If Morris had an ounce of Dignity he'd resign

I personally think someone with an ounce dignity wouldn't want to quit after their least successful year, but rather attempt to use their final year to get things headed back in the right direction.

Advertisement
I personally think someone with an ounce dignity wouldn't want to quit after their least successful year, but rather attempt to use their final year to get things headed back in the right direction.

While this is a reasonable point, I have no faith that JM is capable of that.

Wouldn't save the streak or prevent FSU from owning it in a few years. Accomplishes nothing.

Not sure if serious.

What is there to not be serious about? Would him resigning get us into the NCAA Tournament? No. Would him resigning keep FSU from owning
the post-season streak in a few years? No. So what's the point? Who cares about his pride or dignity at this point. Let him have his last season. It can't get any worse at this point.

Oh, yes, it can get worse.
Watch when you say that because it was something we always said in football and things did get progressively worse.
But I agree that it doesn't matter if Morris steps down now or next year because replacement is already in place and that is the bigger problem that won't be solved.

While Morris certainly needed to go five years ago, ^^^ this is the real problem. Gino is the easy, lazy hire. And Gino was the lazy, complacent recruiter who got us into this position. We will be Wake Forest. We will occasionally have our years, but we will also mix in disaster years in which we miss the tournament.

Completely agree, If one is calling for Morris to be fired then we have to clean house. In addition to his recruiting blunders, Gino was the hitting coach of the team who couldn't hit sh*t. It's just as embarrassing for the university to have their coach-in-waiting as part of this staff.

Last edited:

While this is a reasonable point, I have no faith that JM is capable of that.

I have no confidence in that either. Hopefully today will light a one year fire under him. He was much more engaged this week, and we wouldn't have beaten GT without that. Lets hope that carries over to next year.

Yawn. He's done next year. Get over it. Not a single person calling for him to resign would do the same. Zero.

Exactly.

A bunch of cowards telling a guy to quit from a six figure job because their fragile psyches can't handle missing the postseason by one spot one single time in 44 years.

Advertisement
Yawn. He's done next year. Get over it. Not a single person calling for him to resign would do the same. Zero.

Exactly.

A bunch of cowards telling a guy to quit from a six figure job because their fragile psyches can't handle missing the postseason by one spot one single time in 44 years.

I told you this was coming, Aquinas. But you didn't listen. The "one time in 44 years" was just the end result of a steady decline in this program.

While Morris certainly needed to go five years ago, ^^^ this is the real problem. Gino is the easy, lazy hire. And Gino was the lazy, complacent recruiter who got us into this position. We will be Wake Forest. We will occasionally have our years, but we will also mix in disaster years in which we miss the tournament.

For someone who posts so much you know very little about this program.

What was the state of the program when Gino walked away in 2008? He had been lead assistant and recruiting coordinator since 2000.

9 years
5 CWS Appearances

And what was it when he returned after the 2011 season?

3 years
0 CWS Appearances

Since he came back in 2012?

6 yeas
2 CWS Appearances

His first two recruiting classes after returning produced David Thompson, Willie Abreu, Zack Collins, Bryan Garcia and the rest of the core of two CWS teams.

Yeah, he's clearly the problem.

This whole "lazy" narrative is lazy analysis itself.

He's baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!

What took you so long? Did you really spend a year in banishment waiting to come back when we didn't make the tournament?

See, you rely on WarrenNolan to make your case. I rely on peoples' experience. Gino is the least visible recruiter among all Florida schools. He relies on people to come to him. He doesn't pound the pavement even though he admits that recruiting is tougher with our high tuition.

Advertisement
I told you this was coming.

I'm always amused by people who claimed that they called something.

In reality anybody who sets the bar at national championships will always be right, inevitably. Now anybody who reads or lurks on this board knows that you've been incomprehensibly wrong on pretty much everything.

In a profession (like coaching) where 90% of people get fired or ultimately fail it's not prescient at all to simply whine about everything. It's actually quite normal now.

If you yearn to be "right" then you could do far, far worse than saying that (insert coach) has lost it and should quit.

It's easiest thing in the world to do.

See, you rely on WarrenNolan to make your case. I rely on peoples' experience. Gino is the least visible recruiter among all Florida schools. He relies on people to come to him. He doesn't pound the pavement even though he admits that recruiting is tougher with our high tuition.

I've never seen Gino DiMare out recruiting at a high school baseball game.

On the other hand, I saw J.D. Arteaga all the time when he was the coordinator.

Guess who is far better at the job?

Silly argument.

Our next 3 recruiting classes ranked by PG:

2017: 3rd
2018: 8th
2019: 2nd

I told you this was coming.

I'm always amused by people who claimed that they called something.

In reality anybody who sets the bar at national championships will always be right, inevitably. Now anybody who reads or lurks on this board knows that you've been incomprehensibly wrong on pretty much everything.

