I'm sick and tired of SEC threats...

TheOriginalCane

So say good night to the bad guy!
Premium
First, we have Paul Finebum threatening us with "over my dead body" if the SEC gets shut out of the Final Four (and I would be perfectly happy for Finebum to die)...

Then Greg Sankey tries to gaslight us by telling us that this isn't the "real world", and lecturing us with Sesame Street metaphors...

And now the Alabama AD is threatening us with "worse OOC scheduling" in the future, even though the SEC will play more conference games and fewer OOC games. Not to mention that TEXAS actually benefitted from winning a tough OOC game.

**** THE SEC.

Advertisement
maybe they can add a new Apple Bowl to hold thier tears
Fast And Furious Middle Finger GIF by The Fast Saga

matt damon apples GIF

First, we have Paul Finebum threatening us with "over my dead body" if the SEC gets shut out of the Final Four (and I would be perfectly happy for Finebum to die)...

Then Greg Sankey tries to gaslight us by telling us that this isn't the "real world", and lecturing us with Sesame Street metaphors...

And now the Alabama AD is threatening us with "worse OOC scheduling" in the future, even though the SEC will play more conference games and fewer OOC games. Not to mention that TEXAS actually benefitted from winning a tough OOC game.

**** THE SEC.

Question Want Me To Kill Them GIF

Thank you. If you want to put Bama in, do it because they beat 2-time champ Georgia and snapped their win streak and FSU is down to their 3rd stringer. But do not try to feed me any "MuH BeCUz Its tHe sEc" crap. People that don't even support teams in the SEC are just blindly assuming Bama should be in because of the SEC. Yes, the SEC has far and away been the juggernaut over the past couple decades, but not so much this year. NIL is happening and its already bringing more parody to the sport in its short time existing. Go look at the stats. The SEC is very top heavy this year and as a conference did not perform well against the other P5's. I can give you the Bama win yesterday over #1 for an SEC title, and I can reason with the FSU not having a QB (although on paper it should still be them), but don't try to sell me on that conference strength bull****.

"ya but but the 4 best teams!!!"

Well who the **** says who the four best teams are and how do you decide that? what metric is that? Because my whole life it's been your record. You are what your record says you are. But now when it comes to SEC teams, it all the sudden doesn't matter? People all over the internet are like "well we know Georgia is a top team I mean just look at them" and it's like ... do we? Georgia's biggest game until yesterday was Missouri and they didn't play anybody out of conference. I understand that they are on a legendary run and have mad respect for what Kirby has done, but this year it may not be the case. They lost the game they needed and I don't think should even be in this playoff conversation now. Win and you're in... like Washington did... and Michigan did... and FSU did. Sorry it is what it is.

I don't really care if its FSU or Bama, but just please save me the SEC elitist BS. Someone brought up an interesting point too. Say you put Bama in. Game is a month out. What happens if (god forbid) Milroe gets hurt or something and can't play? Then what do you do? Well now it reaaalllly looks like FSU/ACC got screwed over. The SEC's greatest attribute is its advertising and marketing lol. Got the whole sport in a vice. These people are blind cultists.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Remember the "We Back!" posts when being hated was offered as a sign of that? Well, love them or hate them, frick them or otherwise, given their pedigree (see the graphic that Bama has beaten the last four #1-ranked teams they've faced?), it's hard to argue objectively that those two teams aren't among the Top 4 in college football (TCU Horned Frogs will be on the Committee's mind). So until this program changes the trajectory us Cane fans are getting further and further away from what a championship worthy program is, and how they justify their claims after what we've grown accustomed to watching for 20 years. Hate ain't changing anything.

Dumb logic because the exact opposite could be true if they were fighting for a spot against a team with a similar schedule/resume but the other team had a good non -conf win and you did not.

Can't predict the future. This year the non-conf game hurt them.

Next year it could help them.

Advertisement
Everyone SEC related is spoiled. People here in GA saying no way Texas gets in or no way you shut the SEC out. As if they don’t remember Texas beat yall champion by 10 on the road. There are 3 other Power 5 undefeated champions. Georgia lost at the wrong time, and Bama lost to the wrong team. That’s why there going to 8. Better luck next year.

That’s what happens when the president of the NCAA constantly caters to a select group of teams for over a decade. They’re used to getting and doing whatever they want. Another thing that’s bs, the SEC schedules are padded like a ************. When you start each season with 10 teams ranked (knowing maybe 3 should be ranked) then your SOS looks way better. Neither Bama or UGA were the team they usually are this season. They don’t deserve an automatic bid into the playoff.

Advertisement
Michigan and Washington are in because they're undefeated and won major conferences. FSU, as much as I hate to say it, did the same. They checked the boxes that usually punch the ticket to the playoffs. Texas won their conference, and they beat Alabama head to head. The only real question is does FSU get pushed out because of the QB situation. Technically, they shouldn't be able to do it. I guarantee that if Alabama or Georgia were in FSU's position, they'd use the same argument. It doesn't matter how they got there, they're undefeated and won their conference.

Advertisement
What's with SEC schools threatening and/or actually running away from competition in order to get what they want? And it somehow works

Sounds like some Gator *****-assery from their AD

BeSt CoNfErEnCe EvArRrRr BrO!!

Champions shouldn't condone cowardice of any nature.

Advertisement
Back