I told yall muddasuckas last week NOT TO PANIC about the offense! This defense doe...

Coach Macho

aka Beardy Ryan
Lashlee is a fvckin' savage. Every time Louisville got some momentum that MF'er pulled something out of his bag of tricks. He did the same thing last week.
Any time someone scores on our defense my man gets that 7 points right back.

And like I told yall months ago, I know we're excited about Rooster and Chaney but that dude Cam AIN'T...NO...SLOUCH!
I'm tellin' ya. I saw it live when he made the entire D1 filled Daytona Mainland defense look like they were running in quick sand. Dude is sneaky fast.
How 'bout Lashlee setting up that 75 yard run by motioning the single WR to the other side, clearing the UL defense of an edge player...then BOOM. House call!

I told yall last week that we didn't see even 4.9% of the playbook versus UAB. Tonight we saw much much more. I imagine there's even more good **** to come next week.

I really wish that long Mallory play didn't get called back, cause that was some Jeremy Shockey type of **** he did. We are spoiled at the TE and RB position. The way Lashlee schemes things up to get the ball to Jordan, gotta love it.

Let's talk about this defense though fellas! SMH
A pretty decent first half but once UL's staff figured out WTF was going on, it was a lube-less a$$ raping.

I want to put something into perspective for yall.
Our defense got their a$$ handed to them by an offensive squad full of 3-star kids who had offers from the likes of Akron and North Dakota Tech A&M. (joking, but not entirely)
This game was a match-up off 2 outstanding OC's and a couple of out-matched Defensive Coordinators. Baker had absolutely no answer for UL in the second half. UL's QB, WR's and RB all got off on us. (all 3 star kids)

With that said...issues that I noticed...
(that will never get fixed)

Defensive Line
I think the jury is out on our DL. Outside Zone running plays kill us. We saw it in the UAB game, and we saw UL exploit it as well, big time. Reason being, our DL always get reached and can't maintain their gap. They get cut-off by the O-lineman in front of them and they try to "back door" everything. This often creates an extra gap for the LB's to defend and/or leaves them out to dry by allowing O-lineman to reach the next level. Go watch our defense and tell me how many times our LB's are actually running free. Rarely. That's why you will likely NEVER see a LB reach 100+ tackles in this defense. This is a product of a D-line that's told to play "vertical" i.e. just get straight up field. Don't get me wrong, it creates havoc and TFL's sometimes, but tonight it got us torched in the run game. (think I saw Roche get reached like 39 times tonight)
Any smart OC from here on out is simply gonna run outside zone plays and let our DL run themselves up-field and out of the play.

Linebackers
I thought McCloud played better today. He had one play where he was on some grown man ****. Lit up the blocker and the ball carrier on an outside run. He also forced that fumble on UL's QB towards the end of the game. You can still see how he's limited athletically at times. I thought Jennings showed a lack of instincts on a couple plays. Honestly, it's really hard for me to be too critical of the LB's though cause they get ZERO HELP. Nobody on the DL is requiring double-teams because (as I mentioned above) they're just running themselves up-field and through the back door. Our LB's have to deal with free-running O-linemen on a lot of plays.

Secondary
Here's where it gets ugly. The alignments, the assignments, just a plethora of **** that makes no sense.
1. You can't have Bubba Bolden covering Tutu freakin' Atwell one-on-one. That is all.
2. You can't play man coverage...with OUTSIDE leverage/alignment...and no help underneath. Multiple times tonight I saw a DB lined-up in man coverage with an outside alignment. The WR would simply run an in-breaking route for an uncontested catch. Go watch Tutu's long catch late in the game. Bolden is lined up OUTSIDE of him and Tutu just runs a post/deep cross, wide open. Same thing with a couple short/intermediate throws we gave up. On one particular play I saw Couch lined up OUTSIDE of a 2-WR bunch set (I believe)...in man coverage...and his WR simply ran an inside hitch for an easy 1st down. YOU'RE ALREADY BEAT PRE-SNAP WITH THAT ALIGNMENT.
3. Why the fvck do we blitz 6+ guys (from a mile away) and play zone behind it? We leave the middle of the field wide open. JUST FVCKIN PLAY MAN IF YOU'RE GONNA SEND 6! We blitz 6 guys our **** CB's are playing bail zone coverage, and any in-breaking route is wide open! (cause the CB's are playing an outside zone)
4. I saw zero effort to account for UL's most explosive player on every snap. On Tutu's TD late in the game, UL is in a trips (3x1) formation and Tutu is at the #3 WR spot. This is a fvckin' dead giveaway that they want to get him the ball. Do we have a Safety play over the top of him? Noooo. He runs vertical down the middle of the field and he's past the LB's in a split second. Their QB had to move around and couldn't throw it, but he was **** near unaccounted for. Would've been an easy TD. Ultimately he got open FOR A SECOND TIME and UL's QB was able to find him while scrambling. We made absolutely no effort to contain their most explosive offensive weapon. If you're creative there's ways to double a WR in basically any formation. I did last year in the play-offs versus Bryan Robinson. Dude had 5 TD's the week before, versus us 3 catches for 11 yards. If you KNOW an offense is insistent on getting the ball to a certain player, and that's where the majority of their explosive plays come from, you make a conscious effort to take him out of the game and force them to rely on their less talented players for 48 minutes. YOU DON'T JUST ALLOW THREE DIFFERENT OFFENSIVE PLAYERS TO HAVE CAREER DAYS ON YOUR DEFENSE! The fvck man?! We didn't stop any of their guys! LOL

