I'm just glad the mopes ...

Advertisement
Dude can’t even enjoy a decisive Canes win…
Animated GIF

Good point for A&M true measuring stick game. I feel we didn’t open the playbook very much we went vanilla with MO game for sure.
3:30 this Saturday we throw everything at TAM including Restrepo flanker screen off TAM blitz .

TAM national TV home game I feel Mario has been building a team for, play action deep slant with OLINE wall established.

These type of games “ YOU LETEM HAVE IT “
ALL OF IT .

The stage is set for a BEAT DOWN we’ve all been waiting for for so impatiently for.

THIS WEEKEND IS IR TIME ALL IS IN PLACE.

FINISH IT AND SEND TAM HOME

GOCANES
Man…after reading this…
ef work…
I’m heading down to HRS right now.

Dude can’t even enjoy a decisive Canes win…

It’s odd. We went out and did almost exactly what we needed to do. A few questions here and there, mostly related to TVDs health and how Week 1 will translate to Week 2. I think most of us at the game had some fun, watched some ball yesterday and are geared up for a battle next week.

And people can’t enjoy it

Advertisement
It’s odd. We went out and did almost exactly what we needed to do. A few questions here and there, mostly related to TVDs health and how Week 1 will translate to Week 2. I think most of us at the game had some fun, watched some ball yesterday and are geared up for a battle next week.

And people can’t enjoy it

It’s so weird to me how much the “discussion” part of a discussion board seems to get to people.

I feel like Twitter might better serve some of you’ll. You can just tweet a cheer into existence and then not have anybody reply to it.

TVD missed a lot of throws.

The WORST offensive play a defense can give up is knowing you're running at them and they cannot do anything about it.

People may not like it but that is brutal. I believe we can do that. Our line moved A&M last year and it wasn't a good line. Next week I'm excited to see where we are in that regard.

Spread was -16. We won by 35. We also left points on the field from an execution standpoint. We had 490 yards of offense one time last year against UNC.
TVD missed five throws all night. He took what the defense gave him all night. He had one bad pass - the pick. When the defense is terrified of giving up the vertical routes and leave only 6 or 7 in the box, you run. And that’s exactly what we did.

I’m down with the rest of what you wrote, but the TVD comments are straight cap.

Mope has basically been equated to using any critical thinking on here. **** is absurd.

You slurper clowns are so incredibly sensitive you let the "mopes" live rent free in your heads. It's kind of funny to watch how unaware most of you are.
Jesus. Ya it takes critical thought to say the OC is this and that while posting 500 yards of offense.

Settle down Beavis.

Advertisement
I really wish we would have attempted a few more deep shots to work on our timing. We will have to connect on some deep balls to beat A&M.
They gave us the underneath all night. We put up 500 yards of offense and 38 points. I want to see Tyler Harrell leave a trail of fire and smoke on the field as he catches an 80 yard bomb as bad as anyone, but I’ll gladly take what we did Friday night anytime. Be patient. It’ll happen.

TVD missed five throws all night. He took what the defense gave him all night. He had one bad pass - the pick. When the defense is terrified of giving up the vertical routes and leave only 6 or 7 in the box, you run. And that’s exactly what we did.

I’m down with the rest of what you wrote, but the TVD comments are straight cap.
Im quickly realizing mope/slurp are juxtaposed to democrat and republican with how the reactions are.

TVD could have had more yards. That's all. He played a good game for game one.

Bowing out like the Japanese now lol.

Im quickly realizing mope/slurp are juxtaposed to democrat and republican with how the reactions are.

TVD could have had more yards. That's all. He played a good game for game one.

Bowing out like the Japanese now lol.
Because I pointed out that missing five passes all night is not actually an off night?

What I’m more amazed at with CIS is the number of “grown men” (presumably) who strut like peacocks (anonymously) as if there’s some sort of award for the sickest internet burn you can throw at a fellow Cane fan. I know it’s not a new concept. I’m just not really a fan of attacking my fellow fans.

Wax on. Wax off. Bowing to you now Sensei.

It’s so weird to me how much the “discussion” part of a discussion board seems to get to people.

I feel like Twitter might better serve some of you’ll. You can just tweet a cheer into existence and then not have anybody reply to it.

You may be on to something….

Get a free pair of Orange and Green goggles when you sign up for the CIS approved accounts: “Voice of the Hecht” and “Mario’s Mouthpiece”

Advertisement
Because I pointed out that missing five passes all night is not actually an off night?

What I’m more amazed at with CIS is the number of “grown men” (presumably) who strut like peacocks (anonymously) as if there’s some sort of award for the sickest internet burn you can throw at a fellow Cane fan. I know it’s not a new concept. I’m just not really a fan of attacking my fellow fans.

IMG_0687.gif

Ok

I stopped reading the Gameday thread when people were calling Mallory soft when he **** near broke his neck against A&M

It’s just not a place for normal people it doesn’t really count
+100000

It's like going to a super bowl party where you're with people, you know don't know jack **** about football, and they try to talk like they know football.

Advertisement
+100000

It's like going to a super bowl party where you're with people, you know don't know jack **** about football, and they try to talk like they know football.
It’s like a bizarre form of therapy where anonymous weirdos take out the frustrations of their lives on some young guys that don’t know who they are

I’m not really in to it

Who are these mopes yall keep referring too?

The majority of the board predicted us to win this game & have a 8-4/9-3 season overall.

If anyone who raises a legitimate question or gives a criticism a “Mope”, does that make the rest of you Slurpers?
It is a strange obsession. Rent free in their heads, a larger focus than football, a break from the boards is desperately needed when folks can’t do anything but talk about mopes. It is bizarre and is just going to provide ammo down the line.

The mopes in my opinion are about 8 dudes and there are about 8 slurpers. The difference is that the mopes are proactive in their negativity and the slurpers are reactionary in their blanket optimism.

Most of the mopes talking points are legitimate criticisms and necessary to point out. The issue is that these realistic gripes (which most all agree with) become “negativity” when they are repeated over and over again approximately 10 times a day by each mope. They literally find (not purposely, it’s part of their compulsive nature) 10 ways to say the same legit concerns about our team every single day. This redundancy and lack of self-awareness leads to the label of “mope”.

Both sides are manic and compulsive in their response to the complacent and unsuccessful football program we’ve been witnessing for almost 20 seasons. When we win, both sides cope much better. The benefit of both, especially the mopes is that they keep the conversation going each day and keep the post numbers up by restating our most legitimate gripes every single day. This can be very frustrating for someone who more healthily copes with bad times/results, or the other extreme, someone who copes with bad times/results by ignoring them or their causes altogether.

Redundancy is the main issue and similarity constituting what a Slurper or Mope is. During the off-season especially, (where new results cannot be made) re-stating the obvious issues or constantly ignoring them in a myriad of different ways can be nauseating, leading to the creation of these labels.

Winning heals all of this, and both sides are on board with that.
this whole thread is ironic as ****
go thru this thread and count the number of posts per poster and you have your 8 and 8 example.

Advertisement
Back