I'm done

Advertisement
My question this week is what changes will be made to the units that got smashed by MTSU and what changes will be made to both the offensive and defensive game plans.

Chances are UNC is going to score and score a lot and from what I’ve seen there’s nothing the defense will be able to do about it but can they hold them to 30-35 points.
And on offense will the game plan be opened up from the 1940 version we’ve seen and be able to score 40+ if the defense can hold them to 35 cause taking 15-20 plays and 8 minutes on each drive won’t get them to 40 even if they score on every drive.

Things need to change in personnel and philosophy on both sides of the ball.Will be interesting to see if the changes are actually made..

My question this week is what changes will be made to the units that got smashed by MTSU and what changes will be made to both the offensive and defensive game plans.

Chances are UNC is going to score and score a lot and from what I’ve seen there’s nothing the defense will be able to do about it but can they hold them to 30-35 points.
And on offense will the game plan be opened up from the 1940 version we’ve seen and be able to score 40+ if the defense can hold them to 35 cause taking 15-20 plays and 8 minutes on each drive won’t get them to 40 even if they score on every drive.

Things need to change in personnel and philosophy on both sides of the ball.Will be interesting to see if the changes are actually made..
Badly need Zion to play in this game. We get back one of our best guys and relegate 70 to the bench. That's a two for one. Start Arroyo at TE and Ladson along with Key Smiff on the outside. On defense we aren't shutting down UNC. But to have a legit chance we gotta do two things: shut down their run game to make them 1 dimensional & contain Maye from scrambling to extend drives on 3rd downs. This is the game to minimize Flagg, Steed, and Keontras reps in favor of Johnson, Wesley, Chase, and Gilbert.

Badly need Zion to play in this game. We get back one of our best guys and relegate 70 to the bench. That's a two for one. Start Arroyo at TE and Ladson along with Key Smiff on the outside. On defense we aren't shutting down UNC. But to have a legit chance we gotta do two things: shut down their run game to make them 1 dimensional & contain Maye from scrambling to extend drives on 3rd downs. This is the game to minimize Flagg, Steed, and Keontras reps in favor of Johnson, Wesley, Chase, and Gilbert.

All sounds good.Let’s see how many of these moves are actually done…🤷‍♂️

All sounds good.Let’s see how many of these moves are actually done…🤷‍♂️
True. That's what I'd do. And oh yeah, get Skinner & even Brantley more involved in the pass game too. Hoping we somehow have Parrish & Knighton available to play.

Advertisement
True. That's what I'd do. And oh yeah, get Skinner & even Brantley more involved in the pass game too. Hoping we somehow have Parrish & Knighton available to play.

Maybe it’s just me but I feel a whooooole lot of stubbornness when it comes to Mario and Gattis and changing this offense.Hope I’m wrong.Not sure I am.

Maybe it’s just me but I feel a whooooole lot of stubbornness when it comes to Mario and Gattis and changing this offense.Hope I’m wrong.Not sure I am.
It's no doubt they have a scheme they badly want us to utilize. But losing to MTSU has the entire CFB world ****ting on them so if change is gonna happen now lends itself as the most likely time.

Advertisement

This.

Next week will tell me everything I need to know about this team and program as a whole. We need a serious talent infusion in certain areas, but we also need to play the right players.

If I see the TVD starting over Garcia, Mallory starting over Aroyo, Flagg starting over Bissainthe, Ivey starting over anybody, or Justice starting over any other OG then we know what we have.

And both Steele and Gattis need to make some serious adjustments.

I tried figuring who he was a few years ago but never did figure it out.Just that he played under Butch Davis in the mid-late 90's. Honestly, i always liked the mystery of not knowing who he is lol. Could be an NFL hall of famer or one that never played in the NFL.

I figured it out relatively recently.

Made me respect him even more.

Hopefully he returns when things settle down.

Advertisement
I've known Duane since his freshman yr at UM....and he knows me well. Brooklyndee is NOT Duane Starks....

I really don’t care to find out who Dee is. I’m sure I knew him back in the day. There are only so many NFL guys who played back then. What id love to know…of the 100ish kids that went through the program in the mid-90s…how many thought Clement was a better QB?

Y'all are some of the most arrogant, dillusional, fairweather fans ever and I'm tired of this regurgitated nonsense. Some of y'all just are so miserable in your day-to-day lives that you come on here and try to rile up the rest of the geniuses. If you're actually stupid enough to believe that **** near 20 years worth of built up fvck **** is gonna disappear with the flick of a switch that's on nothing but you. Whether u have issues with clock management,with scheme or anything else it's simply a piece of a far larger problem. All off season you were warned not to just believe what anyone tells you. That we gotta develop these players. EVERY ONE OF THEM. As many bad habits as we have it takes time to switch. All this dumb **** about how coached aren't doing their job is stupid. Me I can't deal with all this complaining so I'll just keep my distance. Hopefully y'all get to the point you realize that misery is just toxic. If not is what it is. Be ez boys
****, I hope you reconsider man.

I really don’t care to find out who Dee is. I’m sure I knew him back in the day. There are only so many NFL guys who played back then. What id love to know…of the 100ish kids that went through the program in the mid-90s…how many thought Clement was a better QB?
Better than who...Covington??...Clement had more moxy than any QB we have now...Took an absolute beating with a decimated OL (aside from KC Jones for 1yr) Thanks to Ericksons garbage *** recruiting with OLmen and QBs from 92-94. Clement had more toughness than anyone can imagine.

Advertisement
Covington was better than Clement. But in 96, Covington had a lung infection that caused his inability to play mid-season. That's why Clement kept playing with the separated left shoulder until Covington came in against VT and then started against BC.

I will always be a 90s Hurricanes fan. Loved the 1996 team because they just kept going no matter the adversity (the injuries were INSANE that year).

Covington was better than Clement. But in 96, Covington had a lung infection that caused his inability to play mid-season. That's why Clement kept playing with the separated left shoulder until Covington came in against VT and then started against BC.

I will always be a 90s Hurricanes fan. Loved the 1996 team because they just kept going no matter the adversity (the injuries were INSANE that year).
Thank you....Clement was one tough MFer....Lol at the OL and QB situation being Butch's fault. Go thank the Drunk for that recruiting debacle.

Advertisement
Back