Unfortunately I don't think any of this is gonna change. The defense will have some games better than others, but i fear that versus any team with a decent offense we are gonna find ourselves in a shoot-out. Thankfully we have Lashlee and King. But you can't really count on the offense to fire on all cylinders EVERY game. That usually doesn't happen.

For anybody who says "well Louisville is a good offensive team and we still won the game!" allow me to remind you that UL is playing with a bunch of 3-star kids. They are not playing with the same deck as Clemson.

Good win nonetheless. Love the **** offense. Should be a fun season!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lashlee is a fvckin' savage. Every time Louisville got some momentum that MF'er pulled something out of his bag of tricks. He did the same thing last week.

And like I told yall months ago, I know we're excited about Rooster and Chaney but that dude Cam AIN'T...NO...SLOUCH!
I'm tellin' ya. I saw it live when he made the entire D1 filled Daytona Mainland defense look like they were running in quick sand. Dude is sneaky fast.
How 'bout Lashlee setting up that 75 yard run by motioning the single WR to the other side, clearing the UL defense of an edge player...then BOOM. House call!

I told yall last week that we didn't see even 4.9% of the playbook versus UAB. Tonight we saw much much more. I imagine there's even more good **** to come next week.

I really wish that long Mallory play didn't get called back, cause that was some Jeremy Shockey type of **** he did. We are spoiled at the TE and RB position. The way Lashlee schemes things up to get the ball to Jordan, gotta love it.

A pretty decent first half but once UL's staff figured out WTF was going on, it was a lube-less a$$ raping.

Our defense got their a$$ handed to them by an offensive squad full of 3-star kids who had offers from the likes of Akron and North Dakota Tech A&M. (joking, but not entirely)
This game was a match-up off 2 outstanding OC's and a couple of out-matched Defensive Coordinators. Baker had absolutely no answer for UL in the second half. UL's QB, WR's and RB all got off on us. (all 3 star kids)

With that said...issue that I noticed...

Defensive Line
I think the jury is out on our DL. Outside Zone running plays kill us. We saw it in the UAB game, and we saw UL exploit it as well, big time. Reason being, our DL always get reached and can't maintain their gap. They get cut-off by the O-lineman in front of them and they try to "back door" everything. This often creates an extra gap for the LB's to defend and/or leaves them out to dry by allowing O-lineman to reach the next level. Go watch our defense and tell me how many times our LB's are actually running free. Rarely. That's why you will likely NEVER see a LB reach 100+ tackles in this defense. This is a product of a D-line that's told to play "vertical" i.e. just get straight up field. Don't get me wrong, it creates havoc and TFL's sometimes, but tonight it got us torched in the run game. (think I saw Roche get reached like 39 times tonight)
Any smart OC from here on out is simply gonna run outside zone plays and let our DL run themselves up-field and out of the play.

Linebackers
I thought McCloud played better today. He had one play where he was on some grown man ****. Lit up the blocker and the ball carrier on an outside run. He also forced that fumble on UL's QB towards the end of the game. You can still see how he's limited athletically at times. I thought Jennings showed a lack of instincts on a couple plays. Honestly, it's really hard for me to be too critical of the LB's though cause they get ZERO HELP. Nobody on the DL is requiring double-teams because (as I mentioned above) they're just running themselves up-field and through the back door. Our LB's have to deal with free-running O-linemen on a lot of plays.

