I'm still not sold on CMR the play caller.....

Advertisement
I'm not sold on mikemike the poster. Please make more threads so we can have a larger sample size.

Personnel, personnel, personnel! I also remember a time when people were saying that Diaz was a horrible DC. Until Richt has the right pieces (his players) in place, any judgement regarding his play calling is a bit premature, if not unwarranted.

Yes, and I remember people saying we just need a monster DT for Doritos system too.

I do believe Richt needs more time for proper evaluation, but don't give me that he didn't have the right players bulls-hit. A good coach/manager/CEO doesn't force pegs into holes that don't fit, he simply finds different holes. ( I do love holes BTW)

Stopped reading after you compared Richt to Dorito.

I wouldn't say I'm comparing Richts play calling to that of Dorito, but instead I'm comparing people giving a pass to both because of the lack of players to fit that system. Create a system for the players you have playing for you to maximize their potential.

Richt is a proven play caller, having won 2 National Championships and 2 SEC championships as a play caller. The only thing that Dorito proved was that he could be mediocre at Temple and horrible at Miami.

When people were saying that Dorito needed the right pieces in place for his system to be successful (I was NOT one of them, I knew he was horrible from the jump), it was when Dorito was still a bit of a "unknown." Now that you know how horrible he is/was and yet you still managed to formulate a thought to compare him to Richt, is dang near blasphemous.

Rick can call the plays I just wanted to see someone who could draw up an offensive gameplan.. Appears Thomas Brown is a very good recruiter and has a place on the staff just not as an OC. Sorry don't see it. Don't see Dugans as one either although he is an excellent WRs coach.

Rick came under fire for this at GA and he was forced to hire someone. Again don't want Rick as a CEO but just needs an experienced offensive mind to talk strategy. I don't think has that now in fact I know he doesn't.

It doesn't matter what we think he rolling with what he has. Let's hope it doesn't backfire.

Man do y'all just figure out new ways to or is it just me if the plays work then he's a genuis but because kayaa who I like was inaccurate and we had sorry offensive lineman getting whooped by undrafted lineman we now have concluded mark richt doesn't know how to call plays tell me what you would've done differently in your first year back calling plays and losing those games by a combined 32 points

Advertisement
Kaya missed high, which is a sin of throwing over the middle, so maybe, just maybe, there was a reason he didn't throw over the middle? The other issue, and maybe Pete can find the interview and repost it, is Richt said that when transitioning from UGA, chapter 3 of his playbook (shallow cross, attacking middle of defense) got hacked and corrupted; he said he regretted not printing out a hard copy while in transit; all previous print outs at UGA, were the sole property of UGA, and he would not lay the $100,000 they wanted for a copy.

This I don't remember at all. That doesn't mean it's not true just escaping me. That being said, it was a mystery to me why the shallow cross was non-existent last year. I think Deejay Dallas could be lethal and the perfect player for the shallow cross in 2017. We shall see...

Go Canes!

Sure Richt was horrible at times, however Kaaya did not help by being a statue at QB with no leadership skills. They were both equally to blame in my opinion. Lets do a hard refresh and evaluate him with a QB with balls that could run his offense better.

Kaya missed high, which is a sin of throwing over the middle, so maybe, just maybe, there was a reason he didn't throw over the middle? The other issue, and maybe Pete can find the interview and repost it, is Richt said that when transitioning from UGA, chapter 3 of his playbook (shallow cross, attacking middle of defense) got hacked and corrupted; he said he regretted not printing out a hard copy while in transit; all previous print outs at UGA, were the sole property of UGA, and he would not lay the $100,000 they wanted for a copy.

This I don't remember at all. That doesn't mean it's not true just escaping me. That being said, it was a mystery to me why the shallow cross was non-existent last year. I think Deejay Dallas could be lethal and the perfect player for the shallow cross in 2017. We shall see...

Go Canes!

I'm not a Kaaya basher at all. I was a fan, even with his flaws. However, the kid missed high all of the time. He had about 4 of them between Coley and Lewis against WVU in the bowl game alone.

Some of y'all mfs are just stupid..... now this was a valid concern during our 4 game losing streak.... but for this to come after the 5 wins to end the season? Come tf on....

Dude...you just continue being dense. First the Golden love and now you make a stupid comment like this. Do you get paid for coming on this board and defending the coaching staff regardless of who is on it?

That 4 game stretch happened to be 4 of the most important games against 4 of the tougher opponents. The offense continued to struggle in various stretches even after those 4 games but the level opponent combined with how well our defense played disguised the continued lack of aggressiveness in the offensive scheme. Losing those 4 games, which cost us the coastal, ruins a solid win late in the season against WV and continues the trend from the last decade of losing games against teams we SHOULD win.

Richt is a great recruiter, a great face of the program, and a good head coach.....he's simply not a good play caller. It's ok to be good at 3 out of the 4, likewise it's also ok to criticize Richt the CEO for not going out and hiring a dedicated OC.

The play calling last year was absolutely horrible. It was like watching a Dave Wannstadt coached team. Factor in how easy the schedule was and how well our defense played and last year represents a huge wasted opportunity.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Man do y'all just figure out new ways to or is it just me if the plays work then he's a genuis but because kayaa who I like was inaccurate and we had sorry offensive lineman getting whooped by undrafted lineman we now have concluded mark richt doesn't know how to call plays tell me what you would've done differently in your first year back calling plays and losing those games by a combined 32 points ������

I wouldn't jump to this conclusion in 1 season if Rick didn't have a history of this elsewhere. True we are not Georgia and I am not even saying he shouldn't be calling the plays.

