If you want Butch, why wouldn't you want Larry Fedora?

Ibis Wingz

All-ACC
Larry Fedora is 9-1 and has his team ranked No. 12 in the nation. He is doing a much better job at UNC than Butch ever did. I would make a strong push to hire Larry Fedora away from UNC.

Advertisement
Besides this, although he is having a good season, he will have to spend at least a year getting the lay of the land, convincing everyone (including recruits) that he can get to the playoff. Butch comes in, day one, no one asks questions. He just gets to it. Everyone knows his agenda, what hes done and what he can do.

/threadx2

Are people really this stupid? Could it be that his 9-1 record is the product of an insanely easy schedule?

Yes, yes it is. The only teams they've beaten this season are Pitt, Duke and Miami. Not exactly much to talk about there. Lost to USCe, who has turned out to be terrible.

Pump your brakes.

Larry Fedora is 9-1 and has his team ranked No. 12 in the nation. He is doing a much better job at UNC than Butch ever did. I would make a strong push to hire Larry Fedora away from UNC.

Careful Ibis. There is no way someone from the Ron Zook coRching tree like Fedora is doing a better job than his royal highness Butch Davis.

Advertisement
Because this is not UNC. Larry is doing better than Butch did at UNC. I want Butch to coach THE U. That is where he is best. AT UNC all he cared about was beating us.

Why would he want to come here ? You people amaze me like this is the place every coach wants to be. Right now we are at the bottom of the barrel and Fedora has built NC into a very competitive and ranked team. I'm sure he's happy there, his contract prevents him, and he is proud of his accomplishment at UNC. Gee maybe Jimmy J wants to come back and coach again here too. Stop just throwing out names without any regard to the circumstances. I would take LARRY F in a heartbeat but would he take us?

Fedora has done a nice job but I have a hunch he's hit his ceiling this year. Let's see if they keep it even remotely close against Clemson.

Advertisement
Fedora won 12 games and a conference title at Southern Mess. Davis could never do that.

Look what happened to Southern Mess after he left. They had the biggest drop off from a win standpoint in the history of football.

#BTB

Fedora has done a nice job but I have a hunch he's hit his ceiling this year. Let's see if they keep it even remotely close against Clemson.
He's already got 9 wins with 4 games still to play and his team is playing its best ball right now. He will likely set the UNC record for wins in a season.

What was Butch's ceiling at UNC?

Advertisement

LOL....

Weakest power 5 conference division in america and your ready to compare him to Butch.

The idea is that Butch is able to kick start the machine in Miami. Which is what we need. I dont think Butch is the only guy who can do it but no one would give 2 chits about Fedora in Miami. It would be a PR nightmare and every former player and the local high school coach would all call foul. Not sure why you try and bend every single argument into this one dimensional calculation and then freak out when anyone brings up the obvious points that your flawed arguments consistently lack.

In 4 years at UNC, Fedora is 30-18, 19-11 ACC

Recruiting class rankings:

2012 43 Nat'l, 7 ACC

2013 28 Nat'l, 5 ACC

2014 25 Nat'l, 5 ACC

2015 28 nat'l, 4 ACC

Advertisement
Dont hire Butch. Fine. But people on here pretending like they would be ok with Fedora are lying to themselves. If UM hired Fedora for $4 mil, the banners would be flown before the ink was dry on the contract.

He's already got 9 wins with 4 games still to play and his team is playing its best ball right now. He will likely set the UNC record for wins in a season.

What was Butch's ceiling at UNC?

I mean they did get worked by a junk Rutgers team in their bowl game last year to finish with a losing record 3 yrs into Fedora's tenure. What was Butch's ceiling at UNC? I'd say double digit wins and decent bowl appearances. Fedora's is probably the same but I still want to withhold judgment until after the ACCCG. The Coastal being such trash could be providing some artificial inflation. That loss to a really bad South Carolina team is concerning.

It's funny that people ignore that it took four years for Fedora to get UNC playing this good and they complain about Butch's third season when he inherited a worse team. Butch's fourth year was taken from him.

It's funny that people ignore that it took four years for Fedora to get UNC playing this good and they complain about Butch's third season when he inherited a worse team. Butch's fourth year was taken from him.

Butch pulled better recruiting classes and went 15-17 in the ACC

Fedora pulled worse classes than Butch and is 19-11 in the ACC.

Hmmmmm.

Advertisement
Back