If your son was an FBS level recruit

I would have my son sign to whatever school increases his chance the most to make it to the NFL. ALl things equal go to the school that drops the biggest bag.

Lol is saw the "no bags" part and was like
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Imagine this, your son is a star football recruit with offers all over the county. What is some advice or house rules would you give to him when picking a school. For me here is some of the rules I would lay down...
Which county? Probably limited choices
Well certainly not Hazzard County...

Last edited:
Depth at your position?
Will you ever truly see the field at said school?
Or will you stay on the bench?
Have a REAL conversation with your position coach and get the plan of action for seeing the field.
No plan of action, no real chance they see you being anything other than a solid back up if the starter goes down.
Also, UF and FSU are not an option. UCF is where 1st place losers go.

Advertisement
I would take all 5 OV's, look for a great education, a team that develops and puts talent in the NFL, and a program that competes for conference and national titles with a coach committed to the school for the long term. My 5 OV's would be the U, OSU, Clemson, Texas, and Baga. I would 100% see how big of a bag I could get from Baga and then have my son commit to the U before his senior season. This would allow him to be an ambassador.

Been there and just did it. All those things you mentioned. I know it might shouldn’t be about coaches because they come and go, but I don’t want my son with just anyone.
You want your kid to be his guy. When your kid succeeds the coach succeeds, and that coach will give him every opportunity to succeed, because he is his guy.

Imagine this, your son is a star football recruit with offers all over the county. What is some advice or house rules would you give to him when picking a school. For me here is some of the rules I would lay down

1. You commit, thats it. Make sure it is 100% the school you want to go to when you commit.
2. Keep it 100 with the coaches, if you are not interested let them know.
3. The Randy Moss rule, Only 3 OVs. No More
4. Make sure its a school that will give you a reputable degree. We arent doing 3 years and to the league with no degree in this house.
5. Know who is on the staff and their history of longevity. Dont commit to a coach who jumps from school to school.
6. If making it to the NFL is your goal, look at the school's and your coaches history of players who not only make the league but stay in the league.
7. Do you think you can be socially accepted in the Locker Room? If you cant see yourself getting along in that environment, dont go there.
8. Any schools offering the bag, drop their ***. Fast money is never good money.
9. Without football, could you live there? How is the career development locally? Will there be alot of opportunities for internships in the summer time.
10. Will the school allow you to major in what YOU want to major it.
Here's my Rules...."Your going to UM"

1. Blonde to Brunette ratio
2. Do they smoke brick weed or hydro?
3. All you can eat crag legs?
4. Which car dealership does the school send your mom too?
5. Can they pay us in cryptocurrency instead of cash?
6. How may times do i have to take the same pottery and wakanda studies classes?
7. Do they have a jersey i can stuff my fat muffin into for IG photo shoots?
Rotf....my girl wondering what site I'm on

Advertisement
Nicely done. I agree with everything except for 3, 5 and 8. I would let my son take OVs to as many schools as he wanted. Let him get wined and dined in the sorority houses but mostly go to create memories. With 5 he should commit to the school not coach
There is always a chance a coach can leave unless you're Saban or Dabo. 8, it sounds good to say "no bags" but let a bagman drop 100K in your lap and see if u turn it down.
If your smart you play the long game. 100k is short money. Your goal is nfl and pray for that second contract.
A lot of blue chip guys that were busts. I’m sure that bag money has been spent. If lottery winners go broke I’m sure that 100k is gone fast.

If your smart you play the long game. 100k is short money. Your goal is nfl and pray for that second contract.
A lot of blue chip guys that were busts. I’m sure that bag money has been spent. If lottery winners go broke I’m sure that 100k is gone fast.

The goal would be to play in the NFL but taking 100K on your way there isn't going to hurt anything.

Get your 5 visits over early, make your commitment early and stick to it. All in all, you are going to Miami no ifs ands or buts. And I get that cake in the hotel room upon arrival.

1. Choose the school that has the right major for you. Aquatic Engineer? Go to Miami. Goat herder? Go to Iowa. Botanical science? Colorado. You catch my drift.

2. If you get to the nfl, you're life span there could be no more than 5 Years if you're lucky. NFL factories mean nothing. You can get to the league from any school now a days. Choose one in which you really bond with your hc and position coordinator.

3. Pick an area with a low cost of living and high caliber of people. 4 years at least, make it enjoyable.

4. You will want to come home a few times in that 4 years, so don't go too **** far away and I don't wanna travel 1500k miles to watch you play live for your school.

5. Use all visits. Don't commit until NSD. No Twitter bs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Imagine this, your son is a star football recruit with offers all over the county. What is some advice or house rules would you give to him when picking a school. For me here is some of the rules I would lay down

1. You commit, thats it. Make sure it is 100% the school you want to go to when you commit.
2. Keep it 100 with the coaches, if you are not interested let them know.
3. The Randy Moss rule, Only 3 OVs. No More
4. Make sure its a school that will give you a reputable degree. We arent doing 3 years and to the league with no degree in this house.
5. Know who is on the staff and their history of longevity. Dont commit to a coach who jumps from school to school.
6. If making it to the NFL is your goal, look at the school's and your coaches history of players who not only make the league but stay in the league.
7. Do you think you can be socially accepted in the Locker Room? If you cant see yourself getting along in that environment, dont go there.
8. Any schools offering the bag, drop their ***. Fast money is never good money.
9. Without football, could you live there? How is the career development locally? Will there be alot of opportunities for internships in the summer time.
10. Will the school allow you to major in what YOU want to major it.

With all due respect 1-4 sounds ridiculously restrictive of what should be a fun process for kids also. Why the military mentality? Since when is changing your mind with more facts a bad thing. No NFL without a degreee? It takes a year to do your 4th year later. But if you are great postponing NFL a year is dumb.

Advertisement
Back