If your son was an FBS level recruit

Drewny1

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
Imagine this, your son is a star football recruit with offers all over the county. What is some advice or house rules would you give to him when picking a school. For me here is some of the rules I would lay down

1. You commit, thats it. Make sure it is 100% the school you want to go to when you commit.
2. Keep it 100 with the coaches, if you are not interested let them know.
3. The Randy Moss rule, Only 3 OVs. No More
4. Make sure its a school that will give you a reputable degree. We arent doing 3 years and to the league with no degree in this house.
5. Know who is on the staff and their history of longevity. Dont commit to a coach who jumps from school to school.
6. If making it to the NFL is your goal, look at the school's and your coaches history of players who not only make the league but stay in the league.
7. Do you think you can be socially accepted in the Locker Room? If you cant see yourself getting along in that environment, dont go there.
8. Any schools offering the bag, drop their ***. Fast money is never good money.
9. Without football, could you live there? How is the career development locally? Will there be alot of opportunities for internships in the summer time.
10. Will the school allow you to major in what YOU want to major it.

Advertisement
1. Blonde to Brunette ratio
2. Do they smoke brick weed or hydro?
3. All you can eat crag legs?
4. Which car dealership does the school send your mom too?
5. Can they pay us in cryptocurrency instead of cash?
6. How may times do i have to take the same pottery and wakanda studies classes?
7. Do they have a jersey i can stuff my fat muffin into for IG photo shoots?

Agree with all your points, except two.

1.) Take ALL 5 visits: you want to see a variety of schools and how they compare. Take advantage of this time as you won't get another chance to travel across the country for free. Only commit after all your visits are done.

2.) Don't necessarily drop any school offering bags, as 95% of the good schools will. But DON'T go to a school for the bags.

Advertisement
1. Blonde to Brunette ratio
2. Do they smoke brick weed or hydro?
3. All you can eat crag legs?
4. Which car dealership does the school send your mom too?
5. Can they pay us in cryptocurrency instead of cash?
6. How may times do i have to take the same pottery and wakanda studies classes?
7. Do they have a jersey i can stuff my fat muffin into for IG photo shoots?

Who the **** still smokes brick weed?

Agree with all your points, except two.

1.) Take ALL 5 visits: you want to see a variety of schools and how they compare. Take advantage of this time as you won't get another chance to travel across the country for free. Only commit after all your visits are done.

2.) Don't necessarily drop any school offering bags, as 95% of the good schools will. But DON'T go to a school for the bags.

My thing is this, with all of the unofficial visits, what more does it need to be seen. Narrow your schools down to 3 and focus on those three.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You have a lot of choices in this life, where you play is not going to be one of them.

Really though, I would strongly encourage they choose their school based on their degree choice. If you are NFL caliber you will get noticed at any school, set yourself up for age 30-65.

Advertisement
Imagine this, your son is a star football recruit with offers all over the county. What is some advice or house rules would you give to him when picking a school. For me here is some of the rules I would lay down

Which county? Probably limited choices

Nicely done. I agree with everything except for 3, 5 and 8. I would let my son take OVs to as many schools as he wanted. Let him get wined and dined in the sorority houses but mostly go to create memories. With 5 he should commit to the school not coach
There is always a chance a coach can leave unless you're Saban or Dabo. 8, it sounds good to say "no bags" but let a bagman drop 100K in your lap and see if u turn it down.

Advertisement
Back