If ND gets blown out...

Our fan base is afflicted. This dude's in the playoffs all the time at a school that still pays some attention to academics and throws people out for transgressions. If Kelly was at a "win at all costs" bag school, he'd be undefeated every year.
Facts

The only way a dude like this gets fired is if Urban has his name in blood on ND next contract. And that **** has to be signed before the playoff game.

Advertisement
Renewal or a bigger deal with CBS, thanks to Urban?

Yep, keep thinking like Blake and taking ACC crumbs.
How many hypotheticals you going to throw on top of each other? If they get blown out and if Kelly is eased out and if urban even wants to coach again and if the sec loses its contract with cbs. No network is going to pay huge money to Nd strictly because flaky urban is their coach when he’ll only be there a few years if it even happens. He’ll be 60 by then and has already retired about 3 times already

Last edited:
Our fan base is afflicted. This dude's in the playoffs all the time at a school that still pays some attention to academics and throws people out for transgressions. If Kelly was at a "win at all costs" bag school, he'd be undefeated every year.
I wished we could have gotten him at the end of his Cincinnati years. I forgot he also actually was turning around even central Michigan, too.

He’s like diet urban meyer: he improves a lot every program he inherits and sustains it but just not at the magnitude of Meyer.

Having him here the past ten years these message boards would have had a lot of very different threads by now.

I wished we could have gotten him at the end of his Cincinnati years. I forgot he also actually was turning around even central Michigan, too.

He’s like diet urban meyer: he improves a lot every program he inherits and sustains it but just not at the magnitude of Meyer.

Having him here the past ten years these message boards would have had a lot of very different threads by now.
The only reason he’s not full-on Urban Meyer from a results perspective is because he coaches at a school that has standards for academics and conduct. Can you imagine ND accepting or retaining Percy Harvin, A-Aron Hernandez or any of the other scumbags he had at UF or Ohio State?

Kelly is just as good as Dabo or Saban, but he’s at a school that handicaps him to some degree.

ND just got blown out in the ACCCG and Kelly got rewarded with a playoff berth and ACC Coach of the Year award. It kinda seems like he's teflon.

Advertisement
Yep, because we know BOT/Blake won't do anything near as savage to save Miami's program...What if ND goes with CBS and NBC is looking for a replacement. National Brand? History? Hmm...Nope, BOT and Blake will keep coasting along (pardon the pun).

Because Miami has Notre Dame money.

Keep being brain dead. It's a great look.

That's also absolutely not a pun considering you weren't talking about the Coastal at all.

Did you graduate high school?

Kelly's closer to a lifetime extension than he is getting run off. Our fans are clueless about the rest of the college football world. That dude's one of the best coaches in college football.

Who would get absolutely blasted by this fanbase, yourself included, for the results he's put up at ND.

Advertisement
Is Brian Kelly looking at getting eased out? Swarbrick (ND AD) is facing ND's contract with NBC expiring after 2025 and CBS loses the SEC in '24. Just enough time to get rid of Kelly and get Urban in place before negotiations get real serious...Of course, the 'Canes should work towards something like that when the ACC GOR expires but that's a different story.
Brian Kelly is easily a top Tier coach..EASILY. If they fire him it would be the dumbest move. Unless they getting Saban or Dabo or Urban it make no sense

Who would get absolutely blasted by this fanbase, yourself included, for the results he's put up at ND.
“Never listen to criticism from a person you wouldn’t take advice from”...95% of our fan base is out of touch. Majority I’m sure do not follow CFB, just the canes. Kelly is easily a top 5 coach..there’s no debating that. NDs problem is it’s either Natty or bust because they don’t play in a conference.

Advertisement
2 playoff appearances and a bcs appearance? Those blowouts would be much easier to digest than blowouts to unc and losses to duke and g5 teams

He's went 8-5 his first two seasons and had five years with four or more losses. He went 4-8 season in year eight.

He'd be getting excoriated on here with 15 new threads daily by people screaming for his head after this last Clemson loss.

Kelly's closer to a lifetime extension than he is getting run off. Our fans are clueless about the rest of the college football world. That dude's one of the best coaches in college football.
You know. I have many ND fans, growing up just outside South Bend. They understand Kelly is a very good coach. He just needs to get over that hump. They don't want him gone. Yet.

Advertisement
He's went 8-5 his first two seasons and had five years with four or more losses. He went 4-8 season in year eight.

He'd be getting excoriated on here with 15 new threads daily by people screaming for his head after this last Clemson loss.
Only because nd is firmly a top 15 team annually and they want a nc instead. Kind of like how Nebraska wasn’t satisfied with pelini reeling off 9 win seasons all the time. They thought they were better than that...im guessing they’d be happy with 9 wins now. It’s all relative...

He's never coached at a place like UF or Ohio Taint where you can get away with anything and get anyone admitted like Urb. This dude had Cincinnati on the verge of a NC appearance. He won championships at GVSU, and immediately made Central Michigan, a dead program, a big winner. I was screaming for us to hire him before ND did, but we fcked up and picked our noses and wound up with ****.

Advertisement
Back