I'm still not sold on CMR the play caller.....

All forms of option offenses are for ****ty programs that can't recruit big time players to play big dik football. A real Miami QB under center can read the D pre-snap and audible to the run, identify blitzes and go hot, set receivers in motion, change protection, you know, play football. RPO is small time garbage.

You mean like the Dallas Cowboys, as just one NFL example? The team that sucked *** with alll the money and offensive geniuses money could buy, until they found a QB that could run the RPO.

Isn't the cowboys getting bounced in their first playoff game a good example of what we don't want?

Are you new to the game of football?

Advertisement
My concern is a lot of the improvement we saw could also just be attributed to having Gall and Gauthier come in and fix what was wrong with the interior of the offensive line.

Exactly.

No way in **** Gall wasn't better than Linder before Linder went down...I think Searles just went with the starting OL lineup He saw on the previous year's tape.

My concern is a lot of the improvement we saw could also just be attributed to having Gall and Gauthier come in and fix what was wrong with the interior of the offensive line.

Exactly.

No way in **** Gall wasn't better than Linder before Linder went down...I think Searles just went with the starting OL lineup He saw on the previous year's tape.

EXACTLY!! EUREKA!! CASE CLOSED!! YOU FIGURED IT OUT!! NO WAY IN ****.... GALL IS THE KEY!!!

Last edited:
Threads like this are just created by trolls mad that Butch Davis isnt here sticking the final nail in UM's coffin, or still believes that Brad Kaaya was a 1st round talent lol let it go, the amount of reaching going on in this thread is looking pathetic.

Advertisement
You're talking about a read option.. RPO has to do with the LB covering the slot. The runner in the RPO Richt implemented was the RB and key is the LB. So the QB didn't need to be a threat and the DE wasn't key. You need to understand the call and offense before you criticize. I suggest you use the world wide web to educate yourself and have someone sit next to you to explain what's going on during the games before you log on and respond to people posting.

Screen-Shot-2016-05-28-at-9.35.47-AM.png

Tell us the truth...are you Don Bailey Jr? His understudy? Aspiring to be?

:q3XKXeX:

This isn't about me.. This is about you not knowing WTF you're talking about, at all. You can just down-vote if you don't like what I post because I don't care how you feel about me, but do us all a favor and learn the ******* game before you express outrage over it.

BTW, I just read the second part of your drivel about disagreeing with me.. Well, for whatever it's worth, you're probably just as clueless about the other stuff too! YOU should "just stop" posting for a while, or better yet change your screen name because a jedi master can't possibly be this ignorant.

It's not about you....it's about your type. The type that will point the finger anywhere but the coaching staff.

Like I said before...I haven't agreed with a single sentence you've posted on this board for a while now, so leave it at that. Let's all hope Richt either improves as an OC or comes to his senses and hires an OC.
Except he's right. You want to complain, go right ahead. But you've made it obvious you have no idea what the RPO actually is or what it's designed to do. He makes a valid point. Learn the game first so you can actually make decent arguments.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

No, he's absolutely not right....but given the fact I've read several of his posts and seen his stance, I simply don't feel like having a back and forth about something that at this point is spilled milk.

LOL. Sweet ****ing ****.

I couldn't disagree more. It doesn't work when there is zero threat to the opposing DE that the QB might even remotely keep the ball.

Just stop. I have been disagreeing with every word you've typed on this site for quite some time.

You're talking about a read option.. RPO has to do with the LB covering the slot. The runner in the RPO Richt implemented was the RB and key is the LB. So the QB didn't need to be a threat and the DE wasn't key. You need to understand the call and offense before you criticize. I suggest you use the world wide web to educate yourself and have someone sit next to you to explain what's going on during the games before you log on and respond to people posting.

Tell us the truth...are you Don Bailey Jr? His understudy? Aspiring to be?

:q3XKXeX:

This isn't about me.. This is about you not knowing WTF you're talking about, at all. You can just down-vote if you don't like what I post because I don't care how you feel about me, but do us all a favor and learn the ******* game before you express outrage over it.

BTW, I just read the second part of your drivel about disagreeing with me.. Well, for whatever it's worth, you're probably just as clueless about the other stuff too! YOU should "just stop" posting for a while, or better yet change your screen name because a jedi master can't possibly be this ignorant.

It's not about you....it's about your type. The type that will point the finger anywhere but the coaching staff.

