If Butch was hired instead of Richt

Advertisement
Keep living in lala land butch isn't coming back.but I do wish we could find a young hc with butch s intangibles.Problem with this is with the mess this team is in.are fans going to allow a good young hc build the foundation for sustaining a winning program or would you want another one hit wonder like clappy(coker) aka elephant ears.

He b

he helped to build Jummy’s Teams, certainly built Erickson’s teams and help to build the Cowboys with Jimmy. Truly the best evaluator of talent in my lifetime. What he did at UNC... you’ve got to be kidding me.
Meanwhile, FIU is now as respectable as they can hope to be because of him. Instead, we'll suck for a while, then hire Mario, who didn't do squat at FIU.

I'm not a hardcore BBB guy. Realistically, Butch will never be back here, but I'd take him over Mario and, right now, Manny.

I'd love to see this all turn around and just be a rocky start on our road to our next turn as the dominant team, but it sure doesn't feel like its possible. It feels more like Shannon, the sequel.

Advertisement
Where would we be right now. I know one thing for sure... we be ******* loaded with talent!!!! LOADED
From 2008 to 2014 – Davis was the head coach from 2007 through 2010 – no school in the ACC had more players selected in the first round than UNC
He left them full for four years after he moved on. Just like he did at Miami TWICE
There are a lot posters on this board who are very invested in debunking Butch, but the bottomline is - the administration blew it when they hired Richt over Butch. Looking back at it, how many non-hater, logical thinkers actually believe that Butch wouldn't have the program in a much stronger position than it was under Richt and is currently under Manny.

It is what it is. What happened happened and that ship has sailed, but it's pretty obvious that Butch would've been a major upgrade to Richt.

Whatever. It's Manny's time to prove everyone wrong and for the moment, I'm rooting for him.

When I talke about Miami’s history I talk about Rings..best coaches in our history are Jimmy, schellney, and a Erickson..In that order Butch was 71-51 at Miami and built a great roster..but Miami’s history of winning starts with the 3 before him
Howard started it. Butch was Jimmys talent finder and built the roster that won Jimmys ring. He built the teams Erickson won with. He built Cookers team. FWIW if you think his 71-51 record is what defines Butch, than you don’t know **** about Miami football. FWIW he took us off of probation 35 ships down and put us BACK. The “BACK” you don’t know anything about.

you guys rag on BD and we have not been worth a **** since he left, 4th coach now ?? none of em can coach, recruit, evaluate jack, what the *** is wrong w yall. Yea Butch aint the best coach in the world, he's just way better than anything we're gonna get, how many coaches we gotta run through till you understand that. Buncha stupid teenage motherfukers on here i swear, dont know nothin but some stats, and btw he has some unbelievable stats that will never be matched, and there all good stats not bad ones. Not Saban, not Urban, not ANYBODY will ever match those, and we have a shot to get this guy and yall want Al ***** Golden, or lame *** Mork Richt, Manny Diaz, all who have never done a ***** thing. The football IQ of this board is pathetic

Advertisement
There are a lot posters on this board who are very invested in debunking Butch, but the bottomline is - the administration blew it when they hired Richt over Butch. Looking back at it, how many non-hater, logical thinkers actually believe that Butch wouldn't have the program in a much stronger position than it was under Richt and is currently under Manny.

It is what it is. What happened happened and that ship has sailed, but it's pretty obvious that Butch would've been a major upgrade to Richt.

Whatever. It's Manny's time to prove everyone wrong and for the moment, I'm rooting for him.
Fantastic post. Sad and true. 🙌

Where would we be right now. I know one thing for sure... we be ******* loaded with talent!!!! LOADED
From 2008 to 2014 – Davis was the head coach from 2007 through 2010 – no school in the ACC had more players selected in the first round than UNC
He left them full for four years after he moved on. Just like he did at Miami TWICE
We would have no Indoor practice facility

Advertisement
Advertisement
We would have no Indoor practice facility
who the F cares, does that win ball games, obviously not. When we were winning we didnt have jack, worse facilities ever, but we kicked people's ***. When you have South Beach, Miami beach, the Keys, the best night scene in america with fine women everywhere in bikini's you dont need nothin else. These 18 yr old guys have one thing on their mind, puzzy !! and we have more than anybody with Texas a distant second, well SC aint bad either

Meanwhile, FIU is now as respectable as they can hope to be because of him. Instead, we'll suck for a while, then hire Mario, who didn't do squat at FIU.

I'm not a hardcore BBB guy. Realistically, Butch will never be back here, but I'd take him over Mario and, right now, Manny.

I'd love to see this all turn around and just be a rocky start on our road to our next turn as the dominant team, but it sure doesn't feel like its possible. It feels more like Shannon, the sequel.
1-3 in year 4 with losses to New Hampshire, La tech and western Kentucky with a roster full of Butch South Florida diamonds in the rough..respectful

1-3 in year 4 with losses to New Hampshire, La tech and western Kentucky with a roster full of Butch South Florida diamonds in the rough..respectful
You expect much from FIU? They're never going to be great.

Advertisement
Back