said he was a pure "pro style" qb, until they saw how mediocre he was under center. Then you all said he should be in shotgun 24/7 but he's just as inconsistent. The pistol he's not "comfortable" in it and now the RPO that's the new topic when it comes to making excuses for Brad Kaaya. lol I've seen Kaaya under every system and he wasn't impressive in either one.

The RPO has Kaaya from under center and it gives MR. WONDERLICK ONLY 1 decision to process before the snap and make a decision quickly after the snap whether to hand it off or throw but you 'have zero explanation" as to why Richt decided that was the best offense to go with?? Maybe he knew that Kaaya wasn't that good before he got here and knew what type of QB he wants going forward beyond just one year??? See there's a reason why your point of views on the subject aren't relevant beyond a messageboard.

Dude...you don't get it.

Keep your opinion. I disagree with every word of it....but you have the right to think whatever you want. I suggest re-reading all of my other posts in this thread, applying a little reading comprehension, a little extrapolation....and a little common sense.

But I honestly don't even know how to reply to this nonsense. This feels like the arguments I use to get into with all the idiots on this board that use to defend Golden and have since disappeared.

The offensive line was a big problem in terms of running the ball and staying on schedule down & distance-wise, not to mention we couldn't throw a ball down the field without 7,8 or even 9 guys staying in to block. If we had a more talented line then Richt looks like a genius.

And RPO wasn't the issue. It's a high% passing play that almost functions like a hand-off. We did it a ton because the line sucked. Other than getting baited by FSU it wasn't a bad play for us and blew a few games open.

LOL. Sweet ****ing ****.

I couldn't disagree more. It doesn't work when there is zero threat to the opposing DE that the QB might even remotely keep the ball.

Just stop. I have been disagreeing with every word you've typed on this site for quite some time.

You're talking about a read option.. RPO has to do with the LB covering the slot. The runner in the RPO Richt implemented was the RB and key is the LB. So the QB didn't need to be a threat and the DE wasn't key. You need to understand the call and offense before you criticize. I suggest you use the world wide web to educate yourself and have someone sit next to you to explain what's going on during the games before you log on and respond to people posting.

Screen-Shot-2016-05-28-at-9.35.47-AM.png

What does the QB do in this play if it is zone coverage with the safeties giving room on the back end? In other words, the defensive guys stay in the same position except the safeties take a few steps back after the ball is snapped.

How many recycled threads like this will we be subjected to before the season starts? Yea, Richt struggled during the losing streak, but it seems that most of you forgot that we won our next 5 games and a large part of that was due to adjustments Richt made but please continue the negativity. Our program is in the best place it's been in years and you all are dwelling on a 4 game stretch in the middle of the season. If those 4 games were the last 4 games it would make more sense, but fans are always wringing their hands in fear, sack up.

Advertisement
All this time and people still don't know the difference between the "Run/Pass Option" and the zone read.

Richt deserves criticism for his vanilla play calling during the losing streak. Too much trying to force the run game when they just aren't equipped on the offensive line to do that sort of thing.

He also deserves credit for altering the offense (albeit too late to win the Coastal) to better fit the talent on hand. The second half of the Nore Dame game, the light seemed to come on. More passing on first down. More spread sets with Kaaya in the gun. Less I formation power sets that didn't work.

I'm trying to keep the positive mindset that a coach who's willing to adapt will be more successful than a coach who keeps banging his head against the wall, trying to force his system to work.

How many recycled threads like this will we be subjected to before the season starts? Yea, Richt struggled during the losing streak, but it seems that most of you forgot that we won our next 5 games and a large part of that was due to adjustments Richt made but please continue the negativity. Our program is in the best place it's been in years and you all are dwelling on a 4 game stretch in the middle of the season. If those 4 games were the last 4 games it would make more sense, but fans are always wringing their hands in fear, sack up.

It shouldn't take five games to recognize the problems and make adjustments.

Adjustments should be made - certainly by halftime.

Trueism #1 - Establishing the run will open up the passing game.

Trueism #2 - Establishing the passing game will open up the running game.

Rick forgot #2 until we lost four games sticking with Trueism #1 .

all this RPO talk and for about half the season I think half the people on this board thought it meant the QB had to run the ball every other play or be an excellent runner to run that system. Granted, it would have helped some if brad had some wheels, but since he DIDN'T expecting him to pull the ball and go for 20 yards was not realistic.

Also, Mark Richt was calling plays like he had a couple hosses on the O line and adrian peterson back there. He was calling the run to open up the run , which worked great against FAMU FAU and App State.. not so great against teams with a pulse. Hopefully the run game improves a ton because if he's handing the Job to perry we're going to have to be prepared for teams to stuff the box and see if perry can get it done.. they'd do it against brad and richt would just call a run play anyway.

I think what confuses people as far as RPO and the QB running is this......

