If the news regarding a new offensive staff is true....

Manny would probably hire a triple option guy and say he wants to be aggressive and innovative

What hire has he made that made you go wow that’s an awesome hire

The triple option blows no doubt but let’s be real. Miami’s quarterbacks, offensive line, and running backs in the triple option (and actually practicing it all the time) scores more points and wins more games than the 2019 offense.
That’s how bad this offense was.

Miami could hire an average spread Offensive Coordinator and should see a massive
improvement. I’m more worried about who they would hire at offensive line coach and quarterbacks coach assuming they go that route. Finding a spread coach who is competent and inexpensive isn’t exactly hard nowadays.

Advertisement
Manny will have several options so here’s a list of OC’s

Larry Fedora
Rhett Lashlee
Major Applewhite
Rich Rodriguez
Rob Sale
Warren Ruggiero
David Yost
Kevin Johns
Kendal Briles
Graham Harrell
Sean Gleason
Jeff Lebby
Tim Beck
You left off dan ***** who will still be the pic next year.

Who do you target?

I’d throw $2 million at Joe Brady and make him say no.

If he says no, move onto Kendal Briles.

I vote for Coach O'Shea. Danny O'Shea. If we ran "The Annexation of Puerto Rico" every play of every series all season long we'd still look better than we did this year. And I hear he's not busy.

danny o'shea.jpg

The triple option blows no doubt but let’s be real. Miami’s quarterbacks, offensive line, and running backs in the triple option (and actually practicing it all the time) scores more points and wins more games than the 2019 offense.

Miami could hire an average spread Offensive Coordinator and should see a massive
improvement. I’m more worried about who they would hire at offensive line coach and quarterbacks coach assuming they go that route. Finding a spread coach who is competent and inexpensive isn’t exactly hard nowadays.
I just manny making a wtf kind of hire
I don’t think he has enough cache to attract anyone who is a known commoditiy
I think he needs to find the brightest mind in d2

Advertisement
Yards per play is a huge stat, all 4 playoff teams rank top 5 in YPP. Miami is 90th in the country with 5.8 ( behind FSU, UCF, & UF)

I say we get someone from WAZZU, APP ST, Utah or Louisiana (average 7.03 ypp)

With our 7 top tier RBs on the rooster, I think a triple option would be effective.

Advertisement
If Diaz announces he's hired Joe Brady or Bill Bedenbaugh as OC AND Alonzo Highsmith becomes the Miami football czar, I think it will make this season suck a whole lot less. Probably don't see those changes with an 8 or 9 win Miami team (stick with Enos and James) and we limp along for next few years without ever really having a shot at winning the ACC. Bringing in a football guy to oversee the operation and a spread OC to transform the offense changes everything.

With our 7 top tier RBs on the rooster, I think a triple option would be effective.

Its sad how far the offense has fallen but I’d actually be happy if Enos was canned and the triple option was installed. That’s 8 wins guaranteed and likely 10 wins a year, every year. Lingard, Knighton, Chaney are threats to house any run. You have 3 QBs today capable of running it. The passing game could just be RPO (but more than the 1 play Enos knew). It would be a simple boring ball control, clock eating offense except every ten or so plays a Miami back would take one to the house.
I’d take that over the 2019 offense.

The spread is obviously the better alternative but almost any change is an improvement.

Advertisement
Manny will have several options so here’s a list of OC’s

Larry Fedora
Rhett Lashlee
Major Applewhite
Rich Rodriguez
Rob Sale
Warren Ruggiero
David Yost
Kevin Johns
Kendal Briles
Graham Harrell
Sean Gleason
Jeff Lebby
Tim Beck

Lebby to ole miss

Advertisement
I've said this in other threads, but the key is to run a SIMPLE offense.

Miami kids don't really understand nuance. They don't diagnose. They're not big on effort or toughness or putting in a lot of hours reading playbooks. Receivers and running backs don't want to block. Quarterbacks don't want to make reads. You have to keep it very simple for these kids.

So our best bet is to run a high school offense.

My understanding is that most South Florida high schools run a spread offense. In that case, we should be running a spread.

I wouldn't be mad if we just went and hired the coach for St Thomas Aquinas or some big-name high school in South Florida or something like that. Just have him install the same offense and we're good.

Lmfao re-read it

“changes on offensive side are going to be made.” That could mean everything from enos leaving to just Barry leaving to different offensive philosophy starting in the spring, etc.

For all of the clowns that are saying "whale, jow bwady neva callt uh play b4"...LSU about to give this man $2M dollars and promote him as Esminger retires. What is LSU is doing on offense is all him. Every single drop.

I'd give Joe Brady Manny Diaz's salary and let them bring in whoever the F he wants.

I'd just ask him nicely to retain Eric Hickson because Jaylon Knighton in his offense is

200.gif

Bring Joe Brady home, man. The Pride of Pembroke Pines returns home.
Nice post, Bo! I like your thinking.

Advertisement
Back