If not Butch, how about Chuck Pagano?

We need to hire Alonzo Highsmith as AD and then let him bring Pagano down as HC.

Those guys would fix this football program quickly.
I agree. I would like to put some execution behind these ideas. How do you propose this should work? What is your opinion of a formal Advisory Board of former players demanding such?

Advertisement
In the NFL, you have to be a pretty big coRch if you don’t get a second head coaching job after being fired. Even Adam Gase got another NFL head coaching job.

Last edited:
In the NFL, you have to be a pretty big coRch if you don’t get a second head coaching job after being fired. Even Adam Gase got another CFB coaching job.
Apple and Orange situation. Gase is a supposed QB guru. Sam Darnold needs mentoring. Jets's front office thought it was a good fit. But they have been making bad decisions year after year, since 1969 with Namath, except when Parcells took them to the AFC Championship against Denver, the year Denver won a SuperBowl. Testaverde was the Jets' QB. Long story short, Gase and the Jets have a long way to go, and its not a fair comparison to Pagano. Moreover, Pagano has a better Head Coaching Record at Indy than Gase did with the Dolphins. Not worth debating.

Advertisement
Apple and Orange situation. Gase is a supposed QB guru. Sam Darnold needs mentoring. Jets's front office thought it was a good fit. But they have been making bad decisions year after year, since 1969 with Namath, except when Parcells took them to the AFC Championship against Denver, the year Denver won a SuperBowl. Testaverde was the Jets' QB. Long story short, Gase and the Jets have a long way to go, and its not a fair comparison to Pagano. Moreover, Pagano has a better Head Coaching Record at Indy than Gase did with the Dolphins. Not worth debating.
Only an absolute Idiot could EVER say an unkind word about Chuck and his coaching abilities...his brother is the Texans LBer coach...and knows as much about the game as Chuck...Their Dad is a Legendary HS FB Coach in Colorado....

I agree. I would like to put some execution behind these ideas. How do you propose this should work? What is your opinion of a formal Advisory Board of former players demanding such?
Good question. I’m up for the grass roots movement of constantly referencing Highsmith as our AD. Have to start somewhere. #HighsmithtotheU!

He's my cousin Faqquit...and took them to the playoffs twice...then Luck was hurt...that entire organization was poison...Druggy owner...and a GM who absolutely was Garbage...and snitched on the Pats too boot...Chuck was offered the UM HC position before Richt..and turned it down...he wants no part of UM...even though he Loves UM....
Pagano the coach aside, nobody gives a f that you're related.

What is your opinion about the former players forming an Advisory Board and demanding input to the administration. Had a conversation with Randall Hill and he liked the idea. Everyone comes out ahead if the program gets back to winning.
Then we’ll wind up with some UM relic for sure. Or Coker again. He’s what the players hired last time they did the hiring.

How about just hiring a proven AD with real sports chops who has hired successful coaches and has an actual list in his desk at all times.

Advertisement
Sonny Dykes
PJ Fleck
Matt Campbell
Mike Norvell.

4 names, that if offered the right $$$$ and assistance from the school...I think are very reasonable and you may have a shot with.

Advertisement
Then we’ll wind up with some UM relic for sure. Or Coker again. He’s what the players hired last time they did the hiring.

How about just hiring a proven AD with real sports chops who has hired successful coaches and has an actual list in his desk at all times.

I agree with you but I am convinced Highsmith would be perfect as our AD. He knows the football industry inside and out. He checks every box you could want. Universally respected. Probably a future NFL GM. And, he can hire a legit coach under him.
No legit coach is coming to work under Fake James.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back