I'm just glad the mopes ...

Advertisement
You should repost that, let’s have that porster run through the ***** gauntlet.
I'm not basing this on anything other than the optics....
Both Sanders & Van Dyke:
Brand new offenses and coordinators
1st game of the 2023
Both Juniors
Both experienced and were starters before

Knowing that....who looked better not who is.....then factor in that Van Dyke was at home with seemingly better talented players, at least on paper against a team in a inferior conference....
this guy?

The mopes in my opinion are about 8 dudes and there are about 8 slurpers. The difference is that the mopes are proactive in their negativity and the slurpers are reactionary in their blanket optimism.

Most of the mopes talking points are legitimate criticisms and necessary to point out. The issue is that these realistic gripes (which most all agree with) become “negativity” when they are repeated over and over again approximately 10 times a day by each mope. They literally find (not purposely, it’s part of their compulsive nature) 10 ways to say the same legit concerns about our team every single day. This redundancy and lack of self-awareness leads to the label of “mope”.

Both sides are manic and compulsive in their response to the complacent and unsuccessful football program we’ve been witnessing for almost 20 seasons. When we win, both sides cope much better. The benefit of both, especially the mopes is that they keep the conversation going each day and keep the post numbers up by restating our most legitimate gripes every single day. This can be very frustrating for someone who more healthily copes with bad times/results, or the other extreme, someone who copes with bad times/results by ignoring them or their causes altogether.

Redundancy is the main issue and similarity constituting what a Slurper or Mope is. During the off-season especially, (where new results cannot be made) re-stating the obvious issues or constantly ignoring them in a myriad of different ways can be nauseating, leading to the creation of these labels.

Winning heals all of this, and both sides are on board with that.

Redundancy, but I would also add timing is critical. Just like fair criticism and truth is no defense to being annoyingly redundant, it also is no defense to being an *******.

When we miss on a critical target, I don't want to immediately hear about "all of our remaining targets" and "massive flip potential" or "it's only [insert month], wake me up in December".
When we land a recruit, I don't want to immediately hear about "all the whales" we've missed this cycle or how difficult it will be to "hold onto him until ESD".
When we lose a game and look horrible, I don't want to immediately hear the excuses.
When we perform on the field and dominate our opponent, I don't want to immediately hear about our past failures or uncertain future.

Fair, true, honest... it doesn't matter. The timing of the message sucks. And a porster's inability to recognize the poor timing and hit "post" anyway makes him/her an *******. Regardless of whether they identify as slurper or mope.

The mopes in my opinion are about 8 dudes and there are about 8 slurpers. The difference is that the mopes are proactive in their negativity and the slurpers are reactionary in their blanket optimism.

Most of the mopes talking points are legitimate criticisms and necessary to point out. The issue is that these realistic gripes (which most all agree with) become “negativity” when they are repeated over and over again approximately 10 times a day by each mope. They literally find (not purposely, it’s part of their compulsive nature) 10 ways to say the same legit concerns about our team every single day. This redundancy and lack of self-awareness leads to the label of “mope”.

Both sides are manic and compulsive in their response to the complacent and unsuccessful football program we’ve been witnessing for almost 20 seasons. When we win, both sides cope much better. The benefit of both, especially the mopes is that they keep the conversation going each day and keep the post numbers up by restating our most legitimate gripes every single day. This can be very frustrating for someone who more healthily copes with bad times/results, or the other extreme, someone who copes with bad times/results by ignoring them or their causes altogether.

Redundancy is the main issue and similarity constituting what a Slurper or Mope is. During the off-season especially, (where new results cannot be made) re-stating the obvious issues or constantly ignoring them in a myriad of different ways can be nauseating, leading to the creation of these labels.

Winning heals all of this, and both sides are on board with that.
Slurpers have better *** lives and live longer. Its science.

Advertisement
Redundancy, but I would also add timing is critical. Just like fair criticism and truth is no defense to being annoyingly redundant, it also is no defense to being an *******.

When we miss on a critical target, I don't want to immediately hear about "all of our remaining targets" and "massive flip potential" or "it's only [insert month], wake me up in December".
When we land a recruit, I don't want to immediately hear about "all the whales" we've missed this cycle or how difficult it will be to "hold onto him until ESD".
When we lose a game and look horrible, I don't want to immediately hear the excuses.
When we perform on the field and dominate our opponent, I don't want to immediately hear about our past failures or uncertain future.

Fair, true, honest... it doesn't matter. The timing of the message sucks. And a porster's inability to recognize the poor timing and hit "post" anyway makes him/her an *******. Regardless of whether they identify as slurper or mope.
Very good point! 🎯

Maybe you sunshine pumpers don’t understand that the team gets sheit when they play like sheit, as opposed to pretending like something else happened. Nothing more, nothing less. They played well yesterday. Mopes don’t have to lie about performance. They tell the truth, as much as you may hate that.
Oh my, you sound terribly offended. Are you ****ed there is nothing to "mope" about? Ok, I'll give you this: FSU is the real deal holyfield.

Advertisement
can't talk that shiggitty. We got everything we expected:
1. A nice decisive win
2. A Defense that was "flying" around
3. Something was held back
4. Actual coaching - did you notice Pancake &
McCoy at the TE spots?
5. Emory Williams getting quality game reps.
6. Defensive pressure coming from everywhere.
7. Kicking game looking solid.

Give them a minute as it's about to be two months of those cucks whining about how fantastic Florida State looks and how Miami is going to get drilled 45-3 up in Trailerhasse this year.

They'll shift that "Miami sucks" energy to overexcitement about how good rivals supposedly look. Bank on it.

It's just sad the best term that has caught on is "mopes." This is the Internet for christs sake

Advertisement
Mope checkin in.
I am stfu rn. Ty.
Will circle back next week.
Thought was gonna see so. Mizz, UAB, CMU type opener.
Pleased to be so wrong.
Still think ATM will put up 24-31
Can we keep balanced and punch back?
Like what my lyin eyes saw so far tho.
That last part I think we can all relate to. Stats and scores get skewed sometimes. We look at Southern Miss last year and on the box score it doesn’t actually look that bad

But we know what we saw

We saw Bethune actually moving the ball against us pretty easily at times etc

So there was a lot to be concerned about at this point last year

Not that everything is great but what I liked was how the D responded to any momentum Ohio was getting. The 3rd down play call and sack by Wes on short yardage after a turnover was something that was fun to see. We just slapped them around and didn’t make a ton of mental errors that were covered up by a lopsided final score (GT last year was another example if not for Kam)

Advertisement
Happy Good Morning GIF by Lovecraft Country

Advertisement
Back