I told yall muddasuckas last week NOT TO PANIC about the offense! This defense doe...

Advertisement
It's no way on God's green earth we beat Clemson with this defense. Just no way at all. Y'all mfs neg can down vote all y'all want but it's true. We gave up over 500 yards on offense which is extremely alarming.

You're right, but you're looking at it the wrong way. We gave up 6 in the first half. Would you take 6 in the first half against Clamson? The D has a habit this season of giving up late. Yes, if we do that against Clemson, we lose. Along with all the other things we do that will get us beat against Clemson.

IMO I thought cis got what they wanted with this defense. We finally lined up and played more ma coverage and did less stunting with the line Didn’t call as many zone blitz and just let guys play.

The defensive effort to me took a nose dive once we got up by 17.

And even though the Dline was getting upfield they allowed the ball carrier to escape though small holes.

This is purely a wild guess but it seemed like with a big lead we were content to play soft D’onoforio Style defense with the intent of just not giving up Quick scores.
This ☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻 Felt this was the entire game plan. Make him take all of the short stuff and team tackle. You ask why blitz 6 and not man up.....because those 3 stars all run 4.4’s. Don’t think our bigger corners would stand a chance. I personally loved the game plan. kept a safety back all game, gave up the run but we weren’t going to give up any big passes over the top which is what they want. Made them methodically drive down the field for most of their pts. Manny’s defense is always hunting for TFL’s. How many drives stop after a tfl on 1st down Or a penalty. Another reason for the soft zone is you’re facing an athletic QB. Can’t just man up across the board or he’ll take off. Defense kept everything in front of them and kept the QB from long runs. Linebacker play should improve as they year goes on because most of them have 0 experience.

You're right, but you're looking at it the wrong way. We gave up 6 in the first half. Would you take 6 in the first half against Clamson? The D has a habit this season of giving up late. Yes, if we do that against Clemson, we lose. Along with all the other things we do that will get us beat against Clemson.
We are also rotating a TON of guys in. Especially on the front 7. Back to back games a lot of late yards given up by the younger guys getting experience.

Right? Because Manny is not absolutely and without question running the D.

LMAO. We aren’t blitzing from the same depth. There’s no rhyme or reason to our blitz packages. I can’t recall when we last sent a short side blitz from the corner. Manny got away from numerous dumb *** zone packages as a DC too. All of that has changed.

AND FINALLY - PLAY-CALLING MATTERS!!!! When, where, why, and how we execute matters. You can clearly see the difference. We’re not just talking concepts here.

Advertisement
We won’t win against Clemson. Save yourself that heartbreak now. The defense is good enough to win the rest of the games on the schedule though. We will need to make changes next offseason for sure
Caling it now the upset of 2020. Lashlee is the perfect OC to make Venerables pay for that over aggressive style defense. A shootout if we win a close game if we lose

Caling it now the upset of 2020. Lashlee is the perfect OC to make Venerables pay for that over aggressive style defense. A shootout if we win a close game if we lose
Does Venerables play an over aggressive defense? I don't know, he has the talent to create mismatches and the smarts to take advantage of it. IMO, over aggressive is throwing caution to the wind and artificially trying to create a mismatch.

Even if we can, the edge in those types of games (shoot outs) goes to the team that plays smarter down the stretch. Which team do you think has the higher football IQ?

While I agree with you on like 90% of your recap - focusing on a "bunch of 3 star kids" from UL is a rather weak point.

One of their most recent 3 star players just won the NFL MVP.

They got some athletes on their team but more importantly they develop talent. If Miami could develop and maximize the talent of our recruiting classes we'd be top 10 every year.
Yea, the bunch of 3 star kids doesn’t make sense. They have NFL talent on offense at WR and RB. Period.

Advertisement
I do not hear many people mentioning this but that is probably the best OL our defense will have to face all year.

Clemson's is good but they are still suspect to me since they have not started too many games together.
That same OL averages 3.8 ypc against WKU last week. Their OL is not that great. They also lost a top 10 pick and replaced him with a RS frosh.

