I told yall muddasuckas last week NOT TO PANIC about the offense! This defense doe...

Mostly agree but although our d line seems unable to keep gap integrity we can't ignore that they're held on a lot of runs with no flag ever being thrown too
Yea but this has always been true so we can’t hope for a flag I love the scheme with the DL but they have to tweak it a bit for early downs so we’re not getting gashed. Thomas and Joe Jack used to hold the edges on the early downs that’s what we need more of

Advertisement
Yea but this has always been true so we can’t hope for a flag I love the scheme with the DL but they have to tweak it a bit for early downs so we’re not getting gashed. Thomas and Joe Jack used to hold the edges on the early downs that’s what we need more of
Agree, definitely need to start setting the age rather than solely penetrating forward upfield.

This ☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻 Felt this was the entire game plan. Make him take all of the short stuff and team tackle. You ask why blitz 6 and not man up.....because those 3 stars all run 4.4’s. Don’t think our bigger corners would stand a chance. I personally loved the game plan. kept a safety back all game, gave up the run but we weren’t going to give up any big passes over the top which is what they want. Made them methodically drive down the field for most of their pts. Manny’s defense is always hunting for TFL’s. How many drives stop after a tfl on 1st down Or a penalty. Another reason for the soft zone is you’re facing an athletic QB. Can’t just man up across the board or he’ll take off. Defense kept everything in front of them and kept the QB from long runs. Linebacker play should improve as they year goes on because most of them have 0 experience.
**** this a good explanation

Agree, definitely need to start setting the age rather than solely penetrating forward upfield.
Yea I’m not saying scrap the whole thing just have the DEs play more sound if it’s not an obvious pass and the run d would be a whole lot better to help our LBs who aren’t shaq or Pink

Advertisement
I was explain that it would have been worse. So we took it out of their hands. Game was never in doubt.
It looked like the 3rd quarter we were trying to give Louisville the momentum. Twice it became a 7 point game. We're fortunate Lashlee wouldn't allow it.

Yea I’m not saying scrap the whole thing just have the DEs play more sound if it’s not an obvious pass and the run d would be a whole lot better to help our LBs who aren’t shaq or Pink
I have a feeling former d line coach Simpson played a big part in technically teaching them how to set the edge effectively but that's just an educated guess on my part

I have a feeling former d line coach Simpson played a big part in technically teaching them how to set the edge effectively but that's just an educated guess on my part
Personally I think it’s more of an explosiveness issue with these DEs compared to Joe Jack and Chat Thomas. They were more of power DEs so they naturally set the edges

Advertisement
Good write up. One thing I have to question is the constant reminder that they are a bunch of 3 stars. Who cares? A good offense is a good offense, regardless of recruiting rankings.

Not saying they are Clemson but they have quality skill position guys and a nice scheme to take advantage of them. I dont really care if Tutu Atwell was a 3*, that means nothing now. He is an electric college player.

Great write up Coach!!

I see the same issues, our LBs are average and do not have enough impact plays, which very well could be because no DL needs to be doubled. The outside zone/stretch play will kill us all years. They had 6-7 yards a carry. What will the likes of Clemson do?

Our DBs... let’s talk about the CBs because it’ll be quick. We are paper thin AND just not that good. Might be a mix of talent, scheme and coaching, but right now we just don’t play too well. Maybe it’s also just me thinking Miami should have at least one shutdown corner on its roster.
Safety’s... man, they are a mixed bag, but Bubba played really really well today. Besides covering Tutu 1-on-1, which he just shouldn’t be asked to do. Really glad we have Bubba back there to be honest the rest is very up and down.

besides the scheme I really think it’s time to move on and get someone in that can recruit the s&*t out of the CB position

This ☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻 Felt this was the entire game plan. Make him take all of the short stuff and team tackle. You ask why blitz 6 and not man up.....because those 3 stars all run 4.4’s. Don’t think our bigger corners would stand a chance. I personally loved the game plan. kept a safety back all game, gave up the run but we weren’t going to give up any big passes over the top which is what they want. Made them methodically drive down the field for most of their pts. Manny’s defense is always hunting for TFL’s. How many drives stop after a tfl on 1st down Or a penalty. Another reason for the soft zone is you’re facing an athletic QB. Can’t just man up across the board or he’ll take off. Defense kept everything in front of them and kept the QB from long runs. Linebacker play should improve as they year goes on because most of them have 0 experience.
What?

How do you love a game plan that gave up 34 points (28 in the second half) and over 500 yards of offense?

And your assumption about the game plan makes no sense. I've been doing this for 13 years. Never met a coach on any level that was okay with being nickel-and-dimed all the way down the field.

Manny’s Diaz defense while was pretty Good and disruptive when he was the DC already had flaws but now Blake baker has made the defense soft and even more exploitable. Diaz needs to step in before the Clemson game asap. Again diaz is not perfect but it’s much better than what baker puts out there on a weekly basis

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good write up. One thing I have to question is the constant reminder that they are a bunch of 3 stars. Who cares? A good offense is a good offense, regardless of recruiting rankings.

Not saying they are Clemson but they have quality skill position guys and a nice scheme to take advantage of them. I dont really care if Tutu Atwell was a 3*, that means nothing now. He is an electric college player.
Talent doesn't matter?

This was an awesome write up. Thank you!

I will say this, if FSU next week looks some what competent, Manny will need to take over for the Clemson game. Manny should be able to focus on HC duties but Blake is Denofrio.

You fix the offense and now the defense is the issue. Unbelievable!
This should come to no surprise for anyone. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. Will Manny fix it? I sure hope so.

Advertisement
If OUR offense scored 34 and had over 500 yards against a major P5 opponent we'd be sucking Lashlee's meat popsicle and clowning the opposing team's DC.

But when it happens to us by a team full of second tier recruits "it was the game plan".

Lol I can't with y'all.
That last TD was in garbage time

Only thing I’d ask you to clarify is what you saw of the LBs. I haven’t re-watched, but I saw a lot more up and down play than you seemed to see. There were some real lows there.
I'm gonna re-watch the game later and be more specific. I just know they're not being done any favors up front.

Advertisement
Back