If Morris had an ounce of Dignity he'd resign

Advertisement
Wouldn't save the streak or prevent FSU from owning it in a few years. Accomplishes nothing.

Wouldn't save the streak or prevent FSU from owning it in a few years. Accomplishes nothing.

Not sure if serious.

What is there to not be serious about? Would him resigning get us into the NCAA Tournament? No. Would him resigning keep FSU from owning the post-season streak in a few years? No. So what's the point? Who cares about his pride or dignity at this point. Let him have his last season. It can't get any worse at this point.

Not sure if serious.

What is there to not be serious about? Would him resigning get us into the NCAA Tournament? No. Would him resigning keep FSU from owning the post-season streak in a few years? No. So what's the point? Who cares about his pride or dignity at this point. Let him have his last season. It can't get any worse at this point.

Oh, yes, it can get worse.
Watch when you say that because it was something we always said in football and things did get progressively worse.
But I agree that it doesn't matter if Morris steps down now or next year because replacement is already in place and that is the bigger problem that won't be solved.

Advertisement
Yawn. He's done next year. Get over it. Not a single person calling for him to resign would do the same. Zero.

Yawn. He's done next year. Get over it. Not a single person calling for him to resign would do the same. Zero.

Still gotta wonder what his motivation is now. Does he feel like he's owed/deserves another year and to exit on his own terms or is he sick at the thought of going out like this. I know the "reasonable" person will say it's both but I really think it slants proportionally more toward the former with a lot of these old timer type coaches.

Not sure if serious.

Watch when you say that because it was something we always said in football and things did get progressively worse.
But I agree that it doesn't matter if Morris steps down now or next year because replacement is already in place and that is the bigger problem that won't be solved.

While Morris certainly needed to go five years ago, ^^^ this is the real problem. Gino is the easy, lazy hire. And Gino was the lazy, complacent recruiter who got us into this position. We will be Wake Forest. We will occasionally have our years, but we will also mix in disaster years in which we miss the tournament.

Advertisement

Not sure if serious.

While Morris certainly needed to go five years ago, ^^^ this is the real problem. Gino is the easy, lazy hire. And Gino was the lazy, complacent recruiter who got us into this position. We will be Wake Forest. We will occasionally have our years, but we will also mix in disaster years in which we miss the tournament.

I still disagree with you on Richt and his playcalling but I will admit you were 100% spot on with Morris.

Two fluky seasons made it seem like he had his mojo back when in actuality they were aberrations. He needs to go.

Not sure if serious.

Hey, what's at least 5 more years of underachieving and possible longterm program damage when you want to toss a bone to The Tomato King?

All of this almost means **** if the NCAA doesn't address the scholarship issues (costs vs lower priced state schools) that is also hurting UM in addition to Morris.

All of this almost means **** if the NCAA doesn't address the scholarship issues (costs vs lower priced state schools) that is also hurting UM in addition to Morris.

Scholarships caused us to get shut out by Dartmouth. Twice.

Advertisement
Morris is over the hill but we still should have made it.

From Reynolds "Since 1987, 90 percent of baseball teams that went .500 in the ACC made the NCAAs. Will Miami get snubbed? We find out around noon."

So much dead $ on this roster. Hard to see next year being any better. We can be all but sure that we'll lose half the class to the draft and be left scrambling for JUCO scraps long after the studs on those rosters have been picked clean by the mid major programs that that seem to outhit, outwork, outplay our dudes. Now that the IPF is going up, the AD needs to focus on a Vandy style endowment to entice more of the bonus babies to forego pro ball for a couple of years. They won't get any of my money so long as this regime is in power though.

Still gotta wonder what his motivation is now. Does he feel like he's owed/deserves another year and to exit on his own terms or is he sick at the thought of going out like this. I know the "reasonable" person will say it's both but I really think it slants proportionally more toward the former with a lot of these old timer type coaches.

Agreed. Hard to tell. Probably slightly distorted either way. Coming off Omaha appearances probably thinks it is an anomaly this year rather than a pattern. Our standards are high. Even if he thinks he earned it, I doubt he's sitting there saying **** CIS, I'll do what I want and lose next year again just to show you. Good, bad or ugly, he is very unlikely to say he's done.

Advertisement
The best measuring stick for Miami (FL) baseball is how they compare to UF and FSU. It is clear as day by that standard that our program has been in free fall for nearly a decade.

Advertisement
Back