You make great points bruh but honestly do u think we survive with this "bend but don't break" defense? Better teams like Clemson for example will make us pay mightily with this Swiss cheese defensive scheme
You're right, but you're looking at it the wrong way. We gave up 6 in the first half. Would you take 6 in the first half against Clamson? The D has a habit this season of giving up late. Yes, if we do that against Clemson, we lose. Along with all the other things we do that will g

Advertisement
OL is the biggest crap shoot in terms of stars. You don’t need a OL full of 4 and 5 stars to have a good OL.
No doubt. But we had our DL shooting for tackles for loss letting the OL get to the second level walling off LBs. DL is the strength of our defense, they didn't have to be used that way.

This ☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻 Felt this was the entire game plan. Make him take all of the short stuff and team tackle. You ask why blitz 6 and not man up.....because those 3 stars all run 4.4’s. Don’t think our bigger corners would stand a chance. I personally loved the game plan. kept a safety back all game, gave up the run but we weren’t going to give up any big passes over the top which is what they want. Made them methodically drive down the field for most of their pts. Manny’s defense is always hunting for TFL’s. How many drives stop after a tfl on 1st down Or a penalty. Another reason for the soft zone is you’re facing an athletic QB. Can’t just man up across the board or he’ll take off. Defense kept everything in front of them and kept the QB from long runs. Linebacker play should improve as they year goes on because most of them have 0 experience.
We play that soft zone and blitz 6 from far back no matter who we play. Those blitzes are often very telegraphed and they always leave the middle of the field open. There is always easy passes available.

Advertisement
Why do people continue to doubt that we don't have a chance against Clemson. Its like an average Syracuse team that play them tough 2 out 3 years had a seasoned qb, an ok defense and beat them a year they won it all and should of beat them the following year. C'mon fans have to be optimistic. Clemson offensive line has 3 new starters and their defense has alot of new faces. They opened up with two scrimmages and the first one wasn't impressive with an inexperienced qb on the other side they threw 1td and Lawrence run for 2 his self. Defensively they gave up 330 and like almost 300 yds passing so they have alot of flaws too! When we play them it will be about who executed their offense because i believe we can move the ball and put up pts

Defensively its cat and mouse where as Baker seems to make great calls for a series or two then disappear. My thoughts were that i believe he started using things we haven't seen before from him because of the lead the offense gave the defense which lead too us getting gashed. But don't forget holds and chop blocks that were not being called on 2 of Louisville tds in the 2nd half. Chop block on Phillips lead to i think Tutu td and on the stretch play were he reversed field Phillips was being held. Make those calls we are looking at 47-20 gm. This is my rant and we are in good shape to shake up the world. Go Canes!
Clemson is going to put 35 on our Defense, minimal. Unlike our overrated Defense, their Defense is legit. Last year, Clemson held this “elite offense” to 10 points and to 256 total yards. Stop excusing our performance last night. Baker was crushed once again. We are not beating Clemson full of 5 stars and good coaches.

Macho these guys are going to lose their fcking minds when clemson drop 50+ on baker.

I have no idea why some people are like, "oh ye we give up some points, but but but..." dude lawrence is gonna look like tom brady to randy moss all mother fcking day these guys just don't know.

baker is gonna get absolutely rocked, this is a certainty not a "could happen." 600+ yards could easily happen cuz we just let 517 happen.

You make great points bruh but honestly do u think we survive with this "bend but don't break" defense? Better teams like Clemson for example will make us pay mightily with this Swiss cheese defensive scheme

OK let's maybe forget that Baker is Manny as far as D is concerned. A big thing stood out to me tonight that had basically nothing to do with the game.

Over the last four seasons, Miami is/was tied with Wisconsin for the most takeaways.

Would you like a defense that averages the most takeaways in the country over four years?

If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?

I KNOW I WOULD

Advertisement
Back