If you ever thought the hate wasn't real...

Luke Kuechly & Dan Morgan should both be in over Bosworth

Not having a single WR on this list is crazy, Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald & Trevor Insley all have an argument to be on.

Ron Dayne & LaDainian Tomlinson have really strong cases to be on as well.

Ed Reed & Devin Hester easily.

& Johnny Manziel is the most overrated QB in CFB history. Without Mike Evans & Kevin Sumlin he wouldn’t have been jacksh*t at TAMU. Case Keenum, Graham Harrell & Rakeem Cato were all better QB’s than him. He was nothing more than some privileged little sh*thead drug addict who got by off Daddy’s money. Completely despicable human being.
Don't hold back Dejaz...tell us how you really feel.

Let it out, you are safe here.

Advertisement
Any list of all-time greats that does include Ted Hendricks is no list at all. 327 tackles as a defensive end in 3 seasons. They did not officially keep sack stats but he sacked Spurrier 6 times in 1966. Spurrier got so frustrated he threw a football at his facemask to avoid yet another sack. He was so dominant teams ran away from him. 3-time All American. He was so good they named a college award after him.

1682427281848.png

Where's this guy?

He’s a privileged ****y kid who turned out to have a major substance abuse problem. Checks a lot of boxes of dislike plus the media, espn in particular slurped him obsessively so easy to turn on a guy like that.
The list isn't a ranking of character though. That's kind of what I meant.

We beat Bosworth in 85, 86 & 87(NC)....but he was an outstanding "College" LBer...
Bro, listen to me. I was 17 in 85. Those three games beating OU truly was the "birth of the U". OU lost three games in three years all to Miami. It was great because Bozworth was a great college LB. What don't you get about that? Is he top 20 of all time? Not so sure about that. I would have Ed Reed on this list somewhere.

Advertisement
Bro, listen to me. I was 17 in 85. Those three games beating OU truly was the "birth of the U". OU lost three games in three years all to Miami. It was great because Bozworth was a great college LB. What don't you get about that? Is he top 20 of all time? Not so sure about that. I would have Ed Reed on this list somewhere.
What don't I get??....Lol...about what??...The birth of the U, happened before those OU games. The birth of the U really actually started by beating #1 Penn St in 1981. I was at the 86 and 87(NC) OU games.

Morgan should be there minus the obvious boneheaded picks on the list. Lawrence Taylor was also a beast. Better than Boz.

Advertisement
I can't speak to all time, but in watching since the mid-90s, the top college guys I have seen with my own eyes are:
QB: Vince Young, Joe Burrow, Tim Tebow
RB: Adrian Peterson, Reggie Bush, Willis McGahee
WR: Randy Moss, Charles Rogers, Justin Blackmon
TE: Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow II
OT: Bryant McKinnie, Orlando Pace
OG: Quenton Nelson, Steve Hutchinson
OC: Greg Eslinger

Edge: Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs
DT: Warren Sapp, Ndamukong Suh
LB: Dan Morgan, Luke Kuechley, Von Miller
CB: Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey
S: Ed Reed, Sean Taylor

Morgan should be there minus the obvious boneheaded picks on the list. Lawrence Taylor was also a beast. Better than Boz.
LT wasn't better than Boz in "College"....we know it wasn't in the same Galaxy in the NFL...but Boz had Spectacular games vs UM...Boz was a consensus 2 time 1st team AA....LT was only a one time 1st team AA. Boz finished 4th in the Heisman, and Won The Butkus Award two straight yrs. He had 22 Tackles vs UM in 86...

Last edited:
What does that have to do with what he did on the field?

You have got to be ****ting me.

That is a list of the 20 best college football players OF ALL TIME.

Cam Newton had ONE GOOD YEAR. That's it. And while it was a fine year, I can name hundreds of college football players who had BETTER CAREERS. Seriously, here are his college stats:

1682431430808.png

ONE GOOD YEAR. It is quite obvious that the person who made the list is going off of NOTORIETY, not actual performance. Cam Newton is on the list largely for what he did in the NFL, yet the NFL performance is IGNORED for Johnny Manziel.

You know who else had a better COLLEGE CAREER than Cam Newton's ONE GOOD YEAR?

Jim Kelly - 376/676 for 5,228 yards and 33 TDs
Bernie Kosar - 463/743 for 5,971 yards and 40 TDs
Vinny Testaverde - 413/674 for 6,058 yards and 48 TDs
Steve Walsh - 410/690 for 5,369 yards and 48 TDs
Craig Erickson - 420/752 for 6,056 yards and 46 TDs
Gino Torretta - 555/991 for 7,690 yards and 47 TDs
Ken Dorsey - 668/1,153 for 9,565 yards and 86 TDs

I just named SEVEN quarterbacks from ONE SCHOOL that were better college football players, and BETTER QUARTERBACKS, than Cam Newton.

And, NO, I'm not giving Cam Newton credit for Blinn JuCo. And NO, I'm not giving Cam Newton credit for running. Blinn used Newton (an accurate and productive PASSER) correctly, letting him pass in a 3:1 ratio to his running plays. Just because Gus Malzahn FOR ONE YEAR was dumb enough to run Newton as many times as he let him pass, and with as many rushing attempts as the TOP TWO RUNNING BACKS COMBINED doesn't suddenly make Cam Newton one of the twenty best college football players of all time. It just means that Auburn (which ordinarily has great RBs) had a terrible running game that year.

