Status
Not open for further replies.
What needs to be said, we have a coach who has accomplished the following:

1. 16-16 in the ACC
2. 0-4 against FSU
3. 0 Bowl Wins
4. 0 ACCCG Appearances
5. 11 Losses in his last 19 Games
6. 28-22 Record Overall (with wins against the following Bethune Cookman x 2, Savannah State, FAMU, FAU and Arkansas State)
7. Losing Record in 2014 (4 years into his tenure)

He just needs one more year.
Dont give me the crap. I know what we have been through. But once again, what does that have to do with football fans wanting to talk football. So, because we have been down, we should just resort to crying all day every day?

I just did talk football. I just gave you his tenure at Miami. What more is there to talk about?

Do you want to talk about ice cream trucks? How about cheesecake pictures? How about having "fun"?

This is what you don't get for some reason. We're about to go into season #5 with Al as the HC, are you expecting anything different? What more is there to say?

Who is going to take Gus's carries? Does it matter?
Gtfo. You know what we mean by talk football. But then again, most ppl on here dont know x and o's. Just armchair quarterbacks that jump to conclusions without really knowing a dam thing.
What X's and O's do you want to talk about that hasn't been as equally talked about ad nauseum as everything else you are complaining about?

Come on man, I just want to talk about the x's and o's. Talk to me!

Advertisement
Who said anything about being happy? All a lot of us want to do is talk football without everything turning into a bitcfest

1. 16-16 in the ACC
2. 0-4 against FSU
3. 0 Bowl Wins
4. 0 ACCCG Appearances
6. 28-22 Record Overall (with wins against the following Bethune Cookman x 2, Savannah State, FAMU, FAU and Arkansas State)

Dont give me the crap. I know what we have been through. But once again, what does that have to do with football fans wanting to talk football. So, because we have been down, we should just resort to crying all day every day?

I just did talk football. I just gave you his tenure at Miami. What more is there to talk about?

Do you want to talk about ice cream trucks? How about cheesecake pictures? How about having "fun"?

This is what you don't get for some reason. We're about to go into season #5 with Al as the HC, are you expecting anything different? What more is there to say?

Gtfo. You know what we mean by talk football. But then again, most ppl on here dont know x and o's. Just armchair quarterbacks that jump to conclusions without really knowing a dam thing.

This thread is a perfect example of whats wrong with this site. A well respected poster says he is taking a hiatus and people still come in here to talk crap. Now if it was franchise or some other smuck who wines in every post, i guarantee you, you would have nothing to say
So talk football. We just had a thread not long ago about defensive alignments and it was pretty good. Or start a thread and call it the official football talk thread. Seems to mr you're *****ing just to *****. I will even start the thread for you

In what world are fans of a losing team positive. Go back to the 2013 threads when we were 7-0 you wouldn't have found a single negative thread. Win and this board would change simple as that

Here's a clue: Hurricane football fans are in misery. You won't be able to run and hide from that no matter where you go.

Go start a Canes board and see what happens. Call it Happy Cane Fan Land. Ban everyone who is sour about the state of the program. You'll have 3 potatoes left to be happy with.

Fans' moods are dictated by the state of the program. Fans want to be happy and upbeat, but if the program is in the toilet the fans will be miserable. Try burying your head in the sand. It works for ostriches.

This.

How can you have an honest discussion about the Canes without addressing the giant pillar in the room?

I gave Golden three years. He tried to leave to PSU and it backfired. His fourth season was horrible, and he's inexplicably gotten a FIFTH season. Sorry if I don't want to discuss the competition for the 3rd string ILB or talk about how all the players finally "bought in" (yet again). It's irrelevant until we get a real coach in here.
Exactly. These guys want to talk football like real hearty men. But they want to ignore the fat pink orange tie wearing elephant in the room like a bunch of little girls.
Low IQs, Chise. That's my only explanation.
If you pool the IQ of all the "ignore the noise" "let's talk X's and O's and not the state of the program because it makes me sad" guys on here you'd have one Low-Grade Imbecile.

I've never went more than a couple of days without checking out the site since I joined. Over the course of a year the site has been steadily getting worse. Opinions on how to make this program better is one thing but the rhetoric and bashing you have to endure on just about every post is another. I will not post here again unless there is a dramatic tone change on this FAN site. I know there are a number of fans on this site that feel the same way as I do... but its the few that makes the most noise and set the tone of the site. Pardon the drama of an announcement... but my purpose is to let those that share my same convictions, know that I will still check and respond to the direct messages.

I could not agree more OP. The rhetoric and bashing on this site is what makes it great. Our team is a joke and our entire coaching staff are f aggots of an astronomical level.

I'm just glad someone stepped up and finally said something.