Like I said before...I haven't agreed with a single sentence you've posted on this board for a while now, so leave it at that. Let's all hope Richt either improves as an OC or comes to his senses and hires an OC.

nah.. You lack the capacity to agree or disagree here, because a perfunctory understanding of the subject matter is requisite to taking one position or another. Since you don't know WTF you're talking about, the nature of your disagreement with me is a non-starter. All you can be is confused and upset, which you obviously are based on your persistence.

You're equally unqualified to comment on the coaching staff because you also lack a basic understanding of the job they're doing. The crux of this is your ignorance, impulsivity, and the generally poor insight you display by continuing to mow ahead with some juvenile offense to facts, reason, and logic; you're in no position to tell anyone about where proper blame should be placed.

However, despite your rather poor form, you've passively gained knowledge throughout this exchange. You actually know a little more about RPO and maybe a little more about yourself. So you should feel good about that.

Stop posting for a while and just vote other posts up or down, because if there was a ban for stupidity you'd have one.

...and I was serious about changing your name.

Last edited:
Dude...you don't get it.

Keep your opinion. I disagree with every word of it....but you have the right to think whatever you want. I suggest re-reading all of my other posts in this thread, applying a little reading comprehension, a little extrapolation....and a little common sense.

But I honestly don't even know how to reply to this nonsense. This feels like the arguments I use to get into with all the idiots on this board that use to defend Golden and have since disappeared.

The offensive line was a big problem in terms of running the ball and staying on schedule down & distance-wise, not to mention we couldn't throw a ball down the field without 7,8 or even 9 guys staying in to block. If we had a more talented line then Richt looks like a genius.

And RPO wasn't the issue. It's a high% passing play that almost functions like a hand-off. We did it a ton because the line sucked. Other than getting baited by FSU it wasn't a bad play for us and blew a few games open.

LOL. Sweet ****ing ****.

I couldn't disagree more. It doesn't work when there is zero threat to the opposing DE that the QB might even remotely keep the ball.

Just stop. I have been disagreeing with every word you've typed on this site for quite some time.

What does the QB do in this play if it is zone coverage with the safeties giving room on the back end? In other words, the defensive guys stay in the same position except the safeties take a few steps back after the ball is snapped.

I'd say throw to the slot because with the S bailing and LB staying zone it opens up the area of the field between them. Neither will be in position to play the receiver or break on the ball. That said, I still think the LB has to commit and defense has to roll accordingly, because him standing still doesn't effectively play the run either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Also, on the play described above, the proper option is to hand the ball off. The RPO is based on the QB putting the ball in the RB's belly and reading the key. If the LB attacks the run, he pulls the ball out and throws to the slot. If the LB doesn't attack the run and drops into zone, the QB hands it to the back.

By far the biggest question mark in the future of the program imo.

People can blame Kaaya all they want but thereally are going to be years in the future were our QB play may not be as good as Kaaya.

Yes the offense improved in the 2nd half of the year but the quality of teams decreased as well.

All forms of option offenses are for ****ty programs that can't recruit big time players to play big dik football. A real Miami QB under center can read the D pre-snap and audible to the run, identify blitzes and go hot, set receivers in motion, change protection, you know, play football. RPO is small time garbage.

You mean like the Dallas Cowboys, as just one NFL example? The team that sucked *** with alll the money and offensive geniuses money could buy, until they found a QB that could run the RPO.

Isn't the cowboys getting bounced in their first playoff game a good example of what we don't want?

I'm not. So much so that watching the awkward, silly looking offense Miami trotted on the field last year has me wondering if Richt's vision for this program is something us longtime Cane fans won't recognize as Canes football. I guess as long as they win I won't care how they look doing it, but I'd certainly prefer a traditional Miami offense to go with this throwback Miami defense we've got.

p.s. *** you too

Also, on the play described above, the proper option is to hand the ball off. The RPO is based on the QB putting the ball in the RB's belly and reading the key. If the LB attacks the run, he pulls the ball out and throws to the slot. If the LB doesn't attack the run and drops into zone, the QB hands it to the back.

Pretty sure you just described the read option, not the RPO.

Advertisement

Pretty sure you just described the read option, not the RPO.

Nope. The read option key is the unblocked defensive end. If the end crashes, the QB keeps and runs outside the crashing end. If the end holds his position, the QB hands to the running back. It's an ancient football concept except it used to be called the veer.

I'm not. So much so that watching the awkward, silly looking offense Miami trotted on the field last year has me wondering if Richt's vision for this program is something us longtime Cane fans won't recognize as Canes football. I guess as long as they win I won't care how they look doing it, but I'd certainly prefer a traditional Miami offense to go with this throwback Miami defense we've got.

p.s. *** you too

You're dumb as ***. The problem isn't the RPO plays, which are commonly used in both college and the NFL. As a concept there's nothing wrong with it, it wasn't run as well as it could have last year, for reasons we've all discussed. Also, genius, check out Dallas' offensive output last year, including in their playoff game.

