I'm just glad the mopes ...

Who are these mopes yall keep referring too?

The majority of the board predicted us to win this game & have a 8-4/9-3 season overall.

If anyone who raises a legitimate question or gives a criticism a “Mope”, does that make the rest of you Slurpers?
Was about to post basically the same thing. Who are these mopes anyway and why are they such a huge concern? We just had a great win where our Hurricanes looked night and day compared to last year. We witnessed the complete transformation of our OL from being the butt of jokes to being absolutely BADA$$. We just saw one of the best backfields in the nation rush for 250 yards at 6.9 ypc. We saw a real UM LB corps stuffing the run, running sideline to sideline, closing with speed, blitzing and sacking the QB instead of the Miaz unit that used to play like a dead corpse. We saw a DL play with discipline and fundamentals, set the edge, squeeze gaps and pressure/sack the QB. We saw a vastly improved WR unit led by a revitalized Colby Young, X man and Jacolby George. We saw TVD play a cool and efficient game despite having a bad hand and a backup true freshman QB Emory Williams look large and in charge. We saw a completely revamped secondary looking like they are on the same page unlike last year with some very intriguing depth at CB. We saw that we might have the best DC we have had in a long long time in Lance Guidry. We saw all these things and you guys are worried about "Mopes"?

Advertisement
I predicted us to go 9-3 this season.

The only ones triggered are people who are having imaginary stand-offs with Mopes that don’t actually exist.

I asked specifically who the Mopes were you all keep talking about because there really aren’t as many as yall claim is my point. I never said I didn’t like it, I never made a value judgment on it either way, I asked 2 questions neither of which were answered, which is fine because there clearly isn’t an answer, I just was wondering who exactly constitutes as a “Mope”.
Complaining about the OCs lack of creativity while he puts up 500 yards of offense and bad drives die due to penalties and beat the spread going away is moping.

Plenty of that going around. We had that amount of yardage one time last year.

Was about to post basically the same thing. Who are these mopes anyway and why are they such a huge concern? We just had a great win where our Hurricanes looked night and day compared to last year. We witnessed the complete transformation of our OL from being the butt of jokes to being absolutely BADA$$. We just saw one of the best backfields in the nation rush for 250 yards at 6.9 ypc. We saw a real UM LB corps stuffing the run, running sideline to sideline, closing with speed, blitzing and sacking the QB instead of the Miaz unit that used to play like a dead corpse. We saw a DL play with discipline and fundamentals, set the edge, squeeze gaps and pressure/sack the QB. We saw a vastly improved WR unit led by a revitalized Colby Young, X man and Jacolby George. We saw TVD play a cool and efficient game despite having a bad hand and a backup true freshman QB Emory Williams look large and in charge. We saw a completely revamped secondary looking like they are on the same page unlike last year with some very intriguing depth at CB. We saw that we might have the best DC we have had in a long long time in Lance Guidry. We saw all these things and you guys are worried about "Mopes"?
No ones "worried" about mopes. Calling out dumbass commentary is ok too.

Some “mopes” are needed imo, im all for balance lol we have super “slurpers” who see nothing wrong and bark at any level of criticism lol that to me is just as annoying.

Only level of moping I think should be unacceptable is if you’re actively rooting against your own team. I dont see alot of that, there might be alot of extreme critics but its not near the majority or enough of them to start a thread about it lol

Advertisement
I've point it out two posts above.

Great game the other night for home team. Some stuff to fix. A&M determines what type of year we have this coming weekend.
I see what you mean. I wouldn't have posted that and I get why we did what did on offense but at the same time I understand what that poster is worried about. It's understandable given Mario's track record with offensive coordinators and the last 20 years where this program willingly stayed in the dark ages of offensive football. I understand it but ultimately I think Mario is too intelligent and his passion to succeed too great for him to fall into that trap again.

The commentary you mentioned is basically scared that Mario will lose winnable games by being tentative and too conservative on offense and wasting TVDs talent. I used to have that worry but I now think that Mario will let Dawson run the offense as he sees fit. I think we will see us take advantage of having a TVD at QB. We are going to run the football as we should with the OL and RB we have. However I think Dawson will shrewdly integrate our rushing attack into an exciting passing game making our offense one of the best in the ACC.

I see what you mean. I wouldn't have posted that and I get why we did what did on offense but at the same time I understand what that poster is worried about. It's understandable given Mario's track record with offensive coordinators and the last 20 years where this program willingly stayed in the dark ages of offensive football. I understand it but ultimately I think Mario is too intelligent and his passion to succeed too great for him to fall into that trap again.

