If not Butch, how about Chuck Pagano?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree with you but I am convinced Highsmith would be perfect as our AD. He knows the football industry inside and out. He checks every box you could want. Universally respected. Probably a future NFL GM. And, he can hire a legit coach under him.
No legit coach is coming to work under Fake James.
Another guy with no experience. No thanks. We can’t just keep hiring guys with no experience to fill such important roles.

One of the greatest position coaches in UM history?

IDK if that’s accurate or not, but being a great position coach hardly makes you a great head coach.

The evidence in Indianapolis shows that Pagano is a terrible head coach. He could never win the terrible AFC South, even in years where Andrew Luck wasn’t hurt.

He has a winning record in the NFL. He won the AFC south twice and made it to the AFC championship game. Two of the three times his teams made the playoffs, they were knocked out by the eventual super bowl champions.

How does any of this support your claim that he was a terrible coach?

I don’t know the guy but think there is a lot of evidence that says the opposite of your claim. It sounds like you don’t like the guy and are letting that cloud your opinion of his coaching. I think he would be a great hire and am very happy with his work so far with the Bears.

Advertisement
Hear me out here...

What if the Steelers trade Mike Tomlin to the Redskins after this year but he wants no part of that ****show and instantly retires?

Would you guys be interested? I think he'd be a good recruiter and he could even bring Todd Haley home to The U to run our offense.

Pass the can of spray paint. I want to take a real big huff.

That aside, Chuck Pagano is a good dude and an excellent coach. He's definitely best suited for exactly what he's doing right now though.

Man, if Urban is too filthy for our choir boys in the AD & BoT to touch, bring me Wario...at least that dude will get the O Line right.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Another guy with no experience. No thanks. We can’t just keep hiring guys with no experience to fill such important roles.
We need an experienced AD with a Rolodex - if anyone still uses those.

****, even an old retired stud AD who wants to perform charity work and take us on like a mercy fûck and right the ship while training some underlings for a couple years would be good.

Now Alonzo Highsmith another “Miami Guy” is the odds on favorite for AD. I can’t believe itS deja vu all over again! No worries though The BOTs will hire him because they follow the South Florida Dopey List blueprint protocol...

That is definitely a fair point but I 100% disagree. Nothing is a sure thing, especially at Miami.

I think Highsmith would have a great chance to fix what is wrong here. He is heavily connected and knowledgeable and respected in the football industry. He would have no trouble getting good coaches to come work in his football organization. He is also highly respected within the university. He would bring a level of football respect and culture that we haven’t had since Butch walked out the door.

Could there be issues? Sure. You would put a good experienced college dept person next to him as Assoc AD to help manage some of that stuff. I see this as a unique situation and it takes unique ideas to fix it.

Advertisement
Back