If ND gets blown out...

The majority of Clemson fans wanted ***** fired after he won 4 games then again after WVU put 70 on him. Now they love him.

Things change as we accumulate data. Not everything stays frozen in one moment in time. If it did then we could claim we’re way better than ND because we hammered them 4 years ago.
I think it would be interesting to understand those early Clemson years of Dabo and what the losses looked like, etc... using the same lens that we’d use to watch our games.

Were they WTF bad? What did the roster look like with the same lens we have for our rosters.

Advertisement
Just curious? Why is the drop off next year predictable? I think it happens, but curious why you think it happens while also defending manny.
If we lose our best players, we will have less experienced talent and likely have a drop off - but the roster isn’t set yet.

I’m not here to defend Manny. I generally think coaches need a little time and don’t fully calculate Manny’s years as DC making him a 7 year coach...I also acknowledge that in the business of college football that timeline is becoming less and less and there needs to be both positive growth and the absence of glaring weaknesses year in and year out.

Remember when there was no rationale behind that way of thinking? If a loss matters less early in the season, it should be the same for wins. I mean if we’re trying to use logic anyway...
How about the BCS choices in 2000?

Already done in 2 years .... interesting... from 7-6 in 2018 to 8-2 in 2020...

Numbers are fun.

I hope Diaz succeeds because that means Miami succeeds meanwhile **** ND because they are ND...

If comparing a second year coach to successful veterans after they’ve been successful was easy in finding a good coach, then athletic departments across the country wouldn’t be firing coaches constantly...
Again you ignored ALL the context of the numbers lol. My original post described that context.

Again you ignored ALL the context of the numbers lol. My original post described that context.
I’m not saying Kelly isn’t a great coach. I’m not saying Diaz even has the potential to be a good coach.

As I said to Chise, I think we’d need to look back and see how some of these coaches started their careers through the lens we look at Miami — otherwise we can use numbers in lots of ways.

Advertisement
Because Miami has Notre Dame money.

Keep being brain dead. It's a great look.

That's also absolutely not a pun considering you weren't talking about the Coastal at all.

Did you graduate high school?
Oh I forgot, you are the big money guy on this board...Amazing you have time to post jetting around with Bezos and Musk...Does the business world have an equivelent to Stolen Valor? I guess you are CIS' Old Jacket Nevin.

Kelly is the first HC in ND history to win 10 games four consecutive seasons. And ND is going to fire him for Meyer, who would be one migraine headache away from his third retirement? How f-n dumb can some porsters be?

And, while no one argues Meyer’s resume he failed to make the CFP in 2017 and 2018 despite winning the Big 10. Why? Blowout losses to powerhouses Iowa (55-24) and Purdue (49-20). Plus as 31-16 home loss to Oklahoma in same year as the loss to Iowa.

I’ll thrown in a 31-0 loss to Clemson in the CFP semifinals OSU/Meyer’s last CFP appearance in 2016.

Advertisement
That was because of the computers. Which were 2/3 of the BCS standings at the time IIRC.

Early losses are only beneficial in human polls.
My point is that ND's getting trounced in the ACCCG should have knocked them out of the CFP.

Advertisement
Back