If your son was an FBS level recruit

Advertisement
With all due respect 1-4 sounds ridiculously restrictive of what should be a fun process for kids also. Why the military mentality? Since when is changing your mind with more facts a bad thing. No NFL without a degreee? It takes a year to do your 4th year later. But if you are great postponing NFL a year is dumb.

Because maybe I want my son to take the process serious and not make it a joke.

Bags for sure will be accepted. Doesn't mean we sign there. Stressing the academics will be a must though. Someone is going to pay your way for a degree you try to take as big advantage of that as you can. If you're lucky enough to be in that small percentage that makes it to the NFL then that's a bonus. Football doesn't last forever so play the long game and maximize that degree.

Take all 5 visits. You’re never gonna get this chance again. If they offer u a bag, take it. But son..... on signing day, u got 3 schools to choose from. 1. University of Miami. 2. The U, or 3. The University of Miami, Fla.

Advertisement
What former player said in an interview there are choices that I will allow you to make in life, but the one choice you don't have is where you are going to college and that's Miami

Advertisement
What former player said in an interview there are choices that I will allow you to make in life, but the one choice you don't have is where you are going to college and that's Miami

Feel like Michael Irvin said something along those lines in an interview.

All jokes aside I would do this
1. Take as many visits possible then make a top 3 and visit those places as much as possible
2. Commit one time and one time only
3. Make sure alumni is involved from years back
4. Bags are not why you commit
5. Find a coaching staff that u respect not just like

Take 5 visits

Troll FSU

Troll UF

Troll OSU

Troll ND

Play the hat trick. Burn all hats then throw up the U on signing day
giphy.gif

Advertisement
My son going to Miami, that's it.

In the event Miami has an Al Folden type HC at the time when he's a 4-star player, then & only then would we consider another school.

1. Miami
2. Texas
3. Stanford
4. Arizona
5. Vanderbilt

My son going to Miami, that's it.

In the event Miami has an Al Folden type HC at the time when he's a 4-star player, then & only then would we consider another school.

1. Miami
2. Texas
3. Stanford
4. Arizona
5. Vanderbilt
Interesting top 5 LCE. Especially Texas @ #2 .

Advertisement
Those are basically some of the things I tell my girlfriends son. And to also make sure that degree is going to mean something. But he's a smart kid and his big thing is being able to finish his degree if he's lucky enough to go pro.

It’s my son’s decision and I’ll let him treat the process how he wants to treat it. I will give him all the guidance I can, but at the end of the day this is his life and future, not mine.

Advertisement
Back