If Deriq tore his ACL...

anandris

Recruit
What's our ceiling for next year? Can one of the 3 of Nkosi, Garcia, and Van Dyke emerge and also flourish in Lashlee's system with a year of experience with it? Can our defense return to top 25 level with a new DC, impact transfers at key positions, and an influx of freshman talent like Taylor and Williams? What do u guys think. I'm really hoping Deriq's injury isn't serious but I'm praying for the best and preparing for the worst on this one.

Advertisement
1. Don’t think it was the loss. Perry played good enough to win.
2. assuming the worst, the Bama game is now a loss.
3. I also assume Lashlee and king had and agreement to both come back, Lashlee leave now?
4. How many upperclassmen were planning on returning, now to say ***** it.
5. Portal qb?
6. Star wr for the other team quit middle of game. Was it after the king injury? Got spooked?
7. Keeps Perry here another year?

Advertisement
Either way, what do you think our ceiling is without him?
As I have said before, I personally think he has been holding this offense back due to his accuracy issues, height and patience in the pocket. The receivers outside of Harley that keep getting the nod aren’t helping either. They are beyond ******... more like explosive diarrhea.

Advertisement
ACL Injuries have a lot of variability in recovery. Last year Amari Rodgers tore his ACL in Spring Ball and didn't miss a game. otoh JT Daniels needed a full year to be cleared.

Median recovery is 8-9 months.

I will play.

This is how things might unfold in 2021:

1. King suffers a torn ACL

2. Jordan and Harley go pro

3. King misses spring practice and focus on rehab.

4. Pope and Wiggins enter the Portal or are demoted and replaced by younger WRs.

5. King recovers quickly with no major setbacks.

6. King still misses a substantial amount of summer workouts and is unable to develop chemistry with the new WRs.

7. King misses the opener (we getting rolled by Bama either way)

8. King is held out of the OOC games to allow for “full recovery”

9. King makes first start against
conference opponent but is rusty.

10. [fill in the blanks]

Advertisement
I will play.

This is how things might unfold in 2021:

1. King suffers a torn ACL

2. Jordan and Harley go pro

3. King misses spring practice and focus on rehab.

4. Pope and Wiggins enter the Portal or are demoted and replaced by younger WRs.

5. King recovers quickly with no major setbacks.

6. King still misses a substantial amount of summer workouts and is unable to develop chemistry with the new WRs.

7. King misses the opener (we getting rolled by Bama either way)

8. King is held out of the OOC games to allow for “full recovery”

9. King makes first start against
conference opponent but is rusty.

10. [fill in the blanks]

I'd be happy with King ready for ACC play. With how hard he works I'm sure he'll be effective when/if he is cleared.

Bama is a beatdown regardless, and we should be able to beat App State (lost their 4 year starter a QB) and a mediocre Mich St team without him

As I have said before, I personally think he has been holding this offense back due to his accuracy issues, height and patience in the pocket. The receivers outside of Harley that keep getting the nod aren’t helping either. They are beyond ******... more like explosive diarrhea.
African American Reaction GIF

3. I also assume Lashlee and king had and agreement to both come back, Lashlee leave now?
5. Portal qb?
6. Star wr for the other team quit middle of game. Was it after the king injury? Got spooked?
are you kidding me the office GIF

NOW a loss????

Advertisement
5. Portal qb?
King won’t be ready to play by September. Just awful luck.

Advertisement
Back