If not Butch, how about Chuck Pagano?

He's my cousin Faqquit...and took them to the playoffs twice...then Luck was hurt...that entire organization was poison...Druggy owner...and a GM who absolutely was Garbage...and snitched on the Pats too boot...Chuck was offered the UM HC position before Richt..and turned it down...he wants no part of UM...even though he Loves UM....
Interesting. What are his reasons for not wanting the UM job, other than the obvious?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great defensive mind. Did well as Head Coach at Indy until he fought through cancer (and won!). He may be our Schnellenberger equivalent. A former NFL Head Coach and excellent coordinator.

tenor (10).gif

He's my cousin Faqquit...and took them to the playoffs twice...then Luck was hurt...that entire organization was poison...Druggy owner...and a GM who absolutely was Garbage...and snitched on the Pats too boot...Chuck was offered the UM HC position before Richt..and turned it down...he wants no part of UM...even though he Loves UM....

I have nothing but high regard for chuck.

Had some interactions with him and was always favorably impressed.

But I think your statement above needs a bit of explanation … for reasons both obvious and subtle.

I have nothing but high regard for chuck.

Had some interactions with him and was always favorably impressed.

But I think your statement above needs a bit of explanation … for reasons both obvious and subtle.
Needs absolutely No explanation....he Absolutely Loves UM....But not with the Administration...whats so hard to understand??

Advertisement
Better than Diaz but that's a low bar.

Maybe consider turning to a new chapter of Miami history and going away from someone with UM ties. We keep trying to go back to that well. Cristobal Schiano Richt Pagano Davis Shannon Coker. Always has to be someone on that list. Only dude not part of UM was Golden. So he didn't work out. Big deal. Maybe the lesson isnt that an outsider wont work, but that we need a better outsider. Also Temple is poison. Never hire one of their coaches again.

You want to reset and build a new legacy? Hire Mike Leach or Les Miles. Leach would turn Miami into the greatest show on turf. It would be a SFl sensation and is the type of spectacle that casual fans will want to watch.

Les Miles is a national champion and is a recruiting monster. He would dominate recruiting in SFl. Enormous credibility with HS coaches. Defense is near flawless. Now he believes in spread offenses.

If you really want to get out of this cycle of destruction- Leach or Miles is the solution.

Maybe consider turning to a new chapter of Miami history and going away from someone with UM ties. We keep trying to go back to that well. Cristobal Schiano Richt Pagano Davis Shannon Coker. Always has to be someone on that list. Only dude not part of UM was Golden. So he didn't work out. Big deal. Maybe the lesson isnt that an outsider wont work, but that we need a better outsider. Also Temple is poison. Never hire on of their coaches again.

You want to reset and build a new legacy? Hire Mike Leach or Les Miles. Leach would turn Miami into the greatest show on turf. It would be a SFl sensation and is the type of spectacle that casual fans will want to watch.

Les Miles is a national champion and is a recruiting monster. He would dominate recruiting in SFl. Enormous credibility with HS coaches. Defense is near flawless. Now he believes in spread offenses.

If you really want to get out of this cycle of destruction- Leach or Miles is the solution.

Miles is 65, and it always was a little hard to respect him that much as a coach despite his solid record in the SEC West.

If the right Administration was in place...Chuck would have listened....He was what Butch was to JJ from 95-2000....Savage recruiter...
$5 million a year should garner a conversation, no? How about if he were assured another $15 to $20 million for the staff and support personnel? Between the merchandising and the ACC revenue, the school could afford it. They just have to pull the trigger.

$5 million a year should garner a conversation, no? How about if he were assured another $15 to $20 million for the staff and support personnel? Between the merchandising and the ACC revenue, the school could afford it. They just have to pull the trigger.
Lol...UM ain't offering 5 million...and 15 million for the staff??....I like your optimism..but UM don't roll like that...

Advertisement

Maybe consider turning to a new chapter of Miami history and going away from someone with UM ties. We keep trying to go back to that well. Cristobal Schiano Richt Pagano Davis Shannon Coker. Always has to be someone on that list. Only dude not part of UM was Golden. So he didn't work out. Big deal. Maybe the lesson isnt that an outsider wont work, but that we need a better outsider. Also Temple is poison. Never hire one of their coaches again.

Have to read the fine print, and not group every former UM coach up with Coker and Shannon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Pagano

Advertisement
Best DB and STs Coach in UM History....His NFL Secondarys never finished worse than 5th....(Browns...Ravens...Raiders) his DBs whipped UMs recievers when he was with Butch at UNC...
I’d love chuck but if that means your pictures I might have to pass. Actually anything that makes u post more I’m probably against regardless.

However I love chuck no qualms here with Chuck.

Lol...UM ain't offering 5 million...and 15 million for the staff??....I like your optimism..but UM don't roll like that...
That has been the modus operandi, but now their backs are against the wall and the money is there. Sports merchandising revenue alone would cover it. Richt got them to open the pocketbook door a bit, now it is time to open it more. The school brought in revenue of $2.8 billion in 2016, earmarking $216 million for research.

Advertisement
Back