Secondary
Here's where it gets ugly. The alignments, the assignments, just a plethora of **** that makes no sense.
1. You can't have Bubba Bolden covering Tutu freakin' Atwell one-on-one. That is all.
2. You can't play man coverage...with OUTSIDE leverage/alignment...and no help underneath. Multiple times tonight I saw a DB lined-up in man coverage with an outside alignment. The WR would simply run an in-breaking route for an uncontested catch. Go watch Tutu's long catch late in the game. Bolden is lined up OUTSIDE of him and Tutu just runs a post/deep cross, wide open. Same thing with a couple short/intermediate throws we gave up. On one particular play I saw Couch lined up OUTSIDE of a 2-WR bunch set (I believe)...in man coverage...and his WR simply ran an inside hitch for an easy 1st down. YOUR ALREADY BEAT PRE-SNAP WITH THAT ALIGNMENT.
3. Why the fvck do we blitz 6+ guys (from a mile away) and play zone behind it? We leave the middle of the field wide open. JUST FVCKIN PLAY MAN IF YOU'RE GONNA SEND 6! We blitz 6 guys our **** CB's are playing bail zone coverage, and any in-breaking route is wide open! (cause the CB's are playing an outside zone)
4. I saw zero effort to account for UL's most explosive player on every snap. On Tutu's TD late in the game, UL is in a trips (3x1) formation and Tutu is at the #3 WR spot. This is a fvckin' dead giveaway that they want to get him the ball. Do we have a Safety play over the top of him? Noooo. He runs vertical down the middle of the field and he's past the LB's in a split second. Their QB had to move around and couldn't throw it, but he was **** near unaccounted for. Would've been an easy TD. Ultimately he got open FOR A SECOND TIME and UL's QB was able to find him while scrambling. We made absolutely no effort to contain their most explosive offensive weapon. If you're creative there's ways to double a WR in basically any formation. I did last year in the play-offs versus Bryan Robinson. Dude had 5 TD's the week before, versus us 3 catches for 11 yards. If you KNOW an offense is insistent on getting the ball to a certain player, and that's where the majority of their explosive plays come from, you make a conscious effort to take him out of the game and force them to rely on their less talented players for 48 minutes. YOU DON'T JUST ALLOW THREE DIFFERENT OFFENSIVE PLAYERS TO HAVE CAREER DAYS ON YOUR DEFENSE! The fvck man?! We didn't stop any of their guys! LOL

Unfortunately I don't think any of this is gonna change. The defense will have some games better than others, but i fear that versus any team with a decent offense we are gonna find ourselves in a shoot-out. Thankfully we have Lashlee and King. But you can't really count on the offense to fire on all cylinders EVERY game. That usually doesn't happen.

For anybody who says "well Louisville is a good offensive team and we still won the game!" allow me to remind you that UL is playing with a bunch of 3-star kids. They are not playing with the same deck as Clemson.

Agree. Blitzing from a mile away makes no sense. We had open holes in the defense all night. We can’t do this and expect to win against Clemson.

1. Early award for Thread Title of the Year?
2. The notion of not even seeing 4.9% of the offense is crazy. Everyone knows you show your entire offense the first game you play against an opponent that doesn't matter. Yup.... I'm still at it.
3. The middle...? Uhhhh.... not really, but OK.
4. Who is this DB we have that is going to cover Atwell, who isn't named Al Blades? Is your argument for Couch?
5. Yeah, I gotta agree. Serious effort issues. My perspective is they're cultural, and it's gonna take a minute to rectify them, especially in the secondary.

You gotta remember the defense is effectively designed to give up the big play. The strategy is that it forces failed conversions or turnovers at a rate that exceeds the detriment of said big plays. The problem tonight is that the D quit in the fourth quarter. Same thing happened last week. I suspect it is the result of playing backups late in a game which we were up two scores.

Agree. Blitzing from a mile away makes no sense. We had open holes in the defense all night. We can’t do this and expect to win against Clemson.

I... uhhh...... whuu-...whuhuh.... what exactly can we do to expect to win against Clemson?

If your argument is anything but "have better players" and/or "have greater depth," I'm not entirely sure what you're after.

Advertisement

Defensive Line

Linebackers

Secondary
2. You can't play man coverage...with OUTSIDE leverage/alignment...and no help underneath. Multiple times tonight I saw a DB lined-up in man coverage with an outside alignment. The WR would simply run an in-breaking route for an uncontested catch. Go watch Tutu's long catch late in the game. Bolden is lined up OUTSIDE of him and Tutu just runs a post/deep cross, wide open. Same thing with a couple short/intermediate throws we gave up. On one particular play I saw Couch lined up OUTSIDE of a 2-WR bunch set (I believe)...in man coverage...and his WR simply ran an inside hitch for an easy 1st down. YOU'RE ALREADY BEAT PRE-SNAP WITH THAT ALIGNMENT.