Advertisement

1. 16-16 in the ACC
2. 0-4 against FSU
3. 0 Bowl Wins
4. 0 ACCCG Appearances

This thread is a perfect example of whats wrong with this site. A well respected poster says he is taking a hiatus and people still come in here to talk crap. Now if it was franchise or some other smuck who wines in every post, i guarantee you, you would have nothing to say
So talk football. We just had a thread not long ago about defensive alignments and it was pretty good. Or start a thread and call it the official football talk thread. Seems to mr you're *****ing just to *****. I will even start the thread for you
Im bitcing just to be bitcing? If it aint the pot calling the kettle black huh. Probably 99% of my posts are football related. Not just crying and rehashing the same crap over and over. Try again

1. 16-16 in the ACC
2. 0-4 against FSU
3. 0 Bowl Wins
4. 0 ACCCG Appearances

What X's and O's do you want to talk about that hasn't been as equally talked about ad nauseum as everything else you are complaining about?

Our defensive scheme that hasn't changed in 4 years? Our offense which sets a record for being the slowest offense since the 20's? 2 gapping vs. 1 gapping? Dropping our DL into zones?

well we could talk about the 2016 recruiting class and how it will be goldens first year (with his players and no sanctions) well kind of....but just go with it

or we could talk about any of goldens huge failures with stud linebackers.

I hope Shaq does come here.....and plays for a new coach. I would hate to see him as a nose tackle after gaining 60 pounds of bad weight

This was all prophesied when the BOT refused to do its job, at the end of last season: firing the CANCER.

That CANCER has continued to grow for the entire off-season. The entire program is now reaping the CANCER.

Cheer up. Firing Day is 90 away.

Who said anything about being happy? All a lot of us want to do is talk football without everything turning into a bitcfest. I dont get why thats a difficult concept.

Perhaps wait until the football season starts then. This is the same thing every single offseason.

Advertisement

1. 16-16 in the ACC
2. 0-4 against FSU
3. 0 Bowl Wins
4. 0 ACCCG Appearances

Our defensive scheme that hasn't changed in 4 years? Our offense which sets a record for being the slowest offense since the 20's? 2 gapping vs. 1 gapping? Dropping our DL into zones?

What fire golden/admin suck topic hasnt been discussed ad nauseum.

Clearly can't read.

Wouldn't it make sense to talk about the biggest issue with the program?

I agree with guys like PlantCity - we need more football talk on this board.

I'm just an uneducated mope who doesn't understand the game and complains simply for the sake of complaining.

Can someone who understands X's and O's explain to me what is happening here on 3rd and short?

BzJnwaKCMAEKH_g.jpg:medium

Remember guys, football talk only.

Advertisement

I understand that and thats fine and dandy. Nobody is say all is well. Nobody is saying we should be happy. Nobody is saying golden and the admin is exempt from our wrath. All uknowwhat and others are saying is 90% of the threads turn into golden sucks/fire golden.

Clearly can't read.

Guess not.

I agree with guys like PlantCity - we need more football talk on this board.

I'm just an uneducated mope who doesn't understand the game and complains simply for the sake of complaining.

Can someone who understands X's and O's explain to me what is happening here on 3rd and short?

BzJnwaKCMAEKH_g.jpg:medium

Remember guys, football talk only.
Somewhere, Butch is LHAO at that pic

Who said anything about being happy? All a lot of us want to do is talk football without everything turning into a bitcfest. I dont get why thats a difficult concept.

Perhaps wait until the football season starts then. This is the same thing every single offseason.
I see. You can tell the ones that feel guilty. They swarmed to this thread like they do every other thread. Once again if the shoe fits, wear it.

Advertisement
I've never went more than a couple of days without checking out the site since I joined. Over the course of a year the site has been steadily getting worse. Opinions on how to make this program better is one thing but the rhetoric and bashing you have to endure on just about every post is another. I will not post here again unless there is a dramatic tone change on this FAN site. I know there are a number of fans on this site that feel the same way as I do... but its the few that makes the most noise and set the tone of the site. Pardon the drama of an announcement... but my purpose is to let those that share my same convictions, know that I will still check and respond to the direct messages.

Pops if we START OUT 3-0 you'll see a big change...we were much more positive 2 -3 years ago...You should've seen this board when Golden was hired.Felt like we have been sprayed with the ghost buster slime how positive this board was.... Realize this is therapy for us... we love these canes but can only be positive for so long.....I understand your plight..but trust me youll be back after our first win....If we beat Nebraska oh boy...youll be back and it will be great here( for 1 week)... but until then do what you gotta do

Vern is right Pops. We are Canes. Brash, annoying, intimidating, and chest thumping Canes. We know no other way to be. When that is taken away from us and no sight of its return can be seen, we get nasty and mean. Two years ago at 7-0 going in to Tally, I was hunting noles to take money from and none would take the action-just like the old days. We just need to kick the crap out of a real team, like noles, and most will be in bliss -- unless some chump team then beat us.

Spot on sir.

I understand that and thats fine and dandy. Nobody is say all is well. Nobody is saying we should be happy. Nobody is saying golden and the admin is exempt from our wrath. All uknowwhat and others are saying is 90% of the threads turn into golden sucks/fire golden.

That is because he is the biggest issue with the program. Do you blame them for focusing on him?

With all due respect to the OP, sending your son to play for Al Golden is.... well, I wish you and him good luck. You are going to need it. Hope he gets better coaching and leadership after the inevitable happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back