I think many of us would just be happy with another experienced play caller who has been there. Being a HC is a lot of responsibility and you can get bogged down quickly.

We will see.

Personnel, personnel, personnel! I also remember a time when people were saying that Diaz was a horrible DC. Until Richt has the right pieces (his players) in place, any judgement regarding his play calling is a bit premature, if not unwarranted.

To be fair, many of the early Golden defensive moves were based around personnel. ("Golden runs a 3-4 wait until he gets his players").

When the play calling is that bland and predictable it's usually an indictment on the coaching more than players. I think many coaches would have put together a more efficient offense with our chips than what we saw.

A lot of times fans dissatisfaction during games wears off during the offseason and they forget they negatives that surfaces consistently throughout the season. Richt's play calling should be under just as big a telescope as the QB position this season

Bingo. It should be noted that this season's schedule is even ****tier than last season's ****** schedule....if he wets the bed again and we don't at the very minimum win the Coastal he needs to come under major fire to hire a dedicated OC. The schedule could not be any easier this year for a power 5 team. It doesn't matter if we have Mickey Mouse at quarterback, there is zero excuse for not winning the Coastal this year and I think it's safe to say that if we don't win the Coastal it won't be because of the defense. The offense just needs to be decent, it's not like we're asking for the greatest show on turf.

Man do y'all just figure out new ways to or is it just me if the plays work then he's a genuis but because kayaa who I like was inaccurate and we had sorry offensive lineman getting whooped by undrafted lineman we now have concluded mark richt doesn't know how to call plays tell me what you would've done differently in your first year back calling plays and losing those games by a combined 32 points ������

I wouldn't jump to this conclusion in 1 season if Rick didn't have a history of this elsewhere. True we are not Georgia and I am not even saying he shouldn't be calling the plays.

I think many of us would just be happy with another experienced play caller who has been there. Being a HC is a lot of responsibility and you can get bogged down quickly.

We will see.

Best post in this thread and it's the concept that many of the morons who have been flooding this board lately blindly defending Richt's play calling don't comprehend. Hiring a dedicated OC would help make Richt a better coach by freeing him up from the minutia of play calling and allow him to manage the team on a macro level and overlook all facets of the game on a particular gameday.

Sorry to interrupt the Don Bailey Jr tryouts that were going on in this thread.

Advertisement

That's a joke, right? You're not really saying that Kaaya didn't throw to the middle of the field because Richt's dog ate that chapter of the playbook are you?

One thing we have to understand about Richt's play calling is that he relies a lot on the Oline (run game), we all know that our Oline sucked last year, could never run the ball with any type of consistency. So most of the time we were one dimensional, not making any excuses because you have to adjust to your weakness, but we can not just abandon the run game and Richt is oldschool so he will run the ball. Remember Butch Davis wasn't the best play caller either. I think our offense will have more spark this season with influx of talent at WR, I remember Richt saying he wanted more speed at the WR position. Just my 2 cents.

Everybody knew that.

The smart DC's loaded the box - and we had more three and outs than the law allows.

A smart OC would have adjusted - quick throws to loosen the defense up. You call plays based on what you have and what they're doing. After four losses - he DID THAT, and it worked. Same offensive line. So I don't want to hear about the Oline.

Advertisement
Not totally sold on Richt as the play caller either.

But keep in mind that Richt was calling plays last year for the first time since about 2005 or 2006. I think Richt was a bit stale. Now that he has a year of play calling experience under his belt he should be better this year.

Go Canes!

I'm not a Kaaya basher at all. I was a fan, even with his flaws. However, the kid missed high all of the time. He had about 4 of them between Coley and Lewis against WVU in the bowl game alone.

I agree with Kaaya missing high and remember that clear as day. It's the hacking of Richt's playbook I don't recall. I like to think Richt resembles the 1998-99 play caller at FSU than the timid one we saw last year. I can't wait for September. Only problem with summer is no football.

Go Canes!

Someone brought up Butch Davis the God already in this thread and it wasn't me.

well played

Yes, and I remember people saying we just need a monster DT for Doritos system too.

I do believe Richt needs more time for proper evaluation, but don't give me that he didn't have the right players bulls-hit. A good coach/manager/CEO doesn't force pegs into holes that don't fit, he simply finds different holes. ( I do love holes BTW)

Stopped reading after you compared Richt to Dorito.

I wouldn't say I'm comparing Richts play calling to that of Dorito, but instead I'm comparing people giving a pass to both because of the lack of players to fit that system. Create a system for the players you have playing for you to maximize their potential.

Richt is a proven play caller, having won 2 National Championships and 2 SEC championships as a play caller. The only thing that Dorito proved was that he could be mediocre at Temple and horrible at Miami.

When people were saying that Dorito needed the right pieces in place for his system to be successful (I was NOT one of them, I knew he was horrible from the jump), it was when Dorito was still a bit of a "unknown." Now that you know how horrible he is/was and yet you still managed to formulate a thought to compare him to Richt, is dang near blasphemous.

0efe972df9aa1ed9a8bd4e44074596ff.jpg

Advertisement
Back