I was wrong

Advertisement
true. but at the end of THIS game at least, the offense took it right down the field and the defense was unreal. how many times did they start with great field position and you think......oh oh. Not tonight

Man, I’m just hoping this feeling will resonate w these young men and they want to feel this type of feeling every weekend and they go and chase it!

Actually the last 2 drives were excellent. Loved the quick out routes. My problem is that we need to find an identity. We have way too many wasted possessions. I know it's tough with an offensive line as wretched as ours but we need to establish something. Anything!

They played 10 yards off and bailed the whole game and it took over 3 quarters to hit some stop routes.....

Advertisement
Ugly, yes.

Questionable playcalling offensively, yes.

A win, yes. I'll take it. Had they given it away at the end, it would've been soul crushing for the team.

Going to leave it at that. Way to gut it out young men.

A win against a ranked opponent, I'm happy.

/offense still sucks and this was probably a big fluke until proven otherwise

I think u are discrediting UVAs defense.

We are still leaving plays on the field. But that’s a good unit.

So serious question:

What the **** was Amari Carter supposed to do? Let the guy catch the ball?

Amari had his body completely turned away from the WR. Nothing more he could have done once the receiver lowered his head.

I lost it. The last two weeks our QB has been hit helmet to helmet with no targeting and when that was called... I threw everything in sight

Advertisement
Amari had his body completely turned away from the WR. Nothing more he could have done once the receiver lowered his head.

I lost it. The last two weeks our QB has been hit helmet to helmet with no targeting and when that was called... I threw everything in sight
Yeah I mean, I’m all for avoiding those vicious head to head cheap shots but at some point it’s like...it’s unavoidable

Advertisement
They played 10 yards off and bailed the whole game and it took over 3 quarters to hit some stop routes.....
Funny you mention that. I was going to add exactly that to my post you quoted but I decided to lay off. You are absolutely right. It's just mind boggling that it took us until the 4th quarter to exploit that.

I'm ecstatic that we won. I really am. Here I am trying to be positive and enjoy the win then yoi point this out because it's obvious! Even in victory this garbage staff still manages to put a damper on things. Still I'm glad we won! On to Georgia Tech.

Funny you mention that. I was going to add exactly that to my post you quoted but I decided to lay off. You are absolutely right. It's just mind boggling that it took us until the 4th quarter to exploit that.

I'm ecstatic that we won. I really am. Here I am trying to be positive and enjoy the win then point this out because it's obvious! Even in victory this garbage staff still manages to put a damper on things. Still I'm glad we won! On to Georgia Tech.

Yeah I need to stop moping and enjoy the win.

If we keep getting coaching mistakes like this, there won’t be many to celebrate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back