If Butch was hired instead of Richt

Advertisement
Lmao so Butch was responsible for Jimmy and Erickson winning 🤣🤣..I honestly remember ppl said the same about Saban and Kirby smart when they were together ..which ofc was wrong
I appreciate your red herring. Thank you. 🤗 please continue with your love of the last 15 years of college football.

Howard started it. Butch was Jimmys talent finder and built the roster that won Jimmys ring. He built the teams Erickson won with. He built Cookers team. FWIW if you think his 71-51 record is what defines Butch, than you don’t know **** about Miami football. FWIW he took us off of probation 35 ships down and put us BACK. The “BACK” you don’t know anything about.
Boar.....what the ****...let's just pluck Schnelly out of retirement. Give him a new sport coat, and pipe, and tell him to do his magic on these Canes......that would show them.......

Funny clip. I hope you realize ALMOST EVERY TIME YOU talk about Miami’s history, you’re for the most part, talking about Butch Davis

Because even under Jimmy Johnson - Butch was the primary evaluator and recruiter - he left UM every Thursday to hit the road - FOR JIMMY!

So, he was mostly responsible for Jimmy Johnson's team - and those players were turned over to Dennis Erickson - and THEN Butch had to start over for himself - and managed to recruit the best college team of all time - while under sanctions!

Some here - don't know their sh** from strawberries.

Because even under Jimmy Johnson - Butch was the primary evaluator and recruiter - he left UM every Thursday to hit the road - FOR JIMMY!

So, he was mostly responsible for Jimmy Johnson's team - and those players were turned over to Dennis Erickson - and THEN Butch had to start over for himself - and managed to recruit the best college team of all time - while under sanctions!

right everyone glosses over he was the recruiter under JJ.

when the U part 2 came out there was a belief that it was destiny and he would returned. even herbstreit said he wanted it.
My friend has a kid at FSU right now that said if butch came back, he was going t oUM because he knows butch would get him to NFL.
He was at ESPN traveling and picking coaches brains on the evolution of the game.

Richt i wont bash too hard. i thought hiring a burned out perennial underachiever was a bad move but the guy was man enough to realize the game passed him by.

Advertisement

lmfao

Good points, but sanctions were long over when he built that team. While under sanctions we got pummeled on the regular by every good team we played.

Good points, but sanctions were long over when he built that team. While under sanctions we got pummeled on the regular by every good team we played.
well we werent that deep yet and we had a QB issue because Kenny Kelly wasnt fully commited football and james jackson got a bad injury. i agree though, 1998 we should have been better. IMO, no way Oklahmoa was beating that 1999 team though.

Advertisement
I appreciate your red herring. Thank you. 🤗 please continue with your love of the last 15 years of college football.
A man, I’m just here to help belligerent fans like yourself living 25 years in the past..tryna cure the fan base of the Michigan syndrome 😊

Advertisement

A man, I’m just here to help belligerent fans like yourself living 25 years in the past..tryna cure the fan base of the Michigan syndrome 😊
im going to guess you never watched a Jimmy, Howard or Dennis team. I’m almost sure you never saw the 1999-2002 teams

Advertisement
In what world is Butch better than Richt? Butch needed a pro bowl team to go 11-1

richt had a one loss regular season with malik rosier lmfao

Advertisement
Back