I think what drives us Canes fans crazy..

I expect these crackhead players to run the plays correctly
**** right.gif

Advertisement
I’m not sure they r playing both sides, & isolating Ivey is not really the litmus. Mario, when asked about things & in particularly this roster, have been transparent from day 1. He's said (in part): “I see some things that we’re doing well, but sometimes it feels like we’ve taking a step back in others. All in all we’re getting there, but we still have a long ways to go.”

That’s been a very consistent msg to us, & some on here was like “wooooooooo, 15-0 baaaaaabay!” We’ve heard WRs having drop issues, & after BCU & So Miss, both clean games from a hands stand point, & it was “woooooooooo; who said WRs r dropping balls (pause)??? They haven’t dropped a pass yet; over exaggerating! WE WANT A&M!!”

So I want say the staff can’t have it both ways, I’ll say fans hear & read what they want, ignoring all signs, INCLUDING a brotha like myself who said don’t fall for the Ivey talk until we see it in game. Some guys r beast in practice, but come Saturdays, they go shell shock.
And there in lies the rub. Coaches evaluation of players comes mostly from practice, starters on down. Some kids trying to learn the system thru practice may struggle, the starters breeze thru practice. Game time is head time. The toughest 6inches in a game of inches is between the ears. I’ll take an instinctive player making mistakes and learning before a player that “knows” the system in practice but repeatedly makes the same mistakes in the game. Growth is hard and taking the easy route never allows for growth. Give me a kid that plays to exceed his grasp. Not one the short arms to play safe. Just sayin’🙌🏽#CANESNATIONLIFER

Advertisement
Is that almost every year we are duped into thinking we are ‘back’ and we never meet the expectations made by professionals.

We’ve been picked to win the Coastal so many times from the experts, even this year - by almost everyone - it’s just mind-boggling how even those who make a living out of predicting these things get Miami so wrong so often. It’s like every year we consistently under-perform.

That’s what drives us all insane. We buy into the pre-season hype that even many experts share (not fan boys who wear orange and green glasses) and we are all let down. Has there been a more disappointing team in the last 20 years?

If we were fans of Duke or Virginia, at least we wouldn’t be expecting much. Predicting a .500 season - sometimes it’s better sometimes it’s not. With Miami, when you are picked to win your division year after year and never do so, at some point it’s just insanity to think it will happen. Spending $14,000,000.00 on an elite staff has done nothing except shown that you can build a smoke screen - fooling even the ‘experts’ who thought we were back.

I think that’s the most frustrating thing about Miami. We never meet expectations.

Sounds a segment of our fanbase is gullible.

Comparing our situation to usc just tells me you don’t know what you’re talking about man lol just do a lil research and it’s clear

you would argue any point with a wall because you have such a deep need to be right. May I suggest counseling?
Have no desire to be right. Dont care.

On this issue i just happen to be right. How many points have other teams scored against unc? How many did we?

Its simple math.

What would u like them to say to the public?

Reporter: “Tell us coach, how’s DJ Ivey doing & adjusting to the new scheme?”

Mario: “The guy is ***, yo. How did he get a scholly here? Nahhh, real ? to ya’ll; how did he get a scholly here?”

Reporter: “OKkkkk, so TVD is getting a lot of Heisman hype this off season, what has impressed u about him in ur short time here?”

Mario: “Impress me…the fact this **** don’t even have any of the WRs phone #’s, that’s impressive af. Like how tf r u the captain of a football team & ain’t got one muh fckin phone # of the guys u throwing the ball to?! Aye, Aye Gattis, question for u, my boy; When u was at the other UofM, did McNamara have phone #’s to the WRs on the team? (Gattis in the background: “**** yeah, Coach!) Ya’ll heard that right? So that’s most impressive to me; that a 3 yr guy ain’t called Tyrone or no body else this off season to put in that work.”

Reporter: “Mmmmm, well tell us about how Flagg is doing in the new scheme?”

Mario: “You talking Corey, right? He still slow af even though he’s lost weight, but he’s a bright kid, so he gone start regardless.”

I mean, is that what ya’ll wanna hear? Lol
You don't go out of your way to the Senior Bowl advisors about Ivey if you don't think he will produce. Did someone hold a gun on the staff and make them talk about Ivey?

Advertisement
Stop trolling.

Richts teams were way better coached. Not even close

What?

Richt had 4 guys on staff that were being paid as coaches for the first time, including his son coaching QBs.

Da Doink the WR coach did a better job teaching his guys how to block than OL coach did.

can’t wait until someone posts that Patke was a good ST coach.

USC undefeated with the same SOS as us so far into the season. Riley brought in Dye and Addison. We brought in Parrish and Ladson.

WTF?

Do you think that transfer portal is a **** grocery store? You think Mario went and said naw I don’t want the Jordan Addison the best WR in CFB and instead I will take Frank Ladsen? Jordan Addison was going to USC before it was even announced he entered the portal.

Travis Dye is from Southern California. He went home instead of going 3000 miles across the country.

What?

Richt had 4 guys on staff that were being paid as coaches for the first time, including his son coaching QBs.

Da Doink the WR coach did a better job teaching his guys how to block than OL coach did.

can’t wait until someone posts that Patke was a good ST coach.
Did i call them great coaches?

They were better coached than this team. Look at the ND game vs this year.

I’ll like to add that while USC have sucked for yrs, we’ve sucked much, much worst.

Riley’s predecessor was a corch, & said corch won 3 division titles, 1 conference title, played in 2 NY6 bowl games (won 1 of them), & won 2 bowl games, w/ a .657 win %

Mario’s predecessor was a corch, & said corch won literally nothing, w a .583 win %

Helton became coach of a SC team coming off a 10-4 season in 2013; SC have had four 10+ win seasons since 2010.

I wish this fan base would stop comparing us, b/c it’s literally not the same. The only thing that was the same was SC’s lack of support for their CFB program, and Nat’l title drought, but SC has accomplished way more than us during this drought, INCLUDING investing in taking over their playing field to generate more $$ for their AD. We ain’t the same…that includes both coach’s 1st yr start. One coach took over a roster built by his corch predecessor & the other brought his kids over that spoke the same language to replace his predecessor.
*sigh*

Advertisement
WTF?

Do you think that transfer portal is a **** grocery store? You think Mario went and said naw I don’t want the Jordan Addison the best WR in CFB and instead I will take Frank Ladsen? Jordan Addison was going to USC before it was even announced he entered the portal.

Travis Dye is from Southern California. He went home instead of going 3000 miles across the country.
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

You don't go out of your way to the Senior Bowl advisors about Ivey if you don't think he will produce. Did someone hold a gun on the staff and make them talk about Ivey?

That was b4 the season started, though. Ivey looks like a prototypical CB; w/ how inefficient r WR core is, bro probably looks like the next Richard Sherm in practice & off season training. So I’m not going to hold a new staff accountable for seeing a guy during the off season most likely looking CB1.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back