If the news regarding a new offensive staff is true....

Brooklyn posted this and then amended it to a much shorter version:

“So manny just called asking if nephew would come back. Hes been having coaches call but I dont pick up and kids at nephew. Now he just called and said I understand the coaches situation and I just wanted to let you know changes are being made on offensive side of the ball. With a new staff will he come back... thought maybe that would cheer yall up. Straight from mannys mouth changes will be made. He knows our problems were with enos and stubblefield so form ur own conclusions from there.”

Got it. We will see if true. So I guess he didn’t answer Manny?

Advertisement
A new OC, no matter who, will not cure the biggest problem this team has. I see a lack of desire to win. Saw no progress at all with that problem this past season. Starts with the top to get this mentality changed. Proof of what I am saying was never more evident than against FIU and Duke. Should have beat both of them in spite of coaching

Not playing along. I think it's all BS. Why hang on to Enos to save a few recruits for a new OC who might not want them cruits. This a beta move by manure another example how lost he is.
ill ask you this. who is competent enough on the staff to call an offense for the bowl game. theres no one else to do it which is probably y the plug hasnt been pulled yet

Advertisement
I would be all for Brady but I don’t think we should be paying a coordinator 2 mill IMO. We can easily go down to the lower levels and scoop up an up and coming guy for dirt cheap that can produce results.
This is like a third world villager talking about if they’d prefer Angelina Jolie vs a younger model

What really makes you guys believe changes will be made.these coaches wouldn't be out there recruiting for Miami if they aren't going to be here in January.

Advertisement
I heard somewhere Major Applewhite.

Applewhite wouldn't be a big splashy hire, but he's a very good OC.

Was Sabans first OC at Alabama and Hermans playcaller at Houston (with a stop at Texas in between)

That being said, I have a feeling Herman will hire him at Texas for 2020.

What really makes you guys believe changes will be made.these coaches wouldn't be out there recruiting for Miami if they aren't going to be here in January.
It happens all the time. The Golden staff was recruiting for Miami from the time he got fired to the time Richt let them go.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've said this in other threads, but the key is to run a SIMPLE offense.

Miami kids don't really understand nuance. They don't diagnose. They're not big on effort or toughness or putting in a lot of hours reading playbooks. Receivers and running backs don't want to block. Quarterbacks don't want to make reads. You have to keep it very simple for these kids.

So our best bet is to run a high school offense.

My understanding is that most South Florida high schools run a spread offense. In that case, we should be running a spread.

I wouldn't be mad if we just went and hired the coach for St Thomas Aquinas or some big-name high school in South Florida or something like that. Just have him install the same offense and we're good.
Sounds like the Gulf Coast offense

Well, you DO recall that 100 page thread from December of 2014 (iirc) that was built on one CIS posters conversation with someone who knew someone on the Board that Golden was being let go.

It touched off such a firestorm that the rumor got into the wild and the Hecht had to issue a denial.

The point I’m making is that I wouldn’t trust anything coming from a “sauce” until you see a press release from the Hecht. I think this is smoke blowing and an attempt to buy time.

fair enough, but Golden is gone, right? Fait acomplis.

you can also thank CIS when Dow hits 35,000. Just don’t ask me when.

Advertisement
Back