Michael Dyer barely broke 1,000 yards (with the benefit of playing 14 games) in the first of his two years at Auburn, and Onterio McCalebb had his best year of his 4 years at Auburn with 800 yards. By Auburn standards, those are NOT good running back stats, particularly with a 14-0 team that gets to run a lot with a second-half lead.

You have got to be ****ting me.

That is a list of the 20 best college football players OF ALL TIME.

Cam Newton had ONE GOOD YEAR. That's it. And while it was a fine year, I can name hundreds of college football players who had BETTER CAREERS. Seriously, here are his college stats:

View attachment 236687

ONE GOOD YEAR. It is quite obvious that the person who made the list is going off of NOTORIETY, not actual performance. Cam Newton is on the list largely for what he did in the NFL, yet the NFL performance is IGNORED for Johnny Manziel.

You know who else had a better COLLEGE CAREER than Cam Newton's ONE GOOD YEAR?

Jim Kelly - 376/676 for 5,228 yards and 33 TDs
Bernie Kosar - 463/743 for 5,971 yards and 40 TDs
Vinny Testaverde - 413/674 for 6,058 yards and 48 TDs
Steve Walsh - 410/690 for 5,369 yards and 48 TDs
Craig Erickson - 420/752 for 6,056 yards and 46 TDs
Gino Torretta - 555/991 for 7,690 yards and 47 TDs
Ken Dorsey - 668/1,153 for 9,565 yards and 86 TDs

I just named SEVEN quarterbacks from ONE SCHOOL that were better college football players, and BETTER QUARTERBACKS, than Cam Newton.

And, NO, I'm not giving Cam Newton credit for Blinn JuCo. And NO, I'm not giving Cam Newton credit for running. Blinn used Newton (an accurate and productive PASSER) correctly, letting him pass in a 3:1 ratio to his running plays. Just because Gus Malzahn FOR ONE YEAR was dumb enough to run Newton as many times as he let him pass, and with as many rushing attempts as the TOP TWO RUNNING BACKS COMBINED doesn't suddenly make Cam Newton one of the twenty best college football players of all time. It just means that Auburn (which ordinarily has great RBs) had a terrible running game that year.

Michael Dyer barely broke 1,000 yards (with the benefit of playing 14 games) in the first of his two years at Auburn, and Onterio McCalebb had his best year of his 4 years at Auburn with 800 yards. By Auburn standards, those are NOT good running back stats, particularly with a 14-0 team that gets to run a lot with a second-half lead.
This post makes no sense at all lol. So because a coach decided to use his athletic ability then he is disqualified because he didn’t just sit in the pocket and throw? Lol that is ridiculous. If you want to say it’s because he only had 1 year that’s cool but the other stuff is crazy

Advertisement
One single season should not put you in this category, Johnny Manziel and Joe Burrow among others. Reggie Bush was dominant for a long time (dont count the benefits issue because Cam Newton is on the list, so clearly ethics are out the window). Bryany Mckinnie or Ed Reed should be on the list and ndamukong suh can make a case as well. Miami had a lot of great players come through, but statistically I dont remember one single player dominating witha Joe Burrow like season or Ron Dayne level of yardage. Because we had so many dominant players on the field at times, everyone ate.
Dan Morgan had some great statistical seasons, so he could be up there as well.

Last edited:
This post makes no sense at all lol. So because a coach decided to use his athletic ability then he is disqualified because he didn’t just sit in the pocket and throw? Lol that is ridiculous. If you want to say it’s because he only had 1 year that’s cool but the other stuff is crazy

I didn't say "disqualified". But I'm not counting "one year of running" as some sort of a criteria for why Cam's INFERIOR PASSING CAREER (at least with the SEVEN Miami quarterbacks that I listed) should vault Newton into the Top Twenty of all time (and the top FOUR quarterbacks of all-time).

Seriously, you think that ONE YEAR of running stats outweighs the fact that Ken Dorsey CRUSHED Cam Newton's career passing stats? Are you being honest, or do you receive compensation for praising and/or fellating Cam Newton?

Advertisement
Terrible list. However anyone who actually watched Boz play would say that he is ranked way to low on the list. Boz was dominant.

I didn't say "disqualified". But I'm not counting "one year of running" as some sort of a criteria for why Cam's INFERIOR PASSING CAREER (at least with the SEVEN Miami quarterbacks that I listed) should vault Newton into the Top Twenty of all time (and the top FOUR quarterbacks of all-time).

Seriously, you think that ONE YEAR of running stats outweighs the fact that Ken Dorsey CRUSHED Cam Newton's career passing stats? Are you being honest, or do you receive compensation for praising and/or fellating Cam Newton?
I take cam over Dorsey everytime and it ain’t close. Put Dorsey and his “great” passing on that auburn team and they don’t sniff a championship. Running is part of football too so yes it does count. And I’m not even saying cam should be there but to try to act like he didn’t dominate that 1 year is wild

I think that's the biggest issue with the list though. It's clearly some water cooler nonsense with not much of an established criteria. There's all kinds of examples that say it's one dominant season is their criteria. Yet they exclude dudes who dominated in single seasons as well. So you turn around and say continued success but yet again then there's dudes on here who got no place... No ron dayne,no Eric ****erson,no troy davis,no Timmy chang, no chase Daniels, no flutie,no detmer,no klingler... I don't get how they compiled this list

Advertisement
Back