If after the first 2 options on the ROP are taken away (or perhaps missed by the qb) it usually results in a HUGE lane for the QB to run through because all the defenders have committed elsewhere.

The Bard kaayak was unable to navigate that.

All this time and people still don't know the difference between the "Run/Pass Option" and the zone read.

Richt deserves criticism for his vanilla play calling during the losing streak. Too much trying to force the run game when they just aren't equipped on the offensive line to do that sort of thing.

He also deserves credit for altering the offense (albeit too late to win the Coastal) to better fit the talent on hand. The second half of the Nore Dame game, the light seemed to come on. More passing on first down. More spread sets with Kaaya in the gun. Less I formation power sets that didn't work.

I'm trying to keep the positive mindset that a coach who's willing to adapt will be more successful than a coach who keeps banging his head against the wall, trying to force his system to work.

My concern is a lot of the improvement we saw could also just be attributed to having Gall and Gauthier come in and fix what was wrong with the interior of the offensive line. How much credit do we give Richt for that? If Linder doesn't get injured does this "light" ever come on?

Advertisement

My concern is a lot of the improvement we saw could also just be attributed to having Gall and Gauthier come in and fix what was wrong with the interior of the offensive line. How much credit do we give Richt for that? If Linder doesn't get injured does this "light" ever come on?

Your concern makes zero sense

I think shuffling the offensive line definitely made the offense better but the play calling and formation use was a lot different the second half of the season. They pretty much scrapped the under center/two back portion of the playbook and started using the pass to set up the run more.

What concerns me about the line situation is: How did the coaches not see Linder was an obvious weak link on the line? I can't imagine he fared well against Norton and Mcintosh in practice while he was getting abused by mediocre DTs on game day.

Advertisement
If you think the improvement we saw from the 4 game losing streak to the 5 win end of year streak was based only on the OL improvement, you're way oversimplifying what happened. There were several changes that benefitted the offense, the playcalling, and how Kaaya was used that directly impacted offensive output.

The 10,000 foot view was the most important change of all: Rick went from stubbornly trying to shoehorn a square peg in a round hole, to using his offense based on its and Kayak's strengths and limitations. Hopefully we continue to see less stubbornness and more adaptability in the future.

Kaya missed high, which is a sin of throwing over the middle, so maybe, just maybe, there was a reason he didn't throw over the middle? The other issue, and maybe Pete can find the interview and repost it, is Richt said that when transitioning from UGA, chapter 3 of his playbook (shallow cross, attacking middle of defense) got hacked and corrupted; he said he regretted not printing out a hard copy while in transit; all previous print outs at UGA, were the sole property of UGA, and he would not lay the $100,000 they wanted for a copy.

This I don't remember at all. That doesn't mean it's not true just escaping me. That being said, it was a mystery to me why the shallow cross was non-existent last year. I think Deejay Dallas could be lethal and the perfect player for the shallow cross in 2017. We shall see...

Go Canes!

I'm not a Kaaya basher at all. I was a fan, even with his flaws. However, the kid missed high all of the time. He had about 4 of them between Coley and Lewis against WVU in the bowl game alone.

Hard to be accurate when you can't step into your throws, Kaaya needed his pocket to operate effectively from!! That wasn't always the case for him.

Also...in his first season as coach, I don't think he fully knew what players were capable of making highlight reels.

Right asked two questions about our team, and nobody could answer him....1) where are all the fast guys at? And 2) where are all the big guys at? We had no answers for him. We got some guys with wheels,.. And we got some guys have grown just a bit in the last year.
Ill take another year or 2 before I jump on the "Right can't call plays" bandwagon!

Advertisement
If you think the improvement we saw from the 4 game losing streak to the 5 win end of year streak was based only on the OL improvement, you're way oversimplifying what happened. There were several changes that benefitted the offense, the playcalling, and how Kaaya was used that directly impacted offensive output.

The 10,000 foot view was the most important change of all: Rick went from stubbornly trying to shoehorn a square peg in a round hole, to using his offense based on its and Kayak's strengths and limitations. Hopefully we continue to see less stubbornness and more adaptability in the future.

I didn't say it was ONLY based on the oline improvement. I'm sure it was a lot of things. But the shuffling of the OL came out of injuries/necessities. Are you confident we see the same improvement if Richt isn't forced into shuffling the line?

Shuffling the OL, after Linder went out, helped too. I think the OL should be better. Now it's going to be how much of the offense, whoever wins the QB job, can absorb and process.

All forms of option offenses are for ****ty programs that can't recruit big time players to play big dik football. A real Miami QB under center can read the D pre-snap and audible to the run, identify blitzes and go hot, set receivers in motion, change protection, you know, play football. RPO is small time garbage.

You mean like the Dallas Cowboys, as just one NFL example? The team that sucked *** with alll the money and offensive geniuses money could buy, until they found a QB that could run the RPO.

Isn't the cowboys getting bounced in their first playoff game a good example of what we don't want?

Advertisement
Back