I'm sick and tired of SEC threats...

Advertisement
Georgia has no chance. They’re done.
Never underestimate the SEC bias. You can’t necessarily rely on logical presumptions.

1701622975848.gif

Every team in the top 10 would thrash FSU. Exactly why they don't belong. If Travis was still healthy it would be different
Oh I know this' but u just can't pass their sorry @ss's up. Like they didn't go undefeated. Tx jumped them to #3 n the AP already n they felt to #4 Bama @5. So they got it right by the AP. It will be the same order by the committee tonight. Bama left out

Advertisement
I have no issue if a P5 undefeated winner is left out

Its not an apples to apples comparison between Conferences especially when one Conference (SEC) is just better than the other Conferneces

Its still a subjective argument for the committee not based on balanced factors

Not all records are equal

SEC isn't "just better" than the other Power 5 conferences this year. SEC was 7-9 against other Power 5 conferences in 2023.

If you leave an undefeated power five team out you just said on field means nothing anymore. Bama and FSU are both power five teams. My question to you is what if Bama had two losses and won the Sec do they get in over FSU? I mean thats not hard to imagine because minus a coaching blunder they lose last week. I still think they’re better than FSU with two loses but they have two loses. Now just take a loss away. Once you start doing the eyeball test you’ve taken on field performances and games out of the debate. The eyeball test said Oregon was going to house Washington. It said Uab would get wiped out by Tulane and Bama by UGA.

All the eyeball test is who would be favored by Vegas/. Nothing more. I still think UGA is the best team in the country but they lost by three yesterday , should they get in?

If you don’t want to get left out DONT GET BULLIED AT HOME BY TEXAS. Cry me a river.

Yeah.

Essentially, no matter what, this boils down to one of two "approaches" or "arguments".

One would say - which teams are the best RIGHT NOW?

The other would say - which teams are the best THIS SEASON?

We know Michigan/Washington are in the Final Four. Which means that the ONLY plausible teams for the remaining two spots are F$U, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio Taint.

The interesting points to argue pro/con for each:

1. Taint never seems to get included, but only lost by 6 to the #1 team. While I hate Taint, it would logically seem like they COULD make an argument, but for perception. Arguably, Taint got screwed by the Big 10 divisions, in that they could not get a rematch against Michigan. But Taint beat Ped State and Notre Dame, while only losing to #1, although the recency of the Michigan loss hurts their argument. So under the "RIGHT NOW" approach, Taint takes the biggest hit, while the "THIS SEASON" approach would suggest that they have as good an argument as anyone, perhaps better.

2. Georgia has the strongest "THIS SEASON" argument and a not-terrible "RIGHT NOW" argument. Georgia won 29 straight before dropping a 3-point game to a good Alabama team. But they are the team that lost in the last 24 hours, and that may well be their undoing, as the only issue, since Georgia's one loss is to the "second best" team available (the UGa 3-point loss to Alabama is second to Taint's 6-point loss to Michigan, as a "quality loss").

3. Alabama probably has the the strongest "RIGHT NOW" argument and possibly the weakest "THIS SEASON" argument, which is the reverse of UGa. Obviously, Alabama just knocked off a team with a 29-game winning streak, albeit by only 3 points. But as for THIS SEASON, Alabama lost by 10 to Texas (the second-worst loss in this bunch) and SHOULD HAVE lost to unranked Auburn, but for an incredibly unlikely hail mary. "But they won the SEC". Yeah, if that is the MOST COMPELLING argument as to why Alabama should be in the Final Four, then it is the epitome of "SEC-SEC-SEC".

4. Texas also has a strong "RIGHT NOW" argument and a weaker "THIS SEASON" argument. Texas won its conference championship in convincing fashion, but was robbed of the chance to avenge the worst loss of this bunch, the 6-point loss to Oklahoma, because Oklahoma lost the Big 12 conference championship tiebreaker by virtue of losing to Oklahoma State.

5. FSU has the strongest "THIS SEASON" argument by being undefeated (though weakest SOS), and only lose out on the "RIGHT NOW" argument due to injuries. And even on the QB argument, they WILL have Rodemaker back for the playoffs, though not so much for Travis. Having said that, their argument is that they just beat a Top 15 team with their third string QB (while Texas "only" beat a Top 20 team with their first string QB).

Look, I hate ALL of these five teams, they are each outstanding in their own horrible ways (thank you, Greg Marmalard), but it seems to me that we should either go BCS retro (with just a single game between Michigan and Washington) or else go round-and-round-and-round arguing everyone's personal biases on the five other teams to fill two slots.

And while we can argue the "RIGHT NOW" factors until we are blue in the face, because of the long-term implications and "stain" on the sport. To argue that an undefeated Power Five conference champ should NOT be in the Top 4 (when there are only 3 undefeated schools) is going to permanently say that the SEC/Big 10 are just "better" than the ACC/Big 12, and that there is no way to overcome that by simply beating everyone on your schedule. These schedules are set years in advance. There is nothing you can do, not even by going undefeated", to overcome your "lesser conference" or injuries. And I'm not sure that's what the committee will ultimately do.

Make no mistake, in my Hierarchy of Hate, F$U is at the top. And there could be advantages to an F$U passover, such as a greater awareness that the ACC is dead-conference-walking. What good is the ACC to anyone if it can't even get its undefeated champion into the Top 4, and is beaten out by AT LEAST two teams with 1 loss apiece?

I think that the committee might (subconsciously) think that it is easier to snub the mighty SEC-SEC-SEC for a year than it is to say that an undefeated (non-SEC) conference champ is worse than at least two 1-loss teams.

We shall see.

Personally, I'm in favor of just playing one old-style BCS game. Michigan-Washington for the title.

Everything else is just worthless bowl games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was pulling for Louisville, if they won, I would say Bama deserved it.

Might as well just recruit a top ten class, schedule one game, win it, don’t schedule any more and then you can’t be penalized as an entire team who played an entire slate of games for one kid getting hurt.

Advertisement
I think to discredit what the sec has done on the field in the last 15+ years only makes people look even disconnected. Like is is stupid to want to win more NCs and conference chips bc we been reeling those in lately. Lmmfao. People need to wake the **** up and recognize we are heading in the right direction but I'm not going to use ******* sorry *** mike norvell and flop st as the measuring stick. Lmmfao
In the same amount of time the acc has championships from 2 teams as well.

The sec or bama and uga because tgey are a 2 team conference like every other power 5 but espn has told u it just means more. Lol

Had vama lost last week beat uga this week, jordan travis not hurt.. they still would get in cause ... sec , sec sec

So Bama wouldn't be 4 if they don't complete a hail Mary prayer the week before even if they beat uga.... I just wish these talking heads would be consistent with their arguments. And Joey Galloway is a clown

Yes, a team that got lucky on ONE PLAY should get in over a team that OVERCAME two games playing its #2 and #3 quarterbacks.

I hate F$U, but this is still a ridiculous misuse of logic.

And I'm glad that F$U got bypassed, in the big picture, because this will accelerate the demise of the ACC.

The Final four is two Big 10 teams (soon) against two SEC teams (soon).

We just have to be honest about that.

Advertisement
Back