If Morris had an ounce of Dignity he'd resign

You thought the program was sailing along just fine.

From 2014-16:

144 wins, 3 straight Coastal Division titles, 2 ACC Regular Season Championships, 2 National Seeds, 2 CWS Appearances.

According to Jagr, this is decline because of 2017.

Rosters turn over a lot in baseball. All it takes is the draft (Abreu, Collins, Heyward), bad luck (Kep Brown, Hunter Tackett), recruiting misses (several) injuries (Admitis) and you're in a rut.

Nobody, as far as I can tell, has praised the coaching staff for roster management in 2017.

You're a marginal baseball fan, so you couldn't see through the fact that we were a paper tiger in those years. That soft-tossing lefty philosophy doesn't work too well when you get past Duke and VCU.

Advertisement
Somehow, in a year in which we inexplicably got shut out by Dartmouth twice, had the worst offense in power-conference baseball, and managed to completely miss the tournament, you're going to show up with a new screen name to announce that I am "incomprehensibly wrong on pretty much everything"??? Even though my posts in previous years predicted this very event?

Yes, because it has the benefit of being true.

You said the 2015 team wouldn't be a national seed and wouldn't get to Omaha.

You said the 2016 team wouldn't be a national seed and wouldn't get to Omaha.

I don't recall you saying that the streak would end in 2017 but let's be charitable and give that to you.

So you're 33% accuracy has you prancing around as if you called something?

Typically laughable.

Oh look, Brian's Thong is back with a new screen name.

You're a marginal baseball fan, so you couldn't see through the fact that we were a paper tiger in those years. That soft-tossing lefty philosophy doesn't work too well when you get past Duke and VCU.

42 wins vs. the RPI top 50 in those two years. Most in America. None of them against VCU (who was 68).

Soft-tossing lefties did that.

As was the ace of our last CWS Championship team.

This is a typical performance for you.

We have lost to end the season for 16 straight years.

And there you go again with the national championship or failure standard.

But somehow that hasn't stopped you from heaping praise on Dan McDonnell and Kevin O'Sullivan who have a combined zero national championships in 19 full seasons as head coaches.

There's no better business on message boards than hating your own coaches and loving less accomplished ones from other programs.

42 wins vs. the RPI top 50 in those two years. Most in America. None of them against VCU (who was 68).

Soft-tossing lefties did that.

As was the ace of our last CWS Championship team.

This is a typical performance for you.

Awesome. Recruit in 2017 like it's 2001. The game hasn't changed a bit.

I've already admitted that our soft-tossing lefties did fine against our regular season schedules. Let's see what they did in 2016:

Knocked off Louisville, who got swept in a Super Regional at home
Knocked off Clemson, who lost a Regional at home
Knocked off UNC, who didn't make the tournament
Knocked off Duke, who went 0-2 in a Regional
Knocked off Georgia Tech, who got obliterated by Florida to end their season
Knocked off Florida State, who managed to go scoreless against Florida for two games in the Supers

So, like I correctly pointed out the first time, our big top 50 series wins were against other teams who did absolutely nothing in the post-season.

Advertisement
Brian has made 30 good points today alone, I never figured out why people get on here an kiss so much gator ***

We have lost to end the season for 16 straight years.

And there you go again with the national championship or failure standard.

But somehow that hasn't stopped you from heaping praise on Dan McDonnell and Kevin O'Sullivan who have a combined zero national championships in 19 full seasons as head coaches.

There's no better business on message boards than hating your own coaches and loving less accomplished ones from other programs.

Wait a second, hoss. Respond to my quote in context. You referred to 2011 and 2013 as though those two seasons were our two failures. If you're going to show up and do this again, don't be intellectually dishonest.

Advertisement

This is the same guy who at the time said that Louisville would have their way with us. Then when we won said that regular season games didn't matter.

And just now he says they matter again......but only to illustrate that we beat weak teams.

That's Jagr, people.

Awesome. Recruit in 2017 like it's 2001. The game hasn't changed a bit.

Recruiting like i's 2001 worked in 2001, 2003, 204, 2006, 2008, 2015, 2016.

But in 2017 they planned poorly so they must go!

Geez, I expected more after a year off and you getting destroyed on the football board after being called out as the high school stat guy.

There you go ignoring entire seasons again. If their recruiting plan is so solid, why the huge gaps in your little illustration?

Wait a second, hoss. Respond to my quote in context. You referred to 2011 and 2013 as though those two seasons were our two failures. If you're going to show up and do this again, don't be intellectually dishonest.

I didn't say only about anything. I used those seasons as examples of lesser Miami teams losing to better teams which seemed to be your "evidence" of something.

2012 was a disaster.

I never said otherwise.

Advertisement

This is the same guy who at the time said that Louisville would have their way with us. Then when we won said that regular season games didn't matter.

And just now he says they matter again......but only to illustrate that we beat weak teams.

That's Jagr, people.

I was wrong about a series. You were wrong about the direction of the program. Either way, we have looked like dogshyt to end the season every year since 2008. But random.

I didn't say only about anything. I used those seasons as examples of lesser Miami teams losing to better teams which seemed to be your "evidence" of something.

2012 was a disaster.

I never said otherwise.

Then why didn't you include 2012 (and other years) in your "look how good they are at recruiting" post?

There you go ignoring entire seasons again. If their recruiting plan is so solid, why the huge gaps in your little illustration?

They didn't have huge gaps. Circumstances led us to this.

We had two stacked classes (2013 and 2014) that made up the bulk of the contributors. When those guys become draft eligible, we experienced a void. We then had some bad luck (Kep Brown), injuries (Amditis) and some misses.

The result is 31-27.

It's not hard for anybody to figure out. At least those that pay attention.

Advertisement
You were wrong about the direction of the program.

No I wasn't. Hence why I knew we were going to be really good before a lot of people did.

I don't think 3 straight Coastal Division titles, 2 ACC Regular Season titles and 2 CWS Appearances is the wrong direction simply because 31-27 came right after it.

That's the dictionary definition of knee-jerk and lazy.

They didn't have huge gaps. Circumstances led us to this.

We had two stacked classes (2013 and 2014) that made up the bulk of the contributors. When those guys become draft eligible, we experienced a void. We then had some bad luck (Kep Brown), injuries (Amditis) and some misses.

The result is 31-27.

It's not hard for anybody to figure out. At least those that pay attention.

We didn't have huge gaps? Then why did your illustration go from 2008 right on into 2015? Aren't we using the same plan that has been successful for 44 years?

I love how we were caught off guard that people would become draft eligible. I can just see them scrambling.

The result was 30-27. D-II games don't count.

Then why didn't you include 2012 (and other years) in your "look how good they are at recruiting" post?

Gino didn't recruit anybody on the 2012 roster.

So I don't see how your recruiting angle has any relevance when that's why he was brought back. To fix the recruiting.

Which he did.

You were wrong about the direction of the program.

No I wasn't. Hence why I knew we were going to be really good before a lot of people did.

I don't think 3 straight Coastal Division titles, 2 ACC Regular Season titles and 2 CWS Appearances is the wrong direction simply because 31-27 came right after it.

That's the dictionary definition of knee-jerk and lazy.

Right, it's "knee-jerk" even though I've been the guy pointing out the decline for years. I just started complaining after the selection show.

Could you please stop listing regular season "titles" in a conference notorious for not being as good as everyone thought they were? That's embarrassing.

Advertisement
Back