If Morris had an ounce of Dignity he'd resign

Then why didn't you include 2012 (and other years) in your "look how good they are at recruiting" post?

Gino didn't recruit anybody on the 2012 roster.

So I don't see how your recruiting angle has any relevance when that's why he was brought back. To fix the recruiting.

Which he did.

Except for producing the worst offense in major college baseball in 2017, which he did. But Tackett.

Advertisement
We didn't have huge gaps? Then why did your illustration go from 2008 right on into 2015? Aren't we using the same plan that has been successful for 44 years?

It's one season. How do you get "gaps" plural from one season after back-to-back Omaha teams?

Gino left after 2008. His last full class (2009) was actually quite good. That 2010 team was CWS caliber and just got sent to Gainesville again. The result of the recruiting slide came in 2011-12-13.

Maybe the answer is that I just know more about this than you do.

Except for producing the worst offense in major college baseball in 2017, which he did. But Tackett.

But does that wipe out the offenses he produced from 2000-2008 and 2015-16?

He has far more successes than failures.

But 2017!

2017 wasn't a down year, 2017 was the year in which we had the worst offense in major college baseball and missed the entire NCAA tournament. But since he was good in 2008, and since he brought in TACKETT!!!!, everything is fine. Nothing to see here.

Advertisement
We didn't have huge gaps? Then why did your illustration go from 2008 right on into 2015? Aren't we using the same plan that has been successful for 44 years?

It's one season. How do you get "gaps" plural from one season after back-to-back Omaha teams?

Gino left after 2008. His last full class (2009) was actually quite good. That 2010 team was CWS caliber and just got sent to Gainesville again. The result of the recruiting slide came in 2011-12-13.

Maybe the answer is that I just know more about this than you do.

Nah, we both know that the press box guy doesn't really know what he's looking at. I said we were declining and on our way to missing the tournament. We missed the tournament. Knee-jerk.

But since he was good in 2008, and since he brought in TACKETT!!!!, everything is fine. Nothing to see here.

Since he produced some of the best offenses in college baseball for a decade then came back and did it again after having full recruiting classes, then, yes you'd be really silly to point to 2017 and want him out.

Pretty much every other program has had worse seasons than us with (according to you) better recruiting and better coaching.

Seems awfully strange.

But since he was good in 2008, and since he brought in TACKETT!!!!, everything is fine. Nothing to see here.

Since he produced some of the best offenses in college baseball for a decade then came back and did it again after having full recruiting classes, then, yes you'd be really silly to point to 2017 and want him out.

Pretty much every other program has had worse seasons than us with (according to you) better recruiting and better coaching.

Seems awfully strange.

I firmly believe that it's Gino's approach, and that he is going to have to find ways to outwork other guys who are convincing players that $65,000 is way too much for their families. Relying on SWFL and the old Bombers program just won't cut it.

Advertisement
I said we were declining and on our way to missing the tournament. We missed the tournament. Knee-jerk.

If you said that we were declining in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 then you were just flat out wrong.

Anybody could see that losing Thompson, Collins, Abreu, Heyward, Garcia, etc. over two years would hurt. That's not a sign of decline. It's a sign of naturally occurring graduations and draft eligibility.

The remedies didn't pan out in 2017.

We have a big (and good) recruiting class coming in. The roster should get turned over.

We have a big (and good) recruiting class coming in. The roster should get turned over.

Looks like it, and hopefully some of those guys make a quick impact.

One recruiting note: yesterday at the FACA all-star series there were four (4) catchers committed to UF. I can't understand why so many kids continue to commit when it's obvious that UF purges the roster every single year.

I said we were declining and on our way to missing the tournament. We missed the tournament. Knee

Couple of weeks early but can we assume that Vientos, Toral, Perez, Downs, Zamora, & Gil, never arrive in CG? Every top program loses signees to the draft but it "feels" as though we've been snakebit more than most in past few years. Probably more feels than reality but....

Advertisement
Couple of weeks early but can we assume that Vientos, Toral, Perez, Downs, Zamora, & Gil, never arrive in CG? Every top program loses signees to the draft but it "feels" as though we've been snakebit more than most in past few years. Probably more feels than reality but....

Losing 6 guys would be a lot even for us.

Vientos and Toral are elite prospects but the others we should expect to have a shot with.

Morris has as much dignity as he has chin.

I came here just to see this and wasn't disappointed.
manning-up.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back