If ND gets blown out...

CaneFan79

Senior
Is Brian Kelly looking at getting eased out? Swarbrick (ND AD) is facing ND's contract with NBC expiring after 2025 and CBS loses the SEC in '24. Just enough time to get rid of Kelly and get Urban in place before negotiations get real serious...Of course, the 'Canes should work towards something like that when the ACC GOR expires but that's a different story.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yep, because we know BOT/Blake won't do anything near as savage to save Miami's program...What if ND goes with CBS and NBC is looking for a replacement. National Brand? History? Hmm...Nope, BOT and Blake will keep coasting along (pardon the pun).

Dude if you think Kelly is in any kind of trouble you need to have your head examined.

I can’t even figure out the rest of your theory.

Between the buyout and paying $10MM+ a year to Urban, you are looking at well over a $50MM investment.

Advertisement
Last title in 1988; in order to stay independent you have to be competive with the $$$, meaning you need to get a much bigger contract for the 7 or so games you provide to the network. You have one of the most bankable HCs available who can take the talent level past the blowout at highest level plateau you are at...Pretty simple decision to me.

Is Brian Kelly looking at getting eased out? Swarbrick (ND AD) is facing ND's contract with NBC expiring after 2025 and CBS loses the SEC in '24. Just enough time to get rid of Kelly and get Urban in place before negotiations get real serious...Of course, the 'Canes should work towards something like that when the ACC GOR expires but that's a different story.
Do you know that DMT is a hallucinogenic? Stick to weed my friend.

Advertisement
Urban the liar coming back is a pipe dream. He seems to be enjoying his cushy analyst gig which is not nearly as stressful on his heart.

Kelly was just named coach of the year in the ACC and is the all time winningest coach in Notre Lame history. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

No, but interesting that Kelly did fire all his staff not too long ago so maybe he was under pressure at THAT time. Not now though.

Advertisement
Here's a little secret. You guys remember all the recruits that used to say Miami was their "dream school" before running to commit elsewhere? Well they're not nearly the liars that the coaches that claim Notre Dame is their "dream job" are.

Is Brian Kelly really a top 10 coach? He’s always seemed overrated to me.
I don’t know.

he’s won 73% of his games since he’s been there if you count all seasons but 68% when they had wins stripped for using several ineligible players and now entering his third playoffs. The three coaches before him won 56.5 and 58.3 percent of the games. Holtz won 76% but he started to slow down there the last three years.

He’s also had double digit win seasons in 5 of the last 6 seasons with more difficult academic requirements. Can Meyer do
Better while maintaining the same academics at Notre dame? Maybe. But how many others could?

he also made Cincinnati really good before that and was great at grand valley state. How many coaches could have his success at a sustained level? Especially at Notre dame in this era of football?

Oh yeah, hes nearly dominated the acc completely outside of Clemson winning over 80 % of his games in ten plus years. Against the big ten it’s been 60%, etc.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back