The commentary you mentioned is basically scared that Mario will lose winnable games by being tentative and too conservative on offense and wasting TVDs talent. I used to have that worry but I now think that Mario will let Dawson run the offense as he sees fit. I think we will see us take advantage of having a TVD at QB. We are going to run the football as we should with the OL and RB we have. However I think Dawson will shrewdly integrate our rushing attack into an exciting passing game making our offense one of the best in the ACC.
TVD missed a lot of throws.

The WORST offensive play a defense can give up is knowing you're running at them and they cannot do anything about it.

People may not like it but that is brutal. I believe we can do that. Our line moved A&M last year and it wasn't a good line. Next week I'm excited to see where we are in that regard.

Spread was -16. We won by 35. We also left points on the field from an execution standpoint. We had 490 yards of offense one time last year against UNC.

There are a handful of insufferable people here who find fault in everything but they are a tiny minority . Most of the “mopes” are people expressing legit concerns. It’s OK if a fan doesn’t think everything is perfect 100% of the time. Blind faith isn’t being a “good fan”. Weirdos get way too obsessed with a tiny handful of negative people.

Advertisement
TVD missed a lot of throws.

The WORST offensive play a defense can give up is knowing you're running at them and they cannot do anything about it.

People may not like it but that is brutal. I believe we can do that. Our line moved A&M last year and it wasn't a good line. Next week I'm excited to see where we are in that regard.

Spread was -16. We won by 35. We also left points on the field from an execution standpoint. We had 490 yards of offense one time last year against UNC.
He did miss some throws but I just chalked that up to his hand injury. I'm not worried about him going forward. I love a good rushing attack and you are right it is the most demoralizing thing for a defense to be run on. Our OL is going to be amazing but we are not going to be able to just line up and play phone booth football and expect to win 9-10 games. In order to maximize our offensive potential we need to play to TVDs strengths and utilize space and pace to our advantage. In today's college football you need to score points and score a lot of them. To do that we need to have a potent passing game in addition to a powerful rushing attack. They are not mutually exclusive. That's where I stand but I feel that we are mostly in agreement.

I've point it out two posts above.

Great game the other night for home team. Some stuff to fix. A&M determines what type of year we have this coming weekend.
Good point for A&M true measuring stick game. I feel we didn’t open the playbook very much we went vanilla with MO game for sure.
3:30 this Saturday we throw everything at TAM including Restrepo flanker screen off TAM blitz .

TAM national TV home game I feel Mario has been building a team for, play action deep slant with OLINE wall established.

These type of games “ YOU LETEM HAVE IT “
ALL OF IT .

The stage is set for a BEAT DOWN we’ve all been waiting for for so impatiently for.

THIS WEEKEND IS IR TIME ALL IS IN PLACE.

FINISH IT AND SEND TAM HOME

GOCANES

We must be able to play action, critical since we now can run .
Restrepo in my book is paramount in our game plan working LB constantly.
Keeping them questioning thinking this will be there down fall .

Like Colorado, TCU had nothing to game plan , new CU team top yo bottom . This was TCU downfall not knowing anything till it hit them in the face.

This exactly what we’re doing, show TAM nothing till it’s to late.

GOCANES

Advertisement
100% spot on.Mario’s second year rebuild looks to be on track. Cleaned house and tore down that bad culture. Then recruited his kids added quality portal guys and new staff. His setting the foundation. This season will solidify it, game by game, player by player. Future looks bright. Only Dimwits see it Dim. Go Canes, 🙌🏽#CANESNATIONLIFER

Advertisement
To be fair to both arguments here, there were a few posters on the game day thread that had nothing but negative things to say about Mario and the team. Maybe 2-3 posters. I don't know the exact count of members on CIS, but I'm sure it's well over 300+, so 2-3 negative members or mopes is a very small percentage of this board.

Majority of us were pleased with just about everything we saw from the game. IMO, this was the best season opener I can remember in a long time as far as just quality of play. Yes, I know Miami Ohio is not a very good team, but they aren't some FBS scrub not even worthy of playing (BC, Savananna ST, Gardner Webb, etc...). Miami Ohio is a mid-tier FCS school that can give any power 5 school problems if not prepared for them. I felt we dominated them for the most part.

I did make one gripe/complaint about the penalties. We had 8 for 60 yards and it is somewhat of a concern to me. Don't know if that makes me a mope or not.

can't talk that shiggitty. We got everything we expected:
1. A nice decisive win
2. A Defense that was "flying" around
3. Something was held back
4. Actual coaching - did you notice Pancake &
McCoy at the TE spots?
5. Emory Williams getting quality game reps.
6. Defensive pressure coming from everywhere.
7. Kicking game looking solid.
aren't you moping about how there are no mopes thus being the biggest mope of em all? A mopeold or mopestrosexual if you wiiill

Advertisement
Back