I'm sick and tired of SEC threats...

Bama will have the toughest OOC in a few years. They scheduled 2 quality opponents per year to avoid this very situation. Not sure how many of those Saban will be alive for but they put their money where their mouth is.
Who was the second quality opponent ? I missed that , I know you aren’t saying Sourh Florida?

Advertisement
If they leave you know who out is no reason playing the games.

Just put 3 sec teams in so these guys could feel good about themselves.

Every thing is catered to this conference as the superior conference. They put 20 of them ranked pre szn to boost strength of schedule, uga is in the sec east which sucks yearly..argue with your mammy about that but its barely eveb " mid" teams in the east..when its just uga and uf u know that side sucks.

Who was the second quality opponent ? I missed that , I know you aren’t saying Sourh Florida?
I think you misread my post. I said future. They scheduled 2 power 5 per year starting 2025. FSU, Wisconsin, ND, OSU, Ockie st, VT, BC, AZ, Minn, WVU. It's not always the best P5 but at least it's multiple per year. The only reason I know about it is because Saban talked about beefing up the schedule for the committee.

Advertisement
I think you misread my post. I said future. They scheduled 2 power 5 per year starting 2025. FSU, Wisconsin, ND, OSU, Ockie st, VT, BC, AZ, Minn, WVU. It's not always the best P5 but at least it's multiple per year. The only reason I know about it is because Saban talked about beefing up the schedule for the committee.
I did misread it . It’s still early

What are Finebaum, Sankey, and the rest of the SEC gang going to do? Withdraw from playing in future NCAA college football playoffs? They can ***** and moan all they want, but ****'em.

What will happen and what should happen are two different things.

If this was next year and we had a larger playbook than no of you all would bet that UGA and Bama are not final four teams. If you like at Washington schedules you will see they resemble TCU from last year. Florida State just isn't top 4 without Jordan Travis and with him they are not beating UGA or Bama.

The fact is the SEC is the tier one conference. Three of the top 4 teams in the country this year will play in the SEC next season. Florida State would have lost 4 games in the SEC.

Advertisement
First, we have Paul Finebum threatening us with "over my dead body" if the SEC gets shut out of the Final Four (and I would be perfectly happy for Finebum to die)...

Then Greg Sankey tries to gaslight us by telling us that this isn't the "real world", and lecturing us with Sesame Street metaphors...

And now the Alabama AD is threatening us with "worse OOC scheduling" in the future, even though the SEC will play more conference games and fewer OOC games. Not to mention that TEXAS actually benefitted from winning a tough OOC game.

**** THE SEC.

They won't do it, but
Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU
Alabama
Georgia
Ohio State

How can you put Alabama ahead of Texas when Texas won head to head? How can you put a one loss conference champ ahead of 3 no loss conference champs?
They'll do it because of all those pundits that cry SEC and because they can. That is the bias in this sport, parity doesn't make as much money and the NCAA just wants dollars.

I would be great if we joined the SEC one day. This board would turn a 180 on their opinion.

What it should be:
1. Washington
2. Michigan
3. Texas
4. Georgia

What it will be:
1. Washington
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Alabama

If Miami were in FSU shoes, I guarantee they would leave Miami out!
Just look at ALL the no calls we got: 2 safties etc…
So be careful what you wish for…. We are no one‘s cup of tea….
Just remember the year 2000, when computers left us out, humans will do it much faster!

Advertisement
I would be great if we joined the SEC one day. This board would turn a 180 on their opinion.

My opinion would not change "because it's the SEC".

My opinion MIGHT change because more and more of the good teams are in the SEC and fewer and fewer teams that can make a valid argument are outside of the SEC.

If you simply put Miami into the SEC in place of, say, Florida, my opinion would not change.

Bro they can't do that. I hate to say this. FSU is n and Bama is out. U simply can't discount the season
I thought the propose of the committee was to put the best 4 teams. FSU will get trashed just like tcu did last year. It really defeats the purpose I'm no sec fan

Would actually love to see other ACC call out this stuff - including Cristobal..

Hit it hard - "We can't let this process being controlled by threats of violence. This is a true test of both courage and fairness", etc etc

(Now, if FSU gets left out, I will also laugh very loudly)

The way I see it going is FSU gets in….but

If the SEC strong arming continues to work, BAMA will get a spot. If BAMA gets a spot, you HAVE to give Texas a spot because of head to head. FSU is odd man out. Today really comes down to whether the committee continues fellating the SEC or not. If there’s any year to leave out an undefeated, it’s this year. They could completely justify their decision to leave a struggling FSU out in favor of the SEC champ.

Advertisement
I thought the propose of the committee was to put the best 4 teams. FSU will get trashed just like tcu did last year. It really defeats the purpose I'm no sec fan
If you leave an undefeated power five team out you just said on field means nothing anymore. Bama and FSU are both power five teams. My question to you is what if Bama had two losses and won the Sec do they get in over FSU? I mean thats not hard to imagine because minus a coaching blunder they lose last week. I still think they’re better than FSU with two loses but they have two loses. Now just take a loss away. Once you start doing the eyeball test you’ve taken on field performances and games out of the debate. The eyeball test said Oregon was going to house Washington. It said Uab would get wiped out by Tulane and Bama by UGA.

All the eyeball test is who would be favored by Vegas/. Nothing more. I still think UGA is the best team in the country but they lost by three yesterday , should they get in?

If you don’t want to get left out DONT GET BULLIED AT HOME BY TEXAS. Cry me a river.

If they leave you know who out is no reason playing the games.

Just put 3 sec teams in so these guys could feel good about themselves.

Every thing is catered to this conference as the superior conference. They put 20 of them ranked pre szn to boost strength of schedule, uga is in the sec east which sucks yearly..argue with your mammy about that but its barely eveb " mid" teams in the east..when its just uga and uf u know that side sucks.
I mean they dominated CFB for quite a while. I don't get all the hate. Maybe jealousy if we were in the same position as bama I'm sure this thread would be different. When you complain about someone else's success it seems childish. I'm sorry but when I watch bama I find myself saying "that's what I want my canes to look like"

What will happen and what should happen are two different things.

If this was next year and we had a larger playbook than no of you all would bet that UGA and Bama are not final four teams. If you like at Washington schedules you will see they resemble TCU from last year. Florida State just isn't top 4 without Jordan Travis and with him they are not beating UGA or Bama.

The fact is the SEC is the tier one conference. Three of the top 4 teams in the country this year will play in the SEC next season. Florida State would have lost 4 games in the SEC.
What does Jordan Travis not playing have to do with anything?.

Andrew dont get in a tizzy your dawgs choked so maybe for sec ..bama shoukd be in the dawgs watch the gane since its desperation for two of them to be in every year with their propoganda media at espn lol.

Its crazy that the fox guys like colin cowherd called this out maybe 3 weeks ago..literally called out disneh about it and said what he believes they would do we About to see today.

Advertisement
Back