If the news regarding a new offensive staff is true....

Yards per play is a huge stat, all 4 playoff teams rank top 5 in YPP. Miami is 90th in the country with 5.8 ( behind FSU, UCF, & UF)

I say we get someone from WAZZU, APP ST, Utah or Louisiana (average 7.03 ypp)

Word is Drinkowitz from App is probably gonna be the next Mizzou head coach. He’s the mastermind behind that offense.

Advertisement
Brady is gonna be in the league as an OC shortly. LSU might offer him the world but it’s hard to say no to the NFL. Everybody is looking for the next McVay and Brady is the closest thing to him.

Brady is gonna be in the league as an OC shortly. LSU might offer him the world but it’s hard to say no to the NFL. Everybody is looking for the next McVay and Brady is the closest thing to him.
No way bro. According to people here, he’s coming to be our OC at $500k salary because he’s from SFL. He also isn’t happy with his title at LSU and is looking for more responsibilities.

Who do you target?

I’d throw $2 million at Joe Brady and make him say no.

If he says no, move onto Kendal Briles.

Yout think it matters?

You go backwards and hire a Manolo...you hire around him at par of Orgeron at LSU.

Deep breath. Its lightning in a bottle time....right time, right place....you do that when you step down in the first place.

Sorry, but i gue$$ my optimism has run out.

Advertisement
okay so Brady is not coming IMO, no way LSU lets him go. With that being said
Gleeson
Lashlee
Yost
Deboer
would be my picks

I don't know what you mean by not letting him go. LSU is supposedly going to offer him 1.5 million to retain him. Obviously its unlikely that Miami would offer 2 million, but if it did, I'm not sure what LSU to stop him from leaving for his favorite team other than try to pay over 2 million. I don't think Brady, who currently makes 400k, has a hefty buyout. Interestingly enough- even at 2 mil, his salary plus Mannys would still be almost 1 million less than Richt + his 1.5 million allowance for an OC.

That being said- I don't know that I'd be willing to pay an OC 2 million in his 1st gig as a playcalling OC. 1.5 mil, yes. 2 mil...I'd have to think hard. I think Bedenbaugh would also be worth that much because he is also a proven OL guru and exceptional OL recruiter. Doesn't matter what offensive scheme we run if the OL can't block.

Maybe we are looking at it backwards. Big money to DC, less pricey young innovator at OC. Orgeron got it right by paying Dave Aranda 2.2 million, then landed a brilliant young co-OC. Get an absolute stud DC and it gives you a large margin of error and opportunity to take a risk with a young innovative OC like SMU's Lashlee (350k) who will come a lot cheaper than 1.5 million.

Last edited:
I don't know what you mean by not letting him go. LSU is supposedly going to offer him 1.5 million to retain him. Obviously its unlikely that Miami would offer 2 million, but if it did, I'm not sure what LSU to stop him from leaving for his favorite team other than try to pay over 2 million. I don't think Brady, who currently makes 400k, has a hefty buyout. Interestingly enough- even at 2 mil, his salary plus Mannys would still be almost 1 million less than Richt + his 1.5 million allowance for an OC.

That being said- I don't know that I'd be willing to pay an OC 2 million in his 1st gig as a playcalling OC. 1.5 mil, yes. 2 mil...I'd have to think hard. I think Bedenbaugh would also be worth that much because he is also a proven OL guru and exceptional OL recruiter. Doesn't matter what offensive scheme we run if the OL can't block.

Maybe we are looking at it backwards. Big money to DC, less pricey young innovator at OC. Orgeron got it right by paying Dave Aranda 2.2 million, then landed a brilliant young co-OC. Get an absolute stud DC and it gives you a large margin of error and opportunity to take a risk with a young innovative OC like SMU's Lashlee (350k) who will come a lot cheaper than 1.5 million.
I just dont see how LSU could let him go. Doesnt make sense to me, They're not a university strapped for cash, but if we do pony up the money and get an innovative offense mind that'll show that the admin and boosters are ready to get serious about getting Miami back.

Would love bedenbaugh too, forget to mention him. To me IDC who the guy is just get us someone who can put points on the board, IDC about the pace or run to pass ratio. Just score some points and be able to milk some clock when needed. This team is not that far off from being a 10 win team. Just need two good coordinators at once, and we have one in our head coach. And it baffles me how this team has not been able to get two decent coordinators at the same time going on 20 years. Manny has to hit this hire if he stands any chance at avoiding a taggart fate, and Miami falling back into this viscous cycle were in

but all of that is these rumors are true and Enos is truely gone

ill ask you this. who is competent enough on the staff to call an offense for the bowl game. theres no one else to do it which is probably y the plug hasnt been pulled yet
I know what you mean but we're in the walk on bowl, who gives a **** who calls the game. There's not one person on that side of the ball who deserves to call plays nor is there anyone there who should still be employed.... maybe coach Field can keep his job but, at this point I'm not sure he's worth his weight in salt either. Let one of them losers call the plays while the new guy is putting together his staff and recruiting. Manny could at least pretend he was in charge for a couple weeks.

I don't see any reason to keep that idiot on. Drop the dead weight and move on as fast as you can.

Advertisement
What really makes you guys believe changes will be made.these coaches wouldn't be out there recruiting for Miami if they aren't going to be here in January.
Enos doesn't have to leave; he just won't be calling plays anymore

Advertisement
Brother.

Joe Burrow has become one of the greatest QBs in the history of college football.

But before Joe Brady came into his life he was a backup at Ohio State and a 57% passer that threw for a pedestrian seven point six yards per pass.

I'm not saying it was all Joe Brady, man...but you saw Joe Burrow with your own eyes like 25 games ago and this human being is not the same guy.

What happens if he turns one of our bums into simply not a bum? There was a time, before they absolutely **** their pants on NATIONAL television, that y'all thought Jarren Williams or N'Kosi Perry were actually things.

FIFY*

Canes are definitely on TV/ basic cable every weekend here in Chicago... even the ****** teams.

Brady is the de facto OC at LSU.

He calls the plays and the scheme is his.

So why would he want to leave LSU? They just had their most successful season in years and he’s a huge part of it. No way in **** they’re letting him go and no way would he leave there to come to this dump.

Advertisement
Are your eyes ok? The offense Brady runs and the one Enos was a part of in Bama are completely different. Shame on you for uttering Brady and Enos in the same sentence.

Lol. Yall so sure about someone that has 2 years of experience as a position coach and 1 year as an assistant coordinator. Not saying he isnt good, but we literally just went through this whole "if hes good enough for Saban hes good enough for us".

Advertisement
Back