I'll be that guy - Jobe and Sean Taylor

ghost2

Retired staff
Premium
So I've always been the kind of guy that scoffs and rolls my eyes whenever a comparison is made between a recruit and a Cane legend - especially Taylor. Sean Taylor was the single biggest athletic freak I've ever seen live or on video. That said, the one guy I've seen that even comes close to Taylor's tape is Josh Jobe. While Jobe doesn't have the sheer size and speed of Taylor, he's got that same "I'm just gonna casually blow by everybody" stride, the same ability to both high point a ball and also run straight through people, the same game-changing, put-me-anywhere-on-the-field kind of player that reminds me so much of Taylor. Check out both highlight videos:

Jobe -

[video]http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4024608/5721da930c5e681224b4dadb[/video]

ST -

[video=youtube;480upwOT8wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=480upwOT8wg[/video]

Advertisement
I love the comparison I really believe Jobe is gonna be a big time play maker for us. The Sean T comparison really isn't that extreme in my opinion Jobe has the potential to be that kind of impact safety espically in Diaz scheme

Size isn't there... didn't play both sides of the ball like Sean T. Jobe is a **** of an athlete but Sean Taylor is Sean Taylor.

Frame wise I would say Avantae Williams is more likely to have a build like Taylor in the future.

Jobe is elite but the Sean Taylor comparison isn't a good one. ST was just so **** imposing. Id say, Eric Berry would be a better comparison for Jobe. I think Jobe ends up a 5 star when it's all said and done.

Advertisement
Stopped reading at "doesn't have the same sheer size and speed"

You're better than this

Um.....no.

Tbh, I think Tyson Campbell looks like an even better safety prospect than Jobe. And Campbell isn't close to ST26.

Advertisement
You are just saying what we are ALL thinking:

Shawn Tayler is Josh Jobe's floor.

The Sean Taylor comparisons starting to become exactly like the Michael Jordan comparisons man

The Sean Taylor comparisons starting to become exactly like the Michael Jordan comparisons man

Sean was more like a Lebron in the sense that he was a freak athlete and size for that position. I can't think of another like him at Safety.

It's hard to say someone is Taylor without the stature, because the stature was so much of what made Taylor, Taylor

Advertisement
This entire thread is blasphemy

giphy.gif

Last edited:
If Sean Taylor was anybody's floor, I'd just hope that Miami was the school such a player would choose ... his ceiling would probably be? God? .... Jobe, Pope, Blades, and Lingard were my favorite recruits they just remind me of all-time cane greats but now that I'm actually typing it this class is just unbelievable

Sean was more like a Lebron in the sense that he was a freak athlete and size for that position. I can't think of another like him at Safety.
Right but that's not what I meant. wasn't talking about them as players I'm talking about people comparing every safety to him like people compare every basketball player to Jordan. Dont have to compare them because we won't see another Taylor Jordan or Bron.

Advertisement
Size isn't there... didn't play both sides of the ball like Sean T. Jobe is a **** of an athlete but Sean Taylor is Sean Taylor.

Frame wise I would say Avantae Williams is more likely to have a build like Taylor in the future.

Did you even watch Jobe's highlights?

Taylor was a star on both sides of the ball during that season, playing running back, defensive back and linebacker.[9] He rushed for 1,400 yards and a state-record 44 touchdowns and on two separate occasions, rushed for more than 200 yards during Gulliver’s state playoff run. He also compiled more than 100 tackles during the season and scored three touchdowns (two receiving, one rushing) in the state title game victory over Marianna High School. In track & field, Taylor won the state 2A 100-meter dash in 2000 and was also one of the state's top 400-meter dash sprinters.

Sean Taylor was breaking state records playing two ways.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back