In a profession (like coaching) where 90% of people get fired or ultimately fail it's not prescient at all to simply whine about everything. It's actually quite normal now.

If you yearn to be "right" then you could do far, far worse than saying that (insert coach) has lost it and should quit.

It's easiest thing in the world to do.

The difference here is that, yes, I was right, but you insisted that I wasn't right. You defended Jim Morris to the death last year, despite all of the evidence I provided to show that the program was in decline.

Somehow, in a year in which we inexplicably got shut out by Dartmouth twice, had the worst offense in power-conference baseball, and managed to completely miss the tournament, you're going to show up with a new screen name to announce that I am "incomprehensibly wrong on pretty much everything"??? Even though my posts in previous years predicted this very event?

I just wish you had been man enough to do this when we were in the midst of scoring 13 runs in 10 games in that early stretch that ultimately ended the streak.

I've never seen Gino DiMare out recruiting at a high school baseball game.

On the other hand, I saw J.D. Arteaga all the time when he was the coordinator.

Guess who is far better at the job?

Silly argument.

Our next 3 recruiting classes ranked by PG:

2017: 3rd
2018: 8th
2019: 2nd

Join us in 2017. No one said anything about showing up at high school baseball games.

But Gino did manage to land Brandon Gali, a guy who couldn't hit .250 in junior college. That was a major coup.

Advertisement
The difference here is that, yes, I was right, but you insisted that I wasn't right.

Anybody who wants to be right can just claim that we're going to lose all the time until, you know, we actually lose. Everybody loses. Most coaches get fired or fail.

You were wrong a million times before you were "right" once.

What you did took no ability of sense whatsoever.

You defended Jim Morris to the death last year, despite all of the evidence I provided to show that the program was in decline.

I'm defending him right now after this biggest failure. That's because I don't knee-jerk about a staff that has coached together for 12 years and made it to Omaha 6 times.

Your "evidence" was that lesser Miami teams (like 2011, 2013) lost to better and/or national seed programs.

It was laughable then and it's laughable now.

The difference here is that, yes, I was right, but you insisted that I wasn't right.

Anybody who wants to be right can just claim that we're going to lose all the time until, you know, we actually lose. Everybody loses. Most coaches get fired or fail.

You were wrong a million times before you were "right" once.

What you did took no ability of sense whatsoever.

First of all, what a weird screen name. It took all of one post to expose yourself. Should've gone with Brian^Piccolo or something.

This was only a mystery to you. You thought the program was sailing along just fine. It took a better baseball eye to see what was really happening while you were being fooled by Super Regional wins over Virginia Commonwealth.

Advertisement
You defended Jim Morris to the death last year, despite all of the evidence I provided to show that the program was in decline.

I'm defending him right now after this biggest failure. That's because I don't knee-jerk about a staff that has coached together for 12 years and made it to Omaha 6 times.

Your "evidence" was that lesser Miami teams (like 2011, 2013) lost to better and/or national seed programs.

It was laughable then and it's laughable now.

What the.....did you just stop at 2011 and 2013? We have lost to end the season for 16 straight years. And did you just completely skip over 2012 as evidence that the program was in trouble?

Somehow, in a year in which we inexplicably got shut out by Dartmouth twice, had the worst offense in power-conference baseball, and managed to completely miss the tournament, you're going to show up with a new screen name to announce that I am "incomprehensibly wrong on pretty much everything"??? Even though my posts in previous years predicted this very event?

Yes, because it has the benefit of being true.

You said the 2015 team wouldn't be a national seed and wouldn't get to Omaha.

You said the 2016 team wouldn't be a national seed and wouldn't get to Omaha.

I don't recall you saying that the streak would end in 2017 but let's be charitable and give that to you.

So you're 33% accuracy has you prancing around as if you called something?

Typically laughable.

Yes, because it has the benefit of being true.

You said the 2015 team wouldn't be a national seed and wouldn't get to Omaha.

You said the 2016 team wouldn't be a national seed and wouldn't get to Omaha.

I don't recall you saying that the streak would end in 2017 but let's be charitable and give that to you.

So you're 33% accuracy has you prancing around as if you called something?

Typically laughable.

As it turns out, it doesn't matter that we were national seeds in those years because we were eventually going to run into a quality baseball team. You can't play VCU and Stetson all the way to a national title.

You thought the program was sailing along just fine.

From 2014-16:

144 wins, 3 straight Coastal Division titles, 2 ACC Regular Season Championships, 2 National Seeds, 2 CWS Appearances.

According to Jagr, this is decline because of 2017.

Rosters turn over a lot in baseball. All it takes is the draft (Abreu, Collins, Heyward), bad luck (Kep Brown, Hunter Tackett), recruiting misses (several) injuries (Admitis) and you're in a rut.

Nobody, as far as I can tell, has praised the coaching staff for roster management in 2017.

Advertisement
Back