My problem with the offense last year was that Rick got away from playing to Kaaya's strength and around his limitations with the playcalling. He finally adapted in the last 5 games.

Don't be a clown and know what you're talking about before you show your ignorance.

p.s. *** you too

You're dumb as ***. The problem isn't the RPO plays, which are commonly used in both college and the NFL. As a concept there's nothing wrong with it, it wasn't run as well as it could have last year, for reasons we've all discussed. Also, genius, check out Dallas' offensive output last year, including in their playoff game.

My problem with the offense last year was that Rick got away from playing to Kaaya's strength and around his limitations with the playcalling. He finally adapted in the last 5 games.

Don't be a clown and know what you're talking about before you show your ignorance.

Whatever cvnt , I've seen enough of you around here to know a dry hole when I'm talking into one. I'm really not trying to write off Richt or his system, just stating a simple preference for the way things had always been done around here. The way you lose your mind at the suggestion and teabag yourself for richt and his genius 5 last games after our season was effectively over tells me somewhere in the back of your childlike mind a seed of doubt may have been planted, but that's pretty barren landscape in there so nothing may grow from it. Anyway, nice conversing with you *******.

Advertisement
It's 2017. The game of football has changed. Rule changes and innovative coaches have killed the "pro style" offense that Miami used to run. ****, nobody in the pros still runs a "pro style" offense anymore. When I see a team like Clemson light up Alabama's defense in consecutive seasons, I have got to believe they're doing something right. You just don't win games by lining up in the I formation and running it at the defense anymore. Besides, Miami's strength is their skill position weapons, not their lumbering linemen. Why try to run an offense that takes skill position players off the field and replaces them with slow blocking tight ends and/or fullbacks. You'll notice the offense improved significantly when Richt shifted away from the the old-school pro style stuff and went almost exclusively spread in the second half of the season.

p.s. *** you too

What's a traditional Miami offense to you? Miami made its bones being on the cutting edge offensively not by attempting to replicate the Wayne Boner Hayes 1970s offense that lots of guys on here want us to use.

Schnellenberger brought pro concepts here when much of college football was still in the wishbone and Wing T. Part of the reason that the pro concepts worked so well is because no one else was doing it. Erickson was a spread revolutionary. Miami didn't make its bones being a traditional power I team.

p.s. *** you too

Whatever cvnt , I've seen enough of you around here to know a dry hole when I'm talking into one. I'm really not trying to write off Richt or his system, just stating a simple preference for the way things had always been done around here. The way you lose your mind at the suggestion and teabag yourself for richt and his genius 5 last games after our season was effectively over tells me somewhere in the back of your childlike mind a seed of doubt may have been planted, but that's pretty barren landscape in there so nothing may grow from it. Anyway, nice conversing with you *******.

You're doubling down on being dumbfūck of the month. I'm not defending Rick in the slightest and have stated my opinion of his limitations last year as a playcaller/offensive coordinator, so you're wrong there.

Where you're stupidity really shines through though, is when you talk about getting back to a "traditional Miami offense". There's no such thing, you drooling fūcktård. Educate yourself on the offenses run during the Schnellenberger, JJ, Erickson (considered wildly different at the time) up until this era. Some offenses have been similar, some very different.

You just outed yourself as an ignoramus with the "traditional Miami offense" comment. There is no such thing.

p.s. *** you too

What's a traditional Miami offense to you? Miami made its bones being on the cutting edge offensively not by attempting to replicate the Wayne Boner Hayes 1970s offense that lots of guys on here want us to use.

Schnellenberger brought pro concepts here when much of college football was still in the wishbone and Wing T. Part of the reason that the pro concepts worked so well is because no one else was doing it. Erickson was a spread revolutionary. Miami didn't make its bones being a traditional power I team.

I'm not suggesting power I or traditional college football. When I think about "traditional" Miami offense I'm just thinking about a QB who can (doesn't always have to) take snaps from under center, throwing to beastly receivers who can separate, handing off to stud RBs, hitting our big fast tight ends between the hash marks, fvckn' A, Miami football.
I know Richt's not trying to turn us into Georgia Tech or Nebraska, and maybe kayaa just made his thing look particularly bad, so I'll try harder to keep an open mind.

Advertisement
Back