I was wrong

kryptonite

AARP
Coaching is the most important piece of a winning program.

I spent a lot of time telling people how important talent is, but now I see it's coaching that's most important. Not that talent doesn't' matter, but the big three in florida tell the tale. We've all got talent, **** fsu is the most talented team in the ACC, and we're decent, decent, and terrible. If you want to reach the top, you need that 50%+ blue chip ratio, but no matter what your expectation, you need that coaching.

Bottom line: you can be real good with great coaching and average players, but fsu proves that great players and average coaching leads to a craptastic team.

Advertisement

I spent a lot of time telling people how important talent is, but now I see it's coaching that's most important. Not that talent doesn't' matter, but the big three in florida tell the tale. We've all got talent, **** fsu is the most talented team in the ACC, and we're decent, decent, and terrible. If you want to reach the top, you need that 50%+ blue chip ratio, but no matter what your expectation, you need that coaching.

Bottom line: you can be real good with great coaching and average players, but fsu proves that great players and average coaching leads to a craptastic team.

Clemson would like a word with you.

Clemson would like a word with you.
Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 10.21.02 PM.png

Now ol' Buddy boy is an fsu cuck for sure, but I'm guessing his numbers are legit.

View attachment 96039

Now ol' Buddy boy is an fsu cuck for sure, but I'm guessing his numbers are legit.

Listen man. I don't care what Bud Elliott or the rest of these cuck writers want to get people believing. FSU is not more talented than Clemson.

Listen man. I don't care what Bud Elliott or the rest of these cuck writers want to get people believing. FSU is not more talented than Clemson.
Based on what? Performance?

Everybody agrees with you there, but the numbers are what they are. fsu still has more 4/5* guys than Clemson. That's just a fact. But that's not even what's important. The point is that they've got similar amounts of talent and vastly different outcomes. Same goes for Miami. We can out-talent almost every team we play, but we still don't win all the games.

Advertisement

Leach proves you can be a great coach, but without the horses you can't win big.

It is probably 75% talent 25% Xs and Os. Saban is far from a great Xs and Os guys. Neither is Dabo.

Advertisement

Everybody agrees with you there, but the numbers are what they are. fsu still has more 4/5* guys than Clemson. That's just a fact. But that's not even what's important. The point is that they've got similar amounts of talent and vastly different outcomes. Same goes for Miami. We can out-talent almost every team we play, but we still don't win all the games.

The difference is the positions of their talent.

Obviously no thinks a team of 75% 5 star QBs is going to win a NC. FSUs talent is not nearly dispersed as well as Clemson. Also, Willie is just beyond bad. He is not a normal "bad coach".

Leach proves you can be a great coach, but without the horses you can't win big.

It is probably 75% talent 25% Xs and Os. Saban is far from a great Xs and Os guys. Neither is Dabo.
So what about Miami and fsu? We're sitting here with more talent than 98% of the NCAA and we can't regularly win 10 games. What about PSU? What have they done with their gaudy blue chip ratio? When was USC's last NC? They don't have to go through bama, so what's their excuse?

Because numbers without performance from players are what make busts. Rankings are based on HS performance. You have to keep progressing or else they become fraudulent.

The difference is the positions of their talent.

Obviously no thinks a team of 75% 5 star QBs is going to win a NC. FSUs talent is not nearly dispersed as well as Clemson. Also, Willie is just beyond bad. He is not a normal "bad coach".
You know what? That's fair. I think being heavy on DL and OL blue chip guys is more important than people realize, and we all agree that Willy is pure garbage.

Advertisement
Because numbers without performance from players are what make busts. Rankings are based on HS performance. You have to keep progressing or else they become fraudulent.
They become fraudulent in individual cases. For a whole team, over time, they tell the truth. Statistics my friend.

So what about Miami and fsu? We're sitting here with more talent than 98% of the NCAA and we can't regularly win 10 games. What about PSU? What have they done with their gaudy blue chip ratio? When was USC's last NC? They don't have to go through bama, so what's their excuse?

We are the number 18th most talented team in the country. I can see us finishing right around 15-20th. FSUs talent is not dispersed well and they have an absolute terrible HC. Like All time bad head coach. USC only has 6 5 stars. Clemson and Bama both have more than them, so do a few other teams. Penn State is number 10, but they also play in a conference with 2 teams ahead of them talent wise.

When was the last time Leach won an NC?

They become fraudulent in individual cases. For a whole team, over time, they tell the truth. Statistics my friend.

Would that lead you to believe that statistically they would be able to overcome bad coaching then? over a set time.

Advertisement
Op Had that chart waiting for the first person to byte. That chart is bs, the star ratings these sites have are bogus, Clemson CLEARLY has the best talent in the acc and it’s not even close.

I do agree that coaching is what separates the contenders from pretenders.

You know what? That's fair. I think being heavy on DL and OL blue chip guys is more important than people realize, and we all agree that Willy is pure garbage.

Don't get me wrong. Both are important, but in CFB recruiting is definitely more important. You see it every year. Coaches getting by just on talent alone. Even FSU, without that talent Willie is going 0-12, but he is able to just out talent some of these teams. The best Xs and Os guys that don't have elite talent never even come close to the playoffs. Look at Kirby. Absolute Corch, but he just has so much talent. Look at the difference between Richt with all the talent in the world and when he got to Miami and didn't have all that talent.

Where do you get that "Fsu is the most talented team in the ACC" from, coach richt beat em twice, and once before gumbo left!

Advertisement
Back