If Deriq tore his ACL...

1. Don’t think it was the loss. Perry played good enough to win.
2. assuming the worst, the Bama game is now a loss.
3. I also assume Lashlee and king had and agreement to both come back, Lashlee leave now?
4. How many upperclassmen were planning on returning, now to say ***** it.
5. Portal qb?
6. Star wr for the other team quit middle of game. Was it after the king injury? Got spooked?
7. Keeps Perry here another year?

Folks, relax. RL is not going to leave because King tore his ACL; these folks are adults, not hysterical children. The team knows we need more OL and WR options. We are 2-3 of those away from being great. Now the defense...

Advertisement
What's our ceiling for next year? Can one of the 3 of Nkosi, Garcia, and Van Dyke emerge and also flourish in Lashlee's system with a year of experience with it? Can our defense return to top 25 level with a new DC, impact transfers at key positions, and an influx of freshman talent like Taylor and Williams? What do u guys think. I'm really hoping Deriq's injury isn't serious but I'm praying for the best and preparing for the worst on this one.
Id be shocked if he didn't. All the Twitter doctors who are actual doctors said it looked like a ACL tear and they are usually spot on.

Do you think he's going to be in some isolated Clean Room away from the world? He will be able to do everything except practice until sometime in the late summer/fall camp. Plenty to improve on outside of the physical side of things
What the **** you think spring and summer is??? It’s practice‼️ **** he had the playbook already. QBs get better with reps not reading.

Advertisement
This is the same knee he tore his meniscus when he was at Houston, correct? Curious how "clean" that knee is from any prior surgery.

What the **** you think spring and summer is??? It’s practice‼️ **** he had the playbook already. QBs get better with reps not reading.

Jesus Christ that is some outdated "you gotta GRIND on GREENTREE to get better!!!!!!" BS.

Missing practice will absolutely hurt. But there's plenty to improve on outside of practice, especially coming off a year where you missed all of spring and summer, had an abbreviated fall camp, and then a season where players were in and out the lineup for games and practice. Lashlee himself admitted they had to streamline the offense conceptually because of the limited install time. Now we have a full year to add layers to the offense. King won't miss out on that

N'Kosi Perry just had one of the best pocket passing games at Miami in 15 years and he's not good enough?

Exactly. He has to take all of the first team reps until King comes back. I would venture a guess that he's the starter week 1 against Bama unless Manny chooses to go the portal route.

Jesus Christ that is some outdated "you gotta GRIND on GREENTREE to get better!!!!!!" BS.

Missing practice will absolutely hurt. But there's plenty to improve on outside of practice, especially coming off a year where you missed all of spring and summer, had an abbreviated fall camp, and then a season where players were in and out the lineup for games and practice. Lashlee himself admitted they had to streamline the offense conceptually because of the limited install time. Now we have a full year to add layers to the offense. King won't miss out on that

Honestly, all of this is making me feel a lot better than I did last night when it happened. You make very good points.

Advertisement
I wonder if they bring in a Transfer
We better

So please explain to me what King did last off season that makes him want to run it back? What you think he did that for?

All because of a holding call that took 6 points off the board and would have given us enough points to win the game as it turned out.
Orange Bowl cursed.

Already film on Kosi. I cringe what Saban would do to him. For me either Garcia or TVD. At least there’s no film on them. Kosi is who he is.

Advertisement
The point being missed is, the whole purpose of King coming back was to get a full off season with Rhett. That’s not happening now. Next thing is, will TVD be ready week one to start? Perry isn’t the QB to lead this team to the ACC title or game. We definitely gotta go portal QB.
Agreed. King going down last night was the biggest headline of the day and major blow to the program. I’m not sold he will be ready by September, perhaps, October. Even IF he does start against Bama, how ready will he truly be? Diaz has big decisions coming up. Pray the TVD hype is real and or Garcia surprises us all. It’s 2020, major programs win with young QB’s all the time, now.

Agreed. King going down last night was the biggest headline of the day and major blow to the program. I’m not sold he will be ready by September, perhaps, October. Even IF he does start against Bama, how ready will he truly be? Diaz has big decisions coming up. Pray the TVD hype is real and or Garcia surprises us all. It’s 2020, major programs win with young QB’s all the time, now.
Right. That’s what I was thinking. Kaaya 2.0 time with a better defense... I guess smh. Baker gets owned by any decent OC.

Advertisement
Right. That’s what I was thinking. Kaaya 2.0 time with a better defense... I guess smh. Baker get owned by any decent OC.
If changes aren’t made on Defense then next season is over and King returning would be for nothing.

I have only read a few comments but from the looks of it King's leg is getting amputated?? Why does everyone assume he tore his ACL? There is zero news on this. Yes I get it's very possible he did but jesus...can we wait for the actual news?

I have only read a few comments but from the looks of it King's leg is getting amputated?? Why does everyone assume he tore his ACL? There is zero news on this. Yes I get it's very possible he did but jesus...can we wait for the actual news?
@OrangeBowlMagic says it’s an ACL, I’ll take his word for it. In addition, my eyes tell me his info is accurate.

Chances are if surgery goes well he's not really ready until Oct when ACC play starts which really is all that matters because we aren't beating Bama anyway.

Advertisement
Back