I can't agree with u more coach! The defensive tackles.leave a lot to be desired as far as gap integrity. On a side note I was also at that C.C. vs mainland game in like 2017 and I seen what cam could do versus a team that is one of central Florida best teams EVERY year and us always loaded with D1 prospects.

IMO I thought cis got what they wanted with this defense. We finally lined up and played more ma coverage and did less stunting with the line Didn’t call as many zone blitz and just let guys play.

The defensive effort to me took a nose dive once we got up by 17.

And even though the Dline was getting upfield they allowed the ball carrier to escape though small holes.

This is purely a wild guess but it seemed like with a big lead we were content to play soft D’onoforio Style defense with the intent of just not giving up Quick scores.

I... uhhh...... whuu-...whuhuh.... what exactly can we do to expect to win against Clemson?

If your argument is anything but "have better players" and/or "have greater depth," I'm not entirely sure what you're after.
It's no way on God's green earth we beat Clemson with this defense. Just no way at all. Y'all mfs neg can down vote all y'all want but it's true. We gave up over 500 yards on offense which is extremely alarming.

Advertisement

Defensive Line

Linebackers

Secondary

While I agree with you on like 90% of your recap - focusing on a "bunch of 3 star kids" from UL is a rather weak point.

One of their most recent 3 star players just won the NFL MVP.

They got some athletes on their team but more importantly they develop talent. If Miami could develop and maximize the talent of our recruiting classes we'd be top 10 every year.

Last edited:
IMO I thought cis got what they wanted with this defense. We finally lined up and played more ma coverage and did less stunting with the line Didn’t call as many zone blitz and just let guys play.

The defensive effort to me took a nose dive once we got up by 17.

And even though the Dline was getting upfield they allowed the ball carrier to escape though small holes.

This is purely a wild guess but it seemed like with a big lead we were content to play soft D’onoforio Style defense with the intent of just not giving up Quick scores.
Defense look better in the first half for sure.

Why do people continue to doubt that we don't have a chance against Clemson. Its like an average Syracuse team that play them tough 2 out 3 years had a seasoned qb, an ok defense and beat them a year they won it all and should of beat them the following year. C'mon fans have to be optimistic. Clemson offensive line has 3 new starters and their defense has alot of new faces. They opened up with two scrimmages and the first one wasn't impressive with an inexperienced qb on the other side they threw 1td and Lawrence run for 2 his self. Defensively they gave up 330 and like almost 300 yds passing so they have alot of flaws too! When we play them it will be about who executed their offense because i believe we can move the ball and put up pts

Defensively its cat and mouse where as Baker seems to make great calls for a series or two then disappear. My thoughts were that i believe he started using things we haven't seen before from him because of the lead the offense gave the defense which lead too us getting gashed. But don't forget holds and chop blocks that were not being called on 2 of Louisville tds in the 2nd half. Chop block on Phillips lead to i think Tutu td and on the stretch play were he reversed field Phillips was being held. Make those calls we are looking at 47-20 gm. This is my rant and we are in good shape to shake up the world. Go Canes!

Advertisement
i said the same thing about the DBs from going to the game. It’s worse than on TV because you can see how wide *** open everyone is. Basically if we don’t get pressure it’s going to be a completion. Lawrence might as well just plus 7 on 7 that week

1. Early award for Thread Title of the Year?
2. The notion of not even seeing 4.9% of the offense is crazy. Everyone knows you show your entire offense the first game you play against an opponent that doesn't matter. Yup.... I'm still at it.
3. The middle...? Uhhhh.... not really, but OK.
4. Who is this DB we have that is going to cover Atwell, who isn't named Al Blades? Is your argument for Couch?
5. Yeah, I gotta agree. Serious effort issues. My perspective is they're cultural, and it's gonna take a minute to rectify them, especially in the secondary.

You gotta remember the defense is effectively designed to give up the big play. The strategy is that it forces failed conversions or turnovers at a rate that exceeds the detriment of said big plays. The problem tonight is that the D quit in the fourth quarter. Same thing happened last week. I suspect it is the result of playing backups late in a game which we were up two scores.
Exactly, they didn't start scoring a lot until the back ups came in. Also,no one seems to take into account how our defense stayed on the field in the third quarter because our offense scored soo fast.

Advertisement
Get a real DC and a lot of our fundamental issues go away immediately. We need a real defensive staff. This staff is all smoke and mirrors. Baker is no Manny.

In regards to LBs - there were quite a few times that I saw Jennings not get touched at all and still not tackle the running back. There was one fourth down where it was just Jennings and the running back and all he had to do was fill the hole. He simply played himself out of it. Simple read. He just didn’t slide in it.

Our DC/LB coach is ***